Slash 1/10 RTR Short Course Truck (Pink) by Traxxas w/On Board Audio, XL-5 ESC & 2.4GHz Radio
This is the Pink color schemed Traxxas Slash 1/10 Scale Ready to Run Electric 2WD Short-Course Truck, with On Board Audio. Grab the throttle and the On-Board Audio System roars to life, projecting the actual engine sounds from a 900+ horsepower Pro 4X4 short course truck.
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
Prepare to experience the beat of every piston stroke, feel the gear shifts under acceleration, and hear the horsepower as the RPM's scream through the power band. Bash it, crash it, and get it wet. No need to hold back...the sound system is just as rugged as the Slash itself. Flip the rocker switch on the supplied 3-channel TQ 2.4GHz transmitter to put the truck in neutral to rev up the engine. The precision audio and throttle response connects you to the truck for a whole new driving experience. Traxxas On-Board Audio is the exciting next dimension in Radio Controlled fun!
The award-winning Traxxas Slash Short-Course Race Truck puts you in the drivers seat for intense fender-to-fender, high-flying off-road action. The full-scale Short-Course Race Trucks embody the spirit of Traxxas R/C with their extreme 900+ horsepower racing engines full-throttle, dirt-roosting power slides, giant suspension travel, and Supercross-style big-air jumps. The Traxxas Slash brings all the action home so you can experience the high-speed head-to-head competition at the track or in your own backyard. The Slash was inspired by the TORC (The Off-Road Championship) Pro 2WD class. The Pro 2WD class specifies rear-wheel drive trucks purpose built to fly over jumps and rip full-throttle through the turns. The Traxxas Slash hangs it out for an all new way to challenge your driving skills. The 4-wheel independent suspension has been carefully tuned to replicate the Pro 2 driving and handling experience as closely as possible. The scale appearing tires provide just the right amount of bite and thick, blinding clouds of dirt roost.
- Off-Road Anywhere: The Traxxas Slash is well-equipped to tackle all of your off-track driving adventures. The long travel suspension and oil-filled shocks easily absorb jumps and rough terrain. The unique chassis design provides huge center ground clearance to drive over deep ruts, rocks, and other obstacles that leave ordinary R/C trucks stuck. The tires use advanced tread design and sophisticated rubber compounds to provide incredible grip off-road with enough versatility to also perform well on concrete and asphalt. The fenders cover the tires so you bang against your driving buddies without getting tangled up. The Revo-spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch design delivers smooth operation, precise adjustment, and consistent traction control. The bellcrank steering system virtually eliminates bump steer for precise handling and control. A digital steering servo delivers lightning fast response.
- Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun: Exclusive watertight, sealed electronics provide the freedom to drive where you want. Drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions. The proven XL-5 electronic speed control and the mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Slash. The battery compartment makes it easy to install batteries and the clever design makes it quickly adaptable for either 6 or 7-cell running (hump packs or stick packs).
- Modified Muscle: The Titan 12T 550 modified motor is designed for incredible mod-motor power output with virtually maintenance-free operation, and long-lasting performance. The Titan 12T 550 motor's integrated cooling fan pulls cool air through the motor to keep temperatures down. Airflow is routed through vent tunnels molded in the motor plate. A cooler running motor equates to faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life. The XL-5 Electronic Speed Control offers high current handling, EZ-Set® one-button setup, and smooth high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, low voltage detection, thermal shutdown protection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. As today's batteries store more and more energy inside their cells, traditional battery connectors could no longer keep up. The included patented Traxxas High-Current Connector opens the door for unrestricted current flow.
- Precision 2.4GHz Radio System: With the TQ™ 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ's ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. The included 3-channel TQ 2.4GHz transmitter is equipped with a rocker switch that enhances the On-Board Audio by allowing the model to be placed in "neutral", so the engine can be revved. After 10-seconds of no throttle input, the engine shuts down. When it's time to start the engine, just tap the throttle to feel and hear the surge of horsepower as the engine starts.
- Training Mode™: Traxxas' exclusive patented Training Mode let's everyone get in on the racing action. Just press a button to limit full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the mighty Titan 12T motor. The Slash is perfect for drivers at all experience levels. Training mode even makes it easy to hand the transmitter over to your friends who have never driven a radio controlled truck before.
- Brushless Ready: The Traxxas Slash is built for extreme Velineon™ brushless horsepower (sold separately). The included steel transmission gears, full ball bearings, and high-quality metal turnbuckle links are the winning setup for brushless durability. The factory-installed planetary differential is Traxxas-tough with hardened steel gears that never need adjusting! Perfect for long-lasting, all-day fun. Accessory battery hold downs are available for use with large capacity LiPo battery packs that can extend speed and run time. Compare the durability and features to others and you'll see that only Traxxas makes them truly brushless ready.
Length: 22.36 inches (568mm)
Front Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
Rear Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
Weight: 76.2oz (2.16kg)
Height (overall): 8.425 inches (214mm)
Wheelbase: 13.2 inches (335mm)
Front Shock Length: Long
Rear Shock Length: XXLong
Front Tires: Traxxas SCT 2.2"
Rear Tires: Traxxas SCT 2.2"
Front Wheels: 2.2" Satin-Finish
Rear Wheels: 2.2" Satin-Finish
Speed Control Type: Waterproof XL-5 ESC
Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 550 (12-turn)
Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 12.58)
Differential Type: Steel Composite Planetary
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Transmission: Metal Gear Magnum 272™
Chassis Type: Modified Tub
Chassis Material: Composite Nylon
Center Ground Clearance: 3.5 inches (89mm)
Top Speed: 30+mph*
Skill Level: 1
Radio System: TQ™ 2.4GHz (3-channel)
Included Batteries: Traxxas iD Power Cell Battery (NiMH, 7-C Stick)
- Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race 1/10 Scale 2wd Slash, with On-Board Audio System
- TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system
- Waterproof electronics with XL-5 Electronic Speed Control
- Power Cell 7-cell NiHM iD battery
- 4-amp peak detecting DC fast charger
- Race Replica painted body
Needed to Complete:
- (4) AA Batteries for Transmitter
This product was added to our catalog on September 21, 2016.
YOU WANT A REVIEW?
----Slash 1/10 RTR Short Course Truck (Arie Luyendyk) by Traxxas----
THE BEST TRUGGY YOU CAN BUY THAT WONT BREAK YOUR BANK!
I am not review this truggy in pink, I am reviewing the truggy listed here
at hobbytown ^.
I have BASHED, JUMPED, FLIPPED, LANDED FRONT BACK AND SIDE, MUDDING, DEFINATELY WATERPROOF
((( and worth every freakin penny )))
unlike the other junk cars and trucks, and just like all has said.
THIS TRUGGY IS EFFIN TOUGH BOY!
get a venom lipo and charger with led readouts and ya set.
--BELIEVE ME! I HAVE SUNK TONS OF MONEY ON JUNK CARS AND TRUCKS THIS HOLDS THE TOUGHEST--
EXCELLENT! 12/10 RATING
You want a)
The Slash is availble in several configurations , 2WD w Brushed motor , 2WD brushed motor with on board audio (OBA) that adds real engine sounds of the 900HP Full size short course truck the Slash is modeled after . There are also 4WD brushless models available for the ultimate in traction and speed .
The slash is one tough truck , no matter witch model you choose . I purchased my first Slash about 7 years ago and after 100s of runs on the track and just backyard informal running , only broke it twice !!
That says a lot ! One breage was a shockcracked shock cap and bent shock shaft (my fault)
The other was a cracked "A" arm also my fault after hitting a wall at full clip , head on.
The Chassis is huge and has a good amount of clearance , is made of super strong plastic , in fact all the plastic chassis parts are at least as strong as any rc vehicle i have ever seen or owned .
The brushed motor and brushed motor only esc on the 2wd slash are super dependable and will reach sppeds of 21-24 mph out of the box w installed pinion gear . If you want more speed you can change the pinion , but your motor will get quite warm ..if not HOT!
The receiver , servo and esc can handle wet conditions like puddles and snow but full submersion is not a great idea . the rear differential has full ball bearings with adjustable slipper clutch and is super strong amd silky smoothe.
The transmitter currently shipping with all versions is a very good radio and dependable and does its intended job well . serious racers may want to consider a higher end radio but the stock unit will get you going and works quite well.
The tires are very realistic and great for most drivers ..serious track racers will want to see what the local track slash racers are running for optimal track performance .
The body is very attractive and takes anything you can throw at it .
Overall if your looking for one of the very best 2WD or 4WD ready to run vehicles for the tack or just bashing the TRAXXAS SLASH should be at the top of your list .
It is one of the best choices for anyone that is just getting started ..period !!
Tough as nails , easy to work on , upgrades and performance parts as well as stock parts are easy to find .
Looks awesome and is a total blast to drive .
5 STARS !!!
P.S. check out the. Slash with on board audio....you will love it !)