SCX10 II 2000 Jeep Cherokee Rock Crawler Kit by Axial Racing
The Axial SCX10 II retains the spirit of the SCX10 with its all-metal twin c-channel frame rails. But the frame rails are only 2% of this completely fresh design. Scale AR44 high pinion axles, a chassis mounted servo (CMS), re-designed transmission with transfer case, front mounted battery tray, aluminum suspension links that use M4 hardware, and a suspension design that creates nearly zero bump steer. These are just a few of the features built into the SCX10 II.
SCX10 II Features:
- AR44 HI-PINION AXLES:
- High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
- The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
- Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
- Single piece axle housing for added strength
- Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
- Front and rear 1-piece lockers
- Bolt on link mounts
- Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
- Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared the previous at 2.92 – this reduces torque twist at the axle which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
- 2000 JEEP® CHEROKEE BODY:
- Comes with molded scale detail parts (Grill with clear lenses, mirrors, door handles and liftgate trim panel).
- Clear Body with detailed decal sheet and window masks
- SCX10™ II TRANSMISSION:
- Transfer case design helps keep the driveshaft’s centered and as low as possible in the chassis
- Final drive ratio range 33.69 – 54.15 with available spur - pinion gear combinations
- Comes with 56T spur gear and 15T pinion / 32-pitch for durability
- All metal internal gears for strength and durability
- Final drive ratio (FDR) 40.44 with a range from 33.69 - 54.15 - Original SCX10 was 33.06
- Scale looks mimics a full size transmission and transfer case
- CHASSIS MOUNTED SERVO (CMS):
- Scale looks with proper suspension geometry
- Anodized aluminum links included w/ M4 rod ends
- Adjustable servo mounting system allows for a wide range of servos to be used
- Properly designed suspension for nearly zero bump steer
- AR44 UNIVERSAL AXLE SET:
- Up to 45 degrees of steering
- Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
- Compact yet durable design
- Hardened steel construction
- KINGPIN ANGLE:
- 8 degree kingpin angle
- Improved scrub radius over the AX10 axle
- ALL ALUMINUM SUSPENSION LINKS:
- All links are metal including the steering
- Custom tapered center - flared ends design
- Large M4 rod ends
- Grey anodized aluminum
- 1.9 METHOD MESH WHEELS:
- Officially licensed METHOD Mesh Wheels are replicated in true form for durability and a clean look.
- 1.9 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A® KO2 TIRES - R35:
- Officially licensed by BFGoodrich
- 4.65” x 1.65” / 1.9 (118mm x 42.5mm)
- R35 compound
- ADJUSTABLE WHEELBASE:
- Wheelbase adjustment is easily done in the rear end without affecting the steering geometry and maintaining zero bump steer.
- Adjustable wheelbase (11.4”/ 12.0” / 12.3”) with optional links sold separately
- 4 link rear
- 12.3” wheelbase
- ICON ALUMINUM SHOCKS:
- Fully licensed Icon Vehicle Dynamics™ shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies, complete with aluminum faux reservoirs.
- Main shock body is threaded for quick ride height adjustments and pre-load tuning ability.
- Completely rebuildable, tunable and offer consistent handling.
- 61-90mm Aluminum Shock Set with 7mm piston.
- JCR OFFROAD VANGUARD BUMPERS:
- Scale licensed JCR Offroad front and rear bumpers.
- Rear mount has been extended and stiffer plastics chosen to help limit the typical sag seen in plastic bumpers.
- Lenses included for light locations on bumpers.
- Rear tow hitch included for added scale appearance.
- JCR OFFROAD XJ ROCK SLIDERS:
- Scale rock sliders licensed by JCR Offroad.
- Specifically sized to fit the Axial Jeep® Cherokee body.
- Adjustable widths.
- JCR OFFROAD ROOF RACK:
- JCR Offroad roof rack with mounting points for optional lights.
- ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY:
- The adjustable battery tray is now relocated lower and further forward for better weight distribution and center of gravity (COG).
- Adjustable tray that prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving.
- Posts are included to fine tune the fit based on the battery you choose.
- Easy access for quicker battery changes.
- Can accommodate batteries up to 32x44x147mm (3S 5,000mAh).
- STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME RAIL CHASSIS:
- The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware.
- Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity (torsional stiffness).
- Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance.
- Simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy.
- The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain.
- Compared to the previous design, additional holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for making wheelbase adjustments.
- WIRE ROUTING:
- Wire routing has been thoroughly thought through to help keep your chassis layout looking clean.
- In addition to including wire clips/guides, there has been a channel created that runs the length of the chassis so you can run additional wires hidden inside the c-channel frame.
- Optional mounting points and wire routing for a chassis mounted servo winch and 2 speed shift servo.
- WATERPROOF RECEIVER BOX / ESC TRAY:
- Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
- Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity.
- Clean mounting surface for your ESC is large enough to accommodate up to 50x40mm footprint.
- WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS:
- WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength.
- A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube.
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes.
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint.
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance.
- Adjustable length driveline parts included in box.
Length: 22.1” (562mm)
Width: 8.9” (226mm)
Height: 10.5” (268mm)
Wheelbase: 12.3” (313mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.0” (77mm)
Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg) estimated with electronics
Needed to Complete:
- Transmitter & Receiver
- 1/10 Scale ESC & Motor
- High Torque Steering Servo
- 2S to 3S LiPo Battery (32x44x147mm Max) & Charger
- AA size Batteries for Radio System
- Paint for Body
This product was added to our catalog on September 27, 2016.