Scorpion XXL VE "Type 1" 1/7 Scale 2wd Buggy by Kyosho w/Syncro 2.4GHz Radio System (White)
This is the Kyosho Scorpion XXL VE "Type 1" 1/7 Scale 2wd Buggy with an included Syncro 2.4GHz Radio System. The Scorpion XXL is a unique concept from Kyosho. It is a monster size (630mm/24.8" long), mid-motor 2wd Buggy, with a scale body design and a modern brushless power system that make it a true all terrain beast. The Scorpion XXL is roughly 20% larger than an 1/8 scale truggy, and is about 15% smaller than a 1/5th scale car. The large size means the Scorpion XXL does not need a specially designed track, it's the perfect size for a typical 1/8-scale track! The Scorpion XXL's size also allows the use of a 4S LiPo batteries to power the system, making the car extremely powerful, but not nearly as expensive as the 8 to 10S power that other systems need to move the heavier 1/5-scale machines. So, the performance is incredible (even better with an optional 6S compatible ESC), it's well suited to a typical 1/8 track, and the cost of operation is more reasonable than a 1/5-scale.
"Scale" is a trend that is becoming one of the most popular features found on modern RC vehicles and the Scorpion XXL brings home that timeless scale appeal of a desert racing buggy. The Scorpion XXL not only looks good with a real roll cage, a driver figure and even some rear pod bodywork, it looks like the real thing! It's as functional as it is attractive, with side vents that direct cooling air over the ESC and motor, the roll cage actually protects the body, and the running lights can be fitted with an optional BRIGHT LED light kit that features 7 high-intensity LEDs per light for action after the sun goes down. A number of aftermarket accessories will also be available to customize the appearance and enhance the performance of this machine. All this makes the Scorpion XXL perfect for bashers, scale enthusiasts, and club racers. It doesn't matter what facet of the hobby you enjoy most, this machine delivers serious fun!
What is a Ready Set? A Ready Set is a fully assembled model that includes nearly everything you need to run. Body Color scheme is complete so only consumables like AA batteries and a 4S Li-Po battery are required so you can start operating the model without delay.
- Monster Size Chassis: 3mm high grade aluminum chassis with double wall chassis brace. The biggest in the Kyosho Line
- Team Orion Brushless system (Water Proof): Vortex R8WP ESC with a monster can Vortex "Seven" High torque motor designed and tested for the Scorpion XXL. Enough power to do wheelies! 2S-4S compatible system.
- Smart Battery Tray Design: Adjustable bed tray allows to fit and secure various size and types of battery packs.
- Scale Body: Aero body with roll cage and driver, lights and working air vents.
- Flip Top Body: With 4 body clips off the body swings open for easy maintenance.
- Super Big-Bore Shocks: Larger and thicker than truck shocks with 4mm shafts for intense all terrain action.
- Big Tires: Big Sand Super high grip tires are mounted to wheels that are compatible with 1/8 racing truck tires.
- Heavy Duty Drivetrain: Bullet proof drivetrain with slipper clutch and all-metal gears in the transmission.
- Gull-Wing Type Front Suspension: More stroke and efficient damping for tight corning capability.
- Mid Motor Configuration: Race Bred design
- 1/8th size (17mm) hex hubs
- Working side cooling vents
- Heavy duty side guards
- All Hex Screws
- Sealed receiver compartment
- Waterproof, high-torque, high-speed steering servo
Length: 630mm (24.8")
Width: 402mm (15.8")
Height: 244mm (9.6")
Wheelbase: 452mm (17.7")
Gear Ratio: 16:1
Weight: 4400g *approx
- Factory Assembled Chassis
- Pre-Painted Body with Decals
- 2.4Ghz Syncro System (KT-201 & KR-200)
- KS201 Metal Gear Servo
- (4) AA Batteries
- (1) 4S or (2) 2S Li-Po Batteries w/Deans Plug *Note: 2 x 2S pack setup requires an optional "series cable" w/Deans Plugs.
- Li-Po Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on October 24, 2012.
I have 2 of these my wife and I both run them.
After countless runs the entire summer some in just the sand, both cars are holding up great!
I took both of them apart to check the transmission gears and they both are like new.
After having Baja's these are the best size to compliment large scale.
They fit nicely in the trunk and run just fine on 4s.
Bad land tires add the perfect all around tire and paddles work great for the sand.
I am running the ones from the FOXX VE.
Both cars are stock and after a check over out of the box ( some loc tite is needed ) they are rock solid.
The stock radio is no good for long distance so I am running Fasst systems in both.
Both are easy to drive and anybody that started out with a buggy back in the day like I did will like this thing allot.
I am trying to remember anything else....
Had 1 bearing go bad in the tranny case on the drive cup but that was due to the drive shaft being to long.
Earlier versions had issues with diffs and drive shaft length.
Watch for that if you get an older one.
Hope this helps anybody thats thinking about buying the XXL VE..
MOney well spent if you ask me!)