SC10 RTR Electric 2WD Short Course Truck (KMC Wheels) by Team Associated w/2.4GHz Radio
This product was added to our catalog on June 4, 2009.
This is the Team Associated "KMC Wheels" SC10 RTR Electric 2WD Short Course Truck, with a 2.4GHz Radio System and Brushed Motor.
Finally, you can now have Team Associated’s world-class performance with true scale authenticity in a 1:10 scale ready-to-run electric truck! Team Associated is proud to bring to you the SC10; a 1:10 scale electric 2WD off road, authentic short course race-truck that is ready-to-run.
Based on the 6-time ROAR National Winning RC10T4, the engineers behind the doors in Area-51 made the SC10 both, all show and all go!
The SC10 comes ready-to-run with a factory finished short course race-truck body, short course style wheels and aggressive tread multi-terrain tires, all that have been designed to look just like the full-size race trucks that run in short course off-road series around the country. The world of high-performance 1:10 scale electric R/C has never before seen this level of scale accuracy! At first glance it’s easy to see that the SC10 is another champion by design!
- Built on the 6-time National Champion RC10T4 platform
- Authentic short course replica racing truck body
- Short course style wheels and aggressive tread multi-terrain scale tires with re-enforced sidewalls
- Realistic bumpers front and rear for maximum durability
- AE logo mud flaps
- 2.6:1 ratio gearbox equipped with sealed gear differential
- Efficient dual-sided, externally adjustable slipper clutch
- Molded composite low-CG chassis
- Hinged battery hold-down strap fits NiMH & LiPo battery packs
- Set-screw secured antenna tube
- Durable front and rear body mounts
- 14 rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Rugged steel turnbuckles for quick and easy suspension adjustments
- Fully adjustable suspension geometry
- Angled bellcrank “coplanar” steering with integral servo saver
- Vertical ball end roll-center adjustments front and rear
- Blue aluminum shock bodies
- Steel rear dogbone drive shafts
- XP 2.4GHz radio system with metal gear steering servo
- Digital electronic forward/reverse speed controller with optional LiPo low voltage cut off and optional reverse lockout
- Reedy 17-turn motor
- Many Factory Team & Reedy option parts already available!
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Truck
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Ready-To-Run*
Length: 550mm (21.65in)
Width: 293mm (11.54in)
Wheelbase: 327mm (12.87in)
Weight: 2080g (4.59 lbs)
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.6:1
Needed to Complete:
- 7.2V NiMH or 7.4V LiPo battery & compatible charger w/Deans T-Style Connector
- (8) AA Batteries for transmitter
These trucks are great. They handle quite well out of the box. The instruction manuals and paperwork included are very thorough and informative; a big plus. Build quality has been impressive so far for me, other than some play in the knuckles front and rear at the hinge pins for the arms. You'll have that though. In my opinion, it outperforms the Slash RTR with ease. The suspension is better, the handling is better, the tires are better (the Slash used for comparison had Mud Terrains on it, though...), the transmitter is better...
If you're going to buy an SC10 and aren't already a competent driver, I'd suggest buying a front chassis brace to go along with the truck. These are a lot lighter built than the Slash and the front bulkhead area of the chassis is quite thin. It's not a problem if you don't have any hard obstacles, but I often practice and run this car inside our auto shop and worry a lot about a hard hit to a lift or a work bench. I could see bad things happening.
All in all, it's been about a week's worth of bashing and gravel/asphalt practice with the SC10 as my first Short Course truck, and it has been a complete joy other than my likely lemon motor problem. Would highly recommend to a friend.)