SC10 1/10 RTR 2WD Short Course Truck (Rockstar-Makita) by Team Associated w/2.4GHz Radio
This product was added to our catalog on June 20, 2011.
This is the Team Associated SC10 1/10 Scale RTR Brushless Electric 2WD Short Course Truck, with a "Rockstar Makita" race replica body. Team Associated's SC10 is a Ready-To-Run R/C replica of the trucks driven in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. After winning the 2010 R.O.A.R. National Championships the SC10 has received some major upgrades including a water-resistant enclosed receiver box. The suspension also received an upgrade with the addition of adjustable blue anodized aluminum V2 coil-over shocks.
The 2.6:1 ratio gearbox includes a sealed gear differential with new heavy-duty internal gears and the externally adjustable V2 slipper clutch. The KMC® replica hex-drive wheels come standard on the SC10 with high traction JConcepts racing compound rear tires and inserts for more grip. The XP 2.4GHz radio system and XP metal gear steering servo round out the SC10 package, making it a potent race ready short course machine!
- 2010 ROAR National Champion short course truck
- XP 2.4GHz radio system with XP metal gear steering servo
- High-Power Water-Resistant Brushless Speed Control with T-plug Connector
- Reedy 3300 KV Brushless Motor
- Water-Resistant enclosed receiver box
- Blue anodized aluminum V2 coil-over shocks
- Sealed gear diff with new heavy-duty gears
- KMC® replica hex-drive wheels front and rear
- JConcepts racing compound rear tires and inserts
- Championship short course racing truck body
- Composite battery hold-down strap fits NiMH & LiPo battery packs
- Realistic front and rear bumpers with AE logo rear mud flaps
- Molded composite low-CG chassis with increased strength
- 14 precision rubber sealed ball bearings
- Durable front and rear body mounts
- Rugged steel turnbuckles
- Fully adjustable suspension geometry
- Angled bellcrank "coplanar" steering with integral servo saver
- Vertical ball end roll-center adjustments front & rear
- Also available as a combo including a battery & charger (ASC7049C)
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Truck
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Ready-To-Run*
Length: 550mm (21.65in)
Width: 293mm (11.54in)
Wheelbase: 327mm (12.87in)
Weight: 2080g (4.59 lbs)
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.6:1
Needed to Complete
- (8) Eight AA batteries
- 6-cell sub-C or 2S LiPo rechargeable battery pack w/Deans T-Style Connector
Really easy to drive right out of the box.
TON of aftermarket support to customize and tune your truck.
Very easy and straight forward to work on.
Some things to note are as follows. The ball cups on the rear have a habit of popping off, especially if you race on a hard packed clay track and come down off a jump sideways. This causes the dog bone drive shaft to fling out of your truck. Make sure when you have a crash like this you check for that driveshaft on the ground somewhere nearby. The best fix for this is to convert the rear turnbuckles to captured ball ends like what is found on the sc10 4x4. The diff comes packed with black grease, a much better option is to fill the diff with silicone diff fluid, and this also allows you to tune the diff as well with different weight oils. A big weak point that should be addressed before you even drive this truck is that the rear axles use a rolled steel pin to transfer energy to the drive hub from the drive axle. Ditch these immediately and upgrade to the factory team ones, they are only a couple of dollars and I have yet to break one as they are solid steel instead of a rolled pin. I have broken the stock ones several times.
Solid truck and a fantastic way to get into racing!)