SB401 1/10 4WD Buggy Kit by Hobby Pro
This is the Hobby Pro SB401 1/10 4WD Buggy Kit. The SB401 is one of a handful of cars that allows the option to use a shorty or saddle pack style battery in the same car. The CNC machined aluminum chassis allows you to change the motor position from left/rear to right/front to tune the weight distribution and battery type to suit a variety of driving styles or track conditions. The chassis also allows the user to swap the position of the ESC and steering servo from right to left.
PR Racing’s suspension goes above and beyond when it comes to quality and design. The 12.75mm Shocks are some of the biggest available for a 1/10 scale buggy. The rear shocks can be positioned in front or behind the shock tower, with multiple tower and arm positions to allow even more setup options. Plus, a wide range (4 variations) of optional shock pistons are available (not included) to further fine tune the chassis for competition. Additionally, the SB401 features a spindle/c-hub type steering system to deliver fast steering reaction and direction changes. Carbon Fiber, machined aluminum and carbon composite plastics have been used throughout to provide strength and durability.
CNC machined 39T/15T ring and pinion gears have been combined with sealed front and rear planetary gear differentials to deliver durability combined with the ability to tune the differentials with silicone fluid. The center diff mount houses a sealed gear differential, but also allows the use of an optional standard center slipper (not included) for even more options! The bulkheads allow quick access so the differentials are easily tuned. CVD driveshafts are used throughout, and 14mm hex hub wheels are included to efficiently transfer the power to the ground. If you’re looking for a competitive and versatile 1/10 4wd Buggy, the PR Racing SB401 4wd off road Buggy is a true contender.
- Use a shorty or saddle pack style battery
- Adjustable motor position from left/rear to right/front to tune the weight distribution
- Adjustable ESC/Servo position
- Carbon Fiber, CNC machined aluminum and carbon composite plastics used throughout
- Sealed gear diffs front, center and rear
- 12.75mm Big Bore Shocks
- 12° chassis kick up (20° Adjustment range)
- Metric Hardware
- Full Precision Ball Bearings
- 14mm Hex Front and Rear Wheels included
- 77 tooth spur gear
- CNC aluminum one-piece motor mount
- Full CVD driveshafts
- Optional slipper clutch and 12mm hex hubs available separately (not included)
Motor: 540 size
Tooth Gear Pitch: 48 Pitch
Shock Type: Oil Filled Aluminum Shocks with bladders
Body: Unpainted clear body with over spray
Weight: 1785g(weight varies with choice of electronics, tires & body)
Gear Ratio: 2.6: 1
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Surface Radio System (Minimum)
- 1/10 ESC, Motor & Pinion Gear
- High Speed Servo
- 2S Shorty or Saddle LiPo Battery & Compatible LiPo Charger
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- 1/10 4wd Buggy Tires, inserts and CA Glue
- Metric 1.5mm, 2.0mm hex driver
- Metric 5.5mm, 7.0mm nut driver
- Silicon diff oil
- Thread lock
- ESC, motor, servo and tires shown in photos are for reference only and are not included. Additionally, the body included in the kit is clear and requires painting.
- Shorty pack battery setup can accommodate the motor in either position, but if using a saddle pack the right/front motor position is the only setup that can be used.
This product was added to our catalog on February 3, 2015.