Savage XL 5.9 Big Block 1/8 Scale RTR Monster Truck by HPI Racing w/2.4GHz Radio
This is the HPI Savage XL 5.9 Big Block 1/8 Scale Ready-to-Run Monster Truck. The monstrous Savage XL is bigger in every dimension than all other 1/8th scale monster trucks. The XL 5.9 is taller and wider, with a longer wheelbase, more ground clearance and huge tires! Itís based on the nearly indestructible Savage X chassis, but features even more durability upgrades like XtraLong 3mm TVP plates and engine mount, XtraLarge Terra Pin tires, XtraLarge width, XtraLarge Big Bore shocks, an XtraLarge body and much more. The Savage XL is ready to rock and roll over any kind of terrain right out of the box!
Just Add Fuel!
The Savage XL package comes 99% complete - all you have to do is add 16-20% nitro content fuel and you've got a fully-functioning nitro-powered monster truck! In the box you get: AA batteries for the transmitter, a rechargeable receiver pack to power the truck's servos, a Roto Start handheld engine starter with battery, and a wall charger for both the receiver pack and Roto Start battery. Just add fuel!
In addition to the standard extra long aluminum chassis, 3-speed transmission, steel spur gear, heavy duty clutchbell, dogbones, outdrives and axles, machined brake hub and dual fiber disk brakes, the updated Savage XL features option parts that boost convenience, reliability and performance so you can drive your Savage just about anywhere with complete confidence!
- Sintered Bulletproof Diff Gears: At both ends of the Savage XL, these Sintered Bulletproof Diff Gears (HPI105551) are now standard equipment, allowing all the engine power from the Nitro Star K5.9 to get to the tires without being harmed by rough landings or crashes. A truly monstrous gear ratio of 29/9 gives massive acceleration for burly air and heart-stopping stunts!
- Big Bore Shock Absorbers: The Savage XL is now fitted with a full set of Big Bore Savage shocks (HPI102365), making it lighter, sleeker-looking and easier to maintain! 4 Big Bore shocks are lighter than 8 standard Savage shocks, so you'll experience an even better power-to-weight ratio than before, and should you ever need to rebuild the shocks you now have half as many to work on. Plus, the Big Bore shocks just look better!
Awesome XL Looks!
The Savage XL definitely looks the part of the massive monster truck! The extended wheelbase is the perfect evolution of the Savage design, and with the larger tires and "Gigante" bodyshell the Savage XL is simply a great-looking truck! The wide front grille and huge headlights of the XL's bodyshell merge with the flared wheel arches front and rear for a huge Ďwow factor. The tall, wide Terra Pin tires fit the bodyshell perfectly for a fantastic look thatís sure to intimidate the opposition at your local bashing arena! Finally, while the 8-hole wheels look huge, they use a standard 17mm hex hub (the same as other HPI Savage monster trucks) so itís easy to change the look and style of the XL as often as you like. The Savage XL looks as impressive as it performs!
At the heart of the Savage XL is the monstrous Nitro Star K5.9 engine! This 5.9cc (.36 cubic inch) powerplant gives the XL loads of torque for turning the giant tires and the muscle to power over obstacles and through the toughest terrain and conditions. The low powerband supplies the torque for getting the XL up to speed fast, and the curved manifold and aluminum tuned pipe squeeze every bit of power out of the engine. The K5.9 is also fitted with a Roto-Start 2 for easy starting, a vented heavy-duty clutchbell, an aluminum 3-shoe clutch for tough and reliable power transfer and a gigantic heatsink head.
Easy to Drive!
All this power and durability gets you nowhere unless the truck is easy to drive and can get you through the rough stuff. The Savage XL is more forgiving in extreme terrain than other Savage trucks, making it easier to control in the most terrifying conditions! The first thing that hits the ground are the huge HPI Terra Pin tires, which feature a tall sidewall, expanding carcass cross-section and tough spikes to rip through grass and loose dirt. The tall tires make handling the rough stuff easy, and the ground clearance of over 3 inches gets you over any obstacles with room to spare! In addition to the friendlier handling, because its massive size the XL can handle even rougher terrain than the rest of the Savage monster trucks.
- Rigid 6061-series aluminum 3mm TVP (twin vertical plate) chassis
- HPI Nitro Star K5.9 .36 cu in (5.9cc) engine
- Dual stage air filter
- HPI Roto Start 2 shaft drive electric starter
- Polished aluminum two-chamber tuned pipe and polished aluminum manifold
- HPI TF-20U 2.4GHz transmitter, SF-5 high torque steering servo, and SF-1 servo for throttle
- Chrome plated 2.2" (56mm) wide wheels with 17mm aluminum hex hubs, 3.4" (87mm) diameter
- HPI Terra Pin tires , 7" (178mm) diameter, 3.35" (85mm) wide
- Four long-stroke oil-filled big bore shocks (HPI102365)
- 5.4oz (160cc), fuel tank with flip top cap
- Three shoe aluminum clutch
- Heavy duty 16 tooth vented clutch bell
- Gigante monster truck body
- Double wishbone suspension with lightweight suspension arms
- Dual red fiberglass brake discs and machined steel hub
- Three-speed transmission with metal gears and adjustable shift point
- Alloy case differentials with with machined steel rings and gears
- HD machined steel diff outdrives, dogbones and axles
- Heavy duty dual slipper plates and shock absorbing rubber pad
- Machined steel 52 tooth spur gear
- Full set of rubber sealed ball bearings
- Bell crank steering with cam-type servo saver steering arms
- Two year limited manufacturers warranty, valid only in the US, Canada and South America
Needed to Complete:
- Nitro Car Fuel (16-20% nitro content)
This product was added to our catalog on April 21, 2014.