S411 ERYX 4.0 Electric Touring Car Kit by Serpent w/2.0mm Alu Chassis
This product was added to our catalog on January 15, 2016.
The Serpent S411 ERYX 4.0 Electric Touring Car Kit is the latest stage of development for the 411 platform. Featuring an ultra low center of gravity, optimized weight distribution, high performance geometry and top quality materials throughout, the ERYX is Serpents top choice for 1/10 TC racing.
NOTE: Painted body, tires and wheels shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
In Depth Eryx 4.0 Features:
- Harder Front C-hub: A standard system on most high-end touring cars, the ERYX features a Hard composite front C-hub system. The car comes standard with a 4-degree caster block but is also supplied with a pair of 2 and 6-degree blocks. The C-hub is large enough to take out the drive-shaft assembly without dis-assembling the c-hubs.
- Front Suspension: Similar to the rear suspension in configuration, the front suspension sports a lower composite wishbone while the upper camber adjustment is handled using an aluminum track rod which is solid, lightweight and can easily handle impacts.
- Rear Section with Hard Arms: The rear end of the ERYX features stronger Hard lower wishbones. The lower wishbones can be used on both the left and right sides, minimizing the number of spare parts needed to bring to the track. The rear Hard upright features a pivot pin mounting point on the bottom and 2 upper camber link mounting holes for fine-tuning camber rise.
- Identical: The front and rear end of the Serpent ERYX are fully identical and been designed for high performance and ease of maintenance. The rear bearing blocks have been designed in 2 pieces which allows the topside to be simply removed with 4 screws, giving you easy access to the differential for maintenance or adjustment. All the parts have been machined from aluminum and are anodized in gun metal grey.
- Central Section: The one piece machined aluminum motor bracket is super light and super low, and suits both stock and mod gearing well. The small front aluminum bracket, can be fitted with an aluminum bushing with long screw to connect to the top-deck. It can also be removed to create extra flex. The separate machined brackets hold the light aluminum middle shaft/ 19T pulley.
- Composite Gear Diff with Composite Gears & X-Axle: The ERYX comes supplied with a lightweight and smooth rear gear-differential. This super small differential can handle all the power of BL motors. Gear-diff can also be used on the front. The 4.0 version has redesigned composite internal gears and 3.5mm x-shape shaft and features coated aluminum out drives. The metal gears can also still be used or mixed with composite. (The ball-diff is optional).
- Big Bore Shocks: Serpent big bore on road shocks lower the center of gravity even further. They come with threaded and coated shock-bodies, preload shock nuts with o-ring, harder membranes, super smooth and strong shock-rods with clip to hold the piston, perfectly machined pistons in updated yellow material (1, 2, 3 and 4 hole pistons in kit), top level x-ring /bushing package, light spring-cups, and strong ball joints. The advantage is that you can continue using the normal size springs as before. High quality race-springs included with color coding, ground flat for even load.
- Bumper: The front bumper has been made from a high impact absorbing foam material and is shaped to protect the entire front end of the car in the event of a crash. The bumper is held in place with a large top-plate.
- Ball-Bearings: The ERYX is supplied with high-quality lightweight bearings with orange seals throughout, making the drive train very efficient and allowing it to run very smoothly.
- Ackermann: two positions on the steering blocks, and the steering plate with shims
- Camber: adjustable front and rear
- Toe-in: adjustable front and rear
- Front Caster: 4° static ( 0°, 2° or 6° as optional )
- Down Stops: adjustable front and rear
- Front Anti-Dive: adjustable range 0° to 3°
- Rear Anti-Squat: adjustable range 0° to 3°
- Anti-Roll Bars: 1.4mm front and 1.4mm rear
- Anti-Roll Bars: The ERYX is supplied with coded anti-roll bars front and rear with a composite centering bracket. The anti-roll bars are available in a number of thicknesses and are connected to the wishbones using short adjustable track rods, connected with a pivot ball to the lower front wishbone, and with a ball directly to the rear lower wishbone. The anti-roll bars run in small tapered nylon inserts , and the anti-roll bar is centered through one captured center bushing.
- Spool: The car includes a front spool which has been made from hard anodized aluminum and are used with blades to increase life span. The shape has been optimized to ensure that the part is as light as possible without compromising strength.
- Steering Assembly: The Serpent ERYX utilizes a centrally mounted ball raced dual pivot steering assembly-rack in aluminum. Offset steering linkage for correct steering geometry and ackermann. The steering assembly allows for very precise steering and great control. The ackermann is adjustable by using shims. The system pivots on wider low steering-shafts, creating a more direct steering feel. The bearing in the levers are pressed inside for a play-free assembly
- Unique Servo-Holder: The unique and innovative servo holder has zero influence on tweak, as its floating above the chassis and mounted directly to the steering-assembly in the center of the car. This also keeps the weight lower than any other design.
- Suspension Brackets: For adjusting the cars toe-in and track-width, the ERYX is equipped with separately mounted suspension brackets on both the front and rear of the car. Each bracket features a number that corresponds to the setting being used and due to the way they are mounted allows the user to easily and accurately adjust their cars settings. The brackets are designed so they can be used in any position in the car. The inner brackets FR and RR are now split type, to allow for more flex. The split suspension blocks are mirror type, so you can use them either left or right and obtain a different desired setting. This way less different blocks are needed for a good variety of settings. Standard ones: 3.5/ 0.5 split blocks in the rear, 2.0/ 0.5 in the front
- Spring Steel DJC / CVD's: Supplied with a complete set of 4 high quality hard coated spring-steel CVD shafts, which are a highly consistent, efficient and durable way to transfer all the power the surface. The front are v2 type double joint cardain DJC, the rear are regular CVD style shafts.
- Chassis Plate: The very narrow chassis plate has been machined from 2mm 7075 6 aluminum, lowered sides to lower the center of gravity and mount the electronics lower. All holes in the base of the chassis have been countersunk. The chassis further features extra holes to mount weights and additional stiffeners. All holes are as close to the center line of the chassis, to create even flex.
- Battery-Stays Carbon/Aluminum: The battery pack is kept in place by 2 mounts on the center line of the car, and 2 special carbon/aluminum mounts with slits to mount the glass-tape. The carbon brace can be easily moved front or rearward to move the battery more forward or backwards. Below these these the carbon Lipo battery holders are mounted.
- Belts - Drivetrain: The ERYX features a 2-belt configuration with a long front and a short rear Kevlar reinforced low friction belt that combined with precision molded gears makes for a super smooth and free drive train.
- Shock Towers: The Serpent ERYX features lower shock towers 2.5mm thick carbon fiber shock towers on the front and rear of the car. Each tower sports multiple holes for adjustment of the shock angle while the rear tower also acts as the mount for the rear body posts and the front tower accommodates a 3rd front body post.
ERYX 4.0 Features at a Glance:
- 2mm coated and laser engraved 7075 T6 aluminum chassis; dark grey anodized with ERYX logo, lowered machined sides for optimal flex and lower CG, fully symmetrical for even flex
- Redesigned shocks; housing, lower cap, x-rings, machined bushings, shock rods, shock caps, membranes
- 2mm higher front carbon shock towers to mount updated shocks
- 2mm higher rear carbon shock towers to mount updated shocks
- Redesigned mid-shaft pulley system with play free assembly, one screw fixture
- One piece lower CG 7075 T6 motor mount, centrally mounted
- Adjustable carbon/aluminum battery supports to move battery front or back precisely, easily and securely
- Steering-set with wider pivot system for more direct response
- Improved diff gears for super smooth diff action
- Serpent spring steel front Double Joint Cardain shafts
- Hard compound molded suspension parts
- Ball raced anti-roll bars
- Centrally mounted servo-mount, lowest cg
- Low friction belts and super true low friction pulleys
Class: 1/10th scale 190mm Electric
Chassis: 2mm 7075 T6 aluminum, anodized, CNC machined
Suspension: Front C-Hub suspension system
Rear Axle: Rear gear- differential with composite gears
Front Axle: Front spool with blades
Drive System: 4wd through 2 kevlar reinforced timing belts
Shocks: Super-Short RCM shock
Wheel Base: 254mm +/- 4mm
Track-Width Front: 190mm /- 6mm
Track-Width Rear: 190mm /- 6mm
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- Battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Touring car tires
- 190mm touring car body
- Polycarbonate paint for body