S100 LTR Link 1/10 Electric Pan Car Kit by Serpent
This is the Serpent S100 LTR Link 1/10 Scale Electric Pan Car Kit. The S100 LTR pan car features an updated carbon fiber chassis that is not wider but is also very versatile allowing for different layouts. Up front the steering blocks feature inserts to make fine-tune adjustments, coupled with the pivotlink steering system. A unique friction free central pivot system is also used with the Serpent light and long RCCX pancar shock. In the back, a redesigned rear pod plate and lighter aluminum rear brackets help lower the center of gravity.
NOTE: Body, tires, wheels and electronics shown in photos are shown for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
Main S100 LTR Features:
- Wider carbon chassis, versatile for different layouts
- Steering blocks with inserts
- Unique friction free central pivot system
- Serpent light and long RCCX pan car shock
- Pivot link steering system
- Servo position ( more layouts possible)
- Redesigned rear pod plate and lighter alu rear brackets
- Lower center of gravity
- Chassis: The strong basis is formed by the 2.5mm thick carbon fiber chassis plate with supports enabling a forward or backward battery position, and enough space for all the electronics.
- Motor Pod: The updated motorpod is a beautifull combination of high quality machined aluminum brackets and top quality carbon fiber parts, bolted together to create an ultra stiff rear pod. The motor-bracket allows the brushless motor to be mounted in the optimal position for car balance and offers good heat dissipation as well.
- Central shock: To aid rear traction under acceleration and to absorb bumps, the S100 Link sports a centrally mounted shock absorber. Supplied with a soft spring, the pre load of which can be adjusted, the front mount of this shock absorber is used for adjusting the rear down stop and range of movement between the chassis and motor pod.
- Rear ball differential: The S100 Link comes supplied with a durable and high performance ball differential. Easily adjusted by a plastic nut, accessible through the right rear wheel, the differential uses high quality steel balls and plates and is supplied with both suitable silicone and graphite grease for use during assembly and maintenance. The ball-differential features hardened D-plates and carbon shaft assembly for super smooth diff action.
- Rear axle mounts: The lightweight graphite rear axle is mounted on bearings that sit within eccentric composite inserts that allows the user to quickly and easily change the rear ride height of the car simply by changing between inserts. The kit comes supplied with all 9 inserts which range between 0 and 4mm, each differing by 0.5mm and all are reversible for an even wider range of adjustment.
- Battery mounts: On the S100 WGT Link, the Lipo's can be mounted in 3 different positions by simply changing the composite battery mounting position, perfect for adjusting the cars weight distribution. The S100-LTR can be fitted with a short or long battery.
- Bumper: The S100-LTR features a low carbon fiber bumperplate, with on top of that a strong and durable shaped front bumper.
- Body post: For securely mounting the body shell to your S100 Link, the car has strong plastic body posts front and rear. All 4 posts are supplied with orange anodised adjustable collars to precisely adjust the body's height and the posts are supplied extra long to allow the user to cut them to their own preferred length. The front body posts have also been designed to help protect the front of the carbon chassis from splitting in the event of a heavy front impact.
- Side-springs: In the S100 LTR you can mount the springs in the original outer positon, or in the updated more inside position.
- Tube system: The S100-LTR uses the same tube-system as on the S120-LTR. Precision machined aluminum coated tubes connected with small ball-links. This system plays a big part in how the car turns into a corner which can be adjusted through the use of different oils.
- Central section: The central section is a combination of elements to control the movements of the rear end perfectly. A central main shock, based on the famous Serpent RCC technology; 2 spring loaded shaped side bars; and the tube system. These elements interact to create the best possible handling (roll, bump and alignment) under all grip-conditions. The innovative pivot-system which connects the rear pod with the main chassis allows for full free movement of the 2 main parts, thus avoiding any binding, enabling the side-links to work optimally. With small shims the ride-height can be easily changed.
- Servo saver: The S100 WGT comes supplied with a high quality miniature servo saver, which through the use of orange anodised shims, has adjustable Ackermann. The kit includes 3 aluminum servo posts to select from, which enable perfectly centered mounting of any popular brand servo.
- Pivot steering system / servo mounting: In the kit you will find 2 steering system options: The ballraced pivot link system with the servo on its side in longitudinal direction, mounted with 2 small and light servo brackets and second, the standard aluminum servo post with micro servo saver. The aluminum servo posts have eccentric holes, so any brand servo can be centered properly.
- Steering blocks: The steering blocks feature an adjustable king pin inclination with easily changed inserts, which are all 4 included.
- Upper front arm: Updated stiff composite front upper arms with pivotball and threaded rod fixture.
- Front end: The front end of the car features 11 different adjustments to help you get the most from your car, all of which are easy to adjust and measure. Fixed lower suspension arms are themselves damped by the central strut which uses rubber o-rings to take up the flex in this area, while the grey anodized aluminum front upper wishbone mounts are available in different caster angles, the car being supplied with 6 degree version as standard. With the steering block king pins spring loaded, the cornering forces are channelled through the upper wishbone, which enable the car to corner at high speeds.
- Chassis: The 1/10 scale S100 LTR pancar chassis uses an updated design 2.5mm thick carbon fiber chassis plate, a small and light top-deck, battery holder, the rear podplate and x-shape rear carbon bracket.
- Packaging & Manual: The S100 LTR is sold in a very compact black box. To allow you to build your car with the greatest of ease, Serpent offfers a full colour online PDF instruction manual and integrated reference guide section that contains all the exploded views and latest options. The S100 link also comes supplied with a pair of Serpent decal sheets in black and white.
Class: 1/10th scale World GT
Purpose: Competition pan car
Chassis: 2.5mm carbon fiber, Lipo prepared, CNC machined
Rear axle: Aluminum shaft with ball differential
Drive system: 2wd direct drive to rear axle
Shocks: Central oil filled shock absorber and tubes
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Surface Radio System
- Steering Servo
- Electronic Speed Control & 540 Motor
- 2S LiPo Battery Pack
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Body & Polycarbonate Paint
- Tires & Wheels
This product was added to our catalog on February 5, 2016.