Rustler VXL Brushless 1/10 RTR Stadium Truck (Black) by Traxxas w/TQi Radio, TSM, Battery & Charger
This is the Black color schemed Traxxas Rustler VXL Brushless 1/10 Ready to Run Stadium Truck, with an included TQi radio system, TSM stability system, Traxxas iD connector equipped battery and 4AMP DC Battery Charger.
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
Rustler VXL combines Traxxas Stability Management and Velineon extreme brushless horsepower with the proven fun and durability that have made Rustler the number-1 selling electric stadium racer. The new Velineon Brushless Power System launches Rustler VXL to new heights with speed potential that reaches beyond 70mph! While Traxxas Stability Management keeps you in total control. Hardcore, wheel-standing acceleration completely blows everything else away. Out of the box, Velineon is optimized to actually deliver the tire-melting horsepower, benchmark speed, and precision throttle response you expect from brushless. Best of all, it's brushless done the Traxxas way: wicked fast and easy to use. There's no tricky programming to figure out or a glossary of new vocabulary to learn. Just plug it in and it works.
TSM helps provide straight ahead full-throttle acceleration on slippery surfaces, without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. High speed cornering and control is also made possible as TSM makes corrections in the background for you, without intruding on your fun, or creating unexpected side effects. Everything is waterproof and Traxxas-tough as you’d expect. This is performance on a whole new level!
The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race® Radio System
Rustler VXL is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology—but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi's most important feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with an Traxxas Link Wireless Module (TRA6511, sold separately) that turns your Android, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model. The Traxxas Link Application is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Traxxas 4amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
Rustler VXL includes a 4amp peak detecting charger for quick, convenient, hassle-free charging. The charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for charging charging in the field. The brilliant LED provides charging status while the battery charges. The peak-detecting charger is optimized for charging Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery packs. Just plug the included Power Cell battery in for a perfect charge, run after run.
Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery with iD™
Rustler VXL includes a genuine iD-equipped Power Cell NiMH battery to make sure you experience all the performance that's been engineered into your Traxxas model. Accessory Traxxas iD chargers (sold separately) auto-detect Traxxas iD Power Cell batteries and automatically set and optimize charge settings for unmatched charging safety and simplicity. Power Cell packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas' high-output, gold plated, patented, High-Current Connectors. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the Traxxas Power Cell package. For even greater speed and runtime, a full line of optional Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH and LiPo batteries are available. Power Cell batteries are Traxxas certified to maximize the performance and speed engineered into every Traxxas vehicle.
Proven, Class-Leading, Velineon Brushless Power
The Velineon Brushless Power system takes the guesswork out of enjoying the benefits of world-class brushless power. The system components work together as an optimized package, engineered from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Rustler VXL, Your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer packs (3S LiPo packs). These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 70mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control conveniently helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
The Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor is precision-matched for use in the 1/10th scale Rustler, delivering the perfect balance of brutal horsepower and efficiency. The sensorless design works with the sophisticated circuitry in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control for smooth starts and precise control, without the need for additional sensors and wiring. Since there are no brushes or commutator to cause friction and wear, Velineon brushless power is always fast, run after run.
Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
The Velineon VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy operation that gives you all the control you need for maximum fun. Quickly choose from 3 drive profiles in exactly the same manner as other Traxxas electronic speed controls (such as the XL-5). Profiles include: Sport, Race, and Training Mode (patented). Training Mode limits full-throttle power to 50% allowing young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unleashing the full-throttle capability of the Velineon system. Rustler VXL's performance can be tailored for drivers of any age and experience. High-frequency transistors and advanced circuit design deliver incredibly smooth and refined throttle control. High-current capacity (320 amps peak) and two-stage thermal protection frees you from motor limits.
- Traxxas Stability Management
- 4amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
- Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iDTM
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Rustler VXL reaches speeds in excess of 70mph! (With optional gearing and 3S LiPo battery)
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow.
- Maxx® Cable 12-gauge wire
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Link Wireless Module (TRA6511) to access full Traxxas Link app functionality
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (TRA6518) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Digital high-torque Traxxas 2075 waterproof steering servo
- Durable steel Jato®-Style turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Efficient Magnum 272™ steel-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Revo®-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable composite planetary gear differential
- Updated heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Easy access battery compartment
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a responsive spring rate
- Alias™ step-pin rear tires and Alias ribbed front tires offer superior off-road traction.
- Rustler's tires include performance foam inserts and they come pre-glued on mirror-chrome 2.8" All-Star™ wheels.
- Wing is securely attached to the body with precision hex hardware.
- Rustler is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability.
Length: 17.5" (445mm)
Front Track: 12.25" (311mm)
Rear Track: 12.25" (311mm)
Weight: 59.6oz (1.69 kg)
Height (overall): 7" (178mm)
Wheelbase: 11.375" (289mm)
Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 9.05)
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Top-Speed: 35+mph stock. 70+mph With optional gearing and 3S LiPo battery (items sold separately)
Skill Level: 1
Battery Tray Dimensions: 139x47.5x28mm (Battery expansion kit available - TRA3725X)
- Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race® Rustler VXL with Traxxas Stability Management™
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system
- Velineon® Brushless Power System
- 4amp Fast Charger
- NiMH iD Power Cell 7-Cell Hump, Sub-C, 3000mAh Battery (TRA2926X)
- ProGraphix® painted body
Needed to Complete:
- 4 "AA" Batteries (transmitter)
This product was added to our catalog on September 20, 2016.