RR10 Bomber RTR Rock Racer by Axial w/2.4GHz Radio
This product was added to our catalog on December 8, 2015.The Axial RR10 Bomber Rock Racer takes advantage of years of experience, enthusiast requests and mountains of inspiration to create the next big thing for rock racers. Visually the RR10 looks like a hybrid of the Wraith and Yeti trucks, but this rig is more than just a plastic tube chassis Wraith update. The RR10 Bomber is a race replica of the full scale Bomber Fabrication rock buggy that dominated King of the Hammers in 2013 and 2015; and adds one more choice to Axial's line of 2.2 rock racing vehicles.
One of the most important, yet unseen features is the front mounted battery tray. This update is the first mod most Wraith owners perform, placing the battery in the front, under the hood - making for easy access with the weight up front for improved performance. This also makes swapping the battery an easy task, and is especially useful for enthusiasts participating in the ultra endurance series at Axialfest! The skid plate provides a centralized location for the electronics with clean wire routing and an RR10 specific transfer case for optimal driveline efficiency. A full set of BFGoodrich BAJA T/A KR2 tires have been included along with a spare in the back, wrapped around officially licensed Walker Evans Racing wheels.
Axial provided a variety of shock mounting points for added suspension tuning options and allowing the use of a dual shock setup. For additional rear suspension tuning, a sway bar mount connected to the cage, under the scale fuel cell (sway bar sold separately). Officially licensed aluminum King Shocks look the part, while machined pistons provide smooth movement throughout the range of travel. Standard features include durable front and rear WB8 HD Wildboar driveshafts, front and rear AR60 axles, a dual slipper clutch, Hi-Lo transmission with all metal internal gears and a 3-channel radio system. This awesome rig is finished off with realistic scale details that include molded shock reservoirs, a fuel cell, a licensed Bomber Fabrication scale tube chassis, Bomber Fabrication body panels and replica graphics, molded driver figures and three pairs of helmets.
In-Depth RR10 Bomber Features:
- BFGOODRICH BAJA T/A KR2 TIRES - S30 COMPOUND: BFGoodrich® tires have proven to be the ‘go-to’ tire for numerous racing victories. Axial’s version of this tire captures the same aggressive look and provides remarkable performance on a wide variety of surfaces. This is the perfect tire for this style of vehicle due to its high level of performance and diversity.
- KING ADJUSTABLE ALUMINUM SHOCKS: The included aluminum King Shocks feature precision machined pistons which offer smooth performance throughout the range of travel. Made to tight tolerances, these aluminum shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies and are threaded for quick ride height adjustments and pre-load tuning ability. The rear shocks are mounted on the links rather than at the axle, allowing for more suspension travel which is better for high speed handling.
- FORWARD MOUNTED EASY ACCESS BATTERY TRAY: Remove two body clips to release the front hood for access to the adjustable battery compartment. The compartment features ample room for securing 2S/3S LiPo batteries.
- EASY ACCESS TO ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS: All electronics are routed and part of skid plate assembly. Simply drop the skid plate and remove the shocks at the chassis to gain access to the electronic components.
- DUAL SHEAR SHOCK MOUNTS: All shock-mounting locations are dual shear with optional secondary shock mounts allowing for dual shock setups.
- MULTIPLE SHOCK/LINK POINTS AND SWAY BAR MOUNT: A variety of shock mounting points have been added for running dual shock setups and for additional suspension tuning options. On the skid plate you'll find two front upper link mount positions and three rear upper link mount positions. For additional rear suspension tuning, you'll find a sway bar mount connected to the cage, under the fuel cell. Optional sway bar sold separately (AXI31331).
- SCALE DETAILS: Realistic scale details include: polycarbonate interior tray with molded driver figures and dashboard, three pairs of black styrene helmets (motorsport, open skull-face and motocross), scale molded shock reservoirs, fuel cell, and RR10 – licensed Bomber Fabrication scale tube chassis.
- FULL TUBE FRAME COMPOSITE CHASSIS: The most realistic high strength composite tube frame chassis. This high strength composite plastic is impact resistant to help protect the RR10 from crash damage.
- OPTIMIZED DRIVELINE EFFICIENCY: The YETI style transmission with RR10 specific transfer case bolts directly onto the skid plate allowing for proper driveshaft alignment required with AR60 axles.
RR10 Bomber Features:
- Compatible with optional 2-speed transmission (AXI31181)
- AR60 OCP-Axle
- Rear output differential cover
- WB8 HD Wildboar Driveshafts, front & rear
- Stronger steering knuckles
- 2.2 Walker Evans Racing Wheels
- Spare tire & mount
- Waterproof receiver box
- Tactic 3-channel 2.4GHz receiver
- 35 turn water resistant brushed motor
- Tactic TTX300 3-channel SLT Radio
- Waterproof AE-5 ESC compatible with 2S & 3S LiPo
- Metal gear water resistant Tactic servo with 151 oz of torque
Length: 22.4" (570mm)
Width: 11" (280mm)
Height: 9" (230mm)
Wheelbase: 14.75" (375mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.8" (72mm)
Weight: 6.25lbs (2.83kg)
Needed To Complete:
- Battery Pack w/T-Style connector (2S or 3S LiPo, or 6-Cell NiMH)
- Compatible Battery Charger
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
With this motor its got good speed and can be slowed for some crawling... not why I wanted it... I wanted a basher that could really do it all. Flies straight and level!
Recommended, new shocks..the stock leaked from the shaft.. all four... sway bar for back end to reduce the torque roll.
ran 45 min on 3300kv teken 5mm redline 4x4, mambamax, 5200ma 35c 2s lipo... crawling broken concrete- darting between bushes and jumping 5 tall dirt piles...)