RR10 Bomber Rock Racer Kit by Axial Racing
This product was added to our catalog on June 23, 2016.
The Axial RR10 Bomber kit was developed for trail nuts that want to build a custom kit with their own electronics in a quest to build the ultimate rock racer! Building off of the ready-to-run model, the kit version includes a wide variety of desirable option parts for increased performance and durability. Hard anodized aluminum suspension links, hard anodized aluminum steering links, long travel rear sway bar, hardened steel universal axles allowing up to 50 degrees of steering, aluminum lower link plates, and King adjustable machined aluminum shocks are just some of the options included in this kit. Sticky R35 compound BFGoodrich Baja T/A® KR2 tires wrapped around 2.2 Walker Evans Racing beadlock wheels provide a sure footed grip when things get sketchy. Plus, Axial has included heavy duty 38/13T bevel gears for the front and rear axles to provide improved gear mesh, and increased strength.
- FULL TUBE FRAME COMPOSITE CHASSIS: The most realistic high strength composite tube frame chassis. This high strength composite plastic is impact resistant to help protect the RR10 from crash damage.
- SPARE TIRE & MOUNT: Bolted onto the back is an included BFGoodrich® BAJA T/A® KR2 and Walker Evans 2.2 wheel/tire combo with a quick release spinner for mounting.
- FORWARD MOUNTED EASY ACCESS BATTERY TRAY: Remove two body clips to release the front hood for access to the adjustable battery compartment. The compartment features ample room for securing 2S/3S LiPo batteries.
- HARD ANODIZED MACHINED ALUMINUM STEERING LINKS: Machined aluminum steering links give you more precise steering feel and response to help keep your rig pointed in the right direction. They’re hard anodized and use larger and stronger M4 hardware for durability.
- HARD ANODIZED MACHINED ALUMINUM THREADED LINKS: The upper and lower suspension links are machined from aluminum to reduce flex and provide precise control over the roughest terrain. The tubes are threaded at both ends for easy assembly and they use larger and stronger M4 hardware.
- ALUMINUM LOWER LINK PLATES: Includes hard anodized 2mm aluminum lower link plates for added durability and stiffness of the rear 4 link suspension.
- KING ADJUSTABLE MACHINED ALUMINUM SHOCKS: The included aluminum King Shocks feature precision machined pistons which offer smooth performance throughout the range of travel. Made to tight tolerances, these aluminum shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies, machined aluminum caps and aluminum preload spacers for precision shock adjustments. The rear shocks are mounted on the links rather than at the axle, allowing for more suspension travel which is better for high speed handling.
- MULTIPLE SHOCK/LINK POINTS & DUAL SHEAR SHOCK MOUNTS: Includes a variety of shock mounting points for running dual shock setups and for additional suspension tuning options. On the skid plate you'll find two front upper link mount positions and three rear upper link mount positions. All shock-mounting locations are dual shear with optional secondary shock mounts allowing for dual shock setups.
- EASY ACCESS TO ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS: All electronics are routed and part of skid plate assembly. Simply drop the skid plate and remove the shocks at the chassis to gain access to the electronic components.
- LONG TRAVEL REAR SWAY BAR: The pursuit of horsepower and the ability to put the power to the ground is one of the main aspects of offroad racing. This unique torsion bar design with long pivot arms used in conjunction with the long travel suspension is designed to help control the torque twist associated with massive power. This system also helps reduce body roll and adds stability at high speeds.
- STRONGER STEERING KNUCKLES: Featuring a design specifically for the AR60 front axle, Axial has updated the old knuckles by removing the steering arms and made them stronger by adding more material and gave them an updated, more refined look.
- WB8 HD WILDBOAR DRIVESHAFTS, FRONT & REAR: The WB8 HD driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube.
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes.
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint.
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability and easy maintenance.
- AR60 OCP-AXLE: The AR60 OCP-Axle™ is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The combination of these axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle.
- Off-center pumpkin design
- Axle tubes are reinforced with a boxed-in axle truss
- High strength composite material
- Updated steering knuckles for dual shear, also eliminates secondary bolt on plate
- Updated differential cover and servo mount for a more scale look
- UNIVERSAL AXLES: Universal joint axles increase steering angle to 50 degrees, that's 60% over the stock dogbone/drive cup setup. Axial universals provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain. The universal is oversized; a design you'd see on 1/8 scale vehicles and it's made of hardened steel so it's capable of handling extreme power.
- AR60 OCP universal axle set
- Up to 50 degrees of steering
- Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
- Oversized design for durability
- Hardened steel construction
- HI-LO TRANSMISSION & DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH: With all metal internal gears, this full ball bearing transmission has the strength to endure the harshest rock racing environment. The factory gearbox comes as a single speed with the high gear installed for high speed fun. The integrated motor mount features a wide range of movement for endless gearing options. Axial's dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- NOTE: optional two-speed transmission component sold separately (AXI31181).
- HEAVY DUTY BEVEL GEAR SET - 38T/13T (FRONT AND REAR): The included heavy duty bevel gear sets offer you improved gear mesh reducing slop in the drive train. In addition, they help add weight down low which helps lower the center of gravity and on the rocks where you want it. Made from high grade steel and hardened for increased strength.
- OPTIMIZED DRIVELINE EFFICIENCY: The YETI style transmission with RR10 specific transfer case bolts directly onto the skid plate allowing for proper driveshaft alignment required with AR60 axles.
- 2.2 WALKER EVANS RACING BEADLOCK WHEELS: Officially licensed Walker Evans Racing beadlock wheels dressed in an aggressive all black style and they work with most 2.2 tires. The IFD™ (Interchangeable Face Design) wheel system makes it easy to dress it up with a new look. The wheel design allows you to vary the amount of air passing through the breather holes. You can select between having one, two or three open holes (two, four or six total) by rotating the inner (beadlock) ring. The position is locked with reassembly.
- Three piece beadlock design
- Utilizes new 2x11mm pins for added strength
- Updated plastic hub adapter to eliminate slop and capture the new 2x11mm pin
- Adjustable breather holes for fine tuning tire performance
- Compatible with most 2.2 tires
- Easy six screw disassembly
- BFGOODRICH BAJA T/A® KR2 TIRES - R35 COMPOUND: In the full-size world of off-road racing, BFGoodrich® tires have proven to be the ‘go-to’ tire for numerous racing victories, including Randy Slawson piloting them to victory at the 2013 and 2015 King of the Hammers. Axial’s version of this tire captures the same aggressive look and provides remarkable performance on a wide variety of surfaces. This is the perfect tire for this style of vehicle due to its high level of performance and diversity.
Length: 22.4" (570mm)
Width: 11" (280mm)
Height: 9" (230mm)
Wheelbase: 14.75" (375mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.8" (72mm)
Weight: 6.25lbs (2.83kg)
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Radio System (minimum)
- AA Batteries
- Polycarbonate Paint
- Tools for Assembly