This is the Reedy Blackbox 610R 2S Competition ESC with PROgrammer2. Building off of the innovative features used with the Reedy Blackbox 510R ESC the 610R gives users even more performance and adjustability. Using updated 32-bit hardware this gives the user crisp and instant throttle response along with incredible brake feel. Adding to this are additional tuning options allowing the ability to further fine tune your driving experience. With the ability to handle both stock and modified 1/10 applications the Blackbox 610R is suitable for a wide range of racing applications and is the choice of champions!
With the optional Blackbox PROgrammer2 included in this combo, the full potential of the 610R can be exploited. In addition to working as a programmer, it also operates as a battery monitor and USB firmware update device. The 610R ESC includes two modes that can be modified and saved independently from one another. Standard mode offers a wide variety of tuning options while Expert mode takes it one step further and opens additional options for more experienced racers and/or racing classes that can take advantage of these advanced settings.
The following functions can be modified and saved using the Blackbox PROgrammer2:
- Brake: Overall brake strength, frequency, drag brake, initial brake, and punch can be fine-tuned to perfect brake performance and feel in different vehicles and track conditions. Dynamic Drag Brake settings function allows users to add additional drag brake when conditions make it advantageous.
- Throttle: Drive frequency, punch, initial throttle, current limit, and dead band adjustability make the perfect setup possible regardless of the type of motor chosen and the type of vehicle being raced.
- Motor Power: Advanced acceleration boost and top speed timing settings are particularly useful on large tracks in applications such as 1:10 Touring Car and spec classes where ESC timing is permitted. Each setting can be used individually or together to achieve maximum power and speed. When in Standard tuning mode, timing adjustments are simplified for newer users or in applications such as 1:10 off-road where advanced settings are not required.
- Miscellaneous Control: With the PROgrammer2, select between Forward/Brake or Forward/Brake/Reverse mode and adjust the BEC output voltage depending on the type of servo used and desired servo speed. Adjust the desired low voltage cutoff or disable it completely. The temperature at which the ESC cuts motor power due to overheating can also be adjusted or disabled. Reversing the rotation of the motor is also possible.
NOTE: To program the Blackbox 610R, the ASC27027 Programmer with firmware version EE460139 must be used. This version is already installed when purchasing the ASC27017 610R/Programmer combo.
- CNC-machined black aluminum case with integrated heat sink
- Fully adjustable brake, throttle, power, and safety functions (with Blackbox PROgrammer2: ASC27027)
- Blinky mode with ROAR approved software
- Precision throttle and brake control
- Ultra-low resistance FET board
- On-board power button
- 32-bit microcontroller unit (MCU)
- Solder tabs with 13-gauge power wires
- Pro external capacitor board
- RPM and ESC temp data logging (with Blackbox PROgrammer2: ASC27027)
- Firmware updateable (with Blackbox PROgrammer2: ASC27027)
Voltage Input: 2S LiPo
Suggested Applications: 1:10 off-road, 1:10 on-road
Resistance (ohms): 0.00043
Continuous Current (A): 160
Dimensions (mm): 38.5x36.9x19.5
Motor Limit: 4.5T
Weight w/o wires & fan (g): 45
BEC (Adjustable): 6.0-7.4V/5A
Power Wires: 13-gauge silicone
This product was added to our catalog on September 27, 2022