This is the REDS 721 Superveloce Pro Silver Edition Pro .21 Off-Road Nitro Engine. Forged in the fire of competition the 721 Superveloce Pro Silver Edition is a limited edition with only 300 being produced! This is the same version engine used by REDS 2022 IFMAR Worlds team producing incredible usable power throughout the RPM range and superb fuel mileage.
Designed with a 7-Port sleeve this engine produces exceptional power and is a true advantage on larger tracks where extra horsepower can be exploited. Using an "AirBoost" backplate in conjunction with some extra tuning by Mario Rossi this engine delivers smooth linear power while still producing high overall horsepower. Using high quality components and an obsessive attention to detail it is easy to see why REDS engines are among the most desirable on the market.
NOTE: The break-in needs to be concluded on the racetrack (see instructions below).
- Extra Tuned Sleeve and Crankshaft by Mario Rossi: This special modification to the sleeve and crankshaft by Mario Rossi increases engine power noticeably and guarantees good fuel mileage at the same time.
- Airboost Backplate has been designed for increased Mid to High RPM Power, increased fuel efficiency and faster return to idle.
- Silver Special Edition cooling head with only 300 being produced
- Updated 3-needle carburetor for ease of tuning and running
- INCLUDES 2113 X-ONE TUNED PIPE: The X-ONE Mid-Range tuned pipe is an innovative all-in-one pipe-manifold system. The pipe has been welded to the manifold to improve performance and fuel consumption. With X-ONE configuration there is no need for springs or gaskets, and the one piece design creates increased reliability and improved tuning stability.
POST OIL BATH BREAK-IN INSTRUCTIONS
After the Reds Racing Break-In service has been completed there are a few steps that you will need to do to ensure a long and healthy life of your engine. These post lapping instructions have been tuned to give your REDS engine maximum life and performance.
- STEP 1 - FIRST START
- Heat the engine up to 80° (180 F) to 90° (200 F) using an engine heater or heat gun.
- Start the engine. The carburetor comes already adjusted, but you might need to make slight adjustments depending on your fuel, car, weather, and height, but overall the setting will be very similar.
- Use a 12% break in fuel or add 2% Castor oil (alternatively a castor based blend) to normal racing fuel. Let the engine idle and heat saturate for the first tank (tank 1).
- During this time you can fine-tune the idle adjustment and slowly apply the throttle to burn out any excess assembly oil.
- STEP 2 - FINAL BREAK IN
- Start running the car on the track or in a parking lot. The engine should be crisp on bottom to mid, but still slightly rich on top. At the completion of tank 2, let the engine cool down with the piston at bottom dead center.
- Tank 3 and 4, preheat the engine and continue running on the track for 2 tanks. You can lean out the high speed needle staying on the rich side. Stop the engine and make sure the piston is at the bottom dead center.
- Tank 5 and 6, preheat the engine and continue running on the track. At this point you should be pretty close to race tune with the high speed needle slightly rich to provide proper lubrication. The engine will continue to improve and gain run-time over the next 1 gallon (4 liters), but you should be ready to go racing.
Category: 1/8 Buggy and Truggy
Intake ports: 7
Exhaust ports: 1
Front ball bearing: 7x19x6mm rubber seal made in Japan
Rear ball bearing: 14x25.4x6mm Swiss made ceramic
Carburetor Venturi: 7.0 (6.0, 6.5, 7.5, 8.0 optional)
Carburetor: VCX3-A 3-Needle
Fuel consumption [min] >: 9:00
Engine temperature [°C]: 110-130
Recommended Glow plug: REDS TS3
Recommended pipe: REDS X-ONE 2113 (Included)
Recommended fuel: 25-30% nitro, 8-10% oil
Break-in fuel: 12% oil
This product was added to our catalog on October 11, 2022