The Redcat Wendigo 1/10 RTR 4WD Brushless Solid Axle Rock Racer is designed to look and handle like a full-scale rock racer. The Wendigo utilizes solid axles both front and rear, a steel frame chassis and oversized suspension components to create a purpose built true-to-scale rig!
Rock racing is similar to rock crawling, but with a wider range of obstacles and the drivers compete for the fastest time. Because rock racing demands so much from a vehicle, these trucks must be both capable and durable. Rock racers are faster than typical rock crawlers, which is why the Wendigo is fitted with a Hobbywing 60A brushless ESC and A 3300KV 540 size brushless motor. The Wendigo is capable of running 2S or 3S LIPO power.
The Wendigo features a front mounted motor, centrally mounted divorced transfer case and strategically placed battery tray. This setup offers excellent weight distribution which causes the Wendigo to behave predictably when climbing over obstacles. Proper balance is also important when putting on your race hat. The Wendigo is able to blast around high speed tracks and obstacles with a finesse not commonly found in solid axle RTR vehicles.
The Wendigo features 1.5mm steel ladder-type frame rails which provide a sturdy backbone for this vehicle. The wheelbase is adjustable from 334.7mm to 358.7mm, with 346.7mm being the stock configuration. The Wendigo’s gear boxes feature Mod1 gears and ball bearings. The heavy duty telescoping driveshafts provide reliable power delivery to the front and rear trussed axle housings. These axle housings feature diamond shaped pumpkins and upper trusses for rigidity. A metal spool ensures equal power transfer to both the left and right heavy duty straight axles, while a one piece pinion gear provides additional strength to the drivetrain.
The Wendigo’s aluminum body oil filled shocks have a threaded collar for quick adjustments to the vehicle's ride height. Each shock tower offers nine upper shock mounting positions for further suspension tuning. Heavy duty 5mm steel suspension links are used in the Wendigo’s front and rear suspension. An adjustable rear sway bar helps to minimize torque twist and adds stability during high speed cornering.
A rock racer wouldn’t be complete without high quality off road tires and wheels. The Wendigo sits on licensed Interco Super Swamper 2.2” tires which are mounted to licensed Raceline Avenger wheels. The Super Swampers scooped tread lugs provide excellent forward grip on dirt, grass, pavement, rocks, mud and snow. The aggressive tread design and lug spacing release dirt and debris, keeping the tire clean for the next obstacle. Side lugs allow the Wendigo to achieve grip while squeezing between two large rocks, through washouts and other canyon-like obstacles.
High performance tires deserve a high performance wheel. The Raceline Avenger wheels are precision made with the right amount of offset and superior durability.
Many scale details and accessories come standard with the Redcat Wendigo to ensure users get the very best visual experience from their vehicle. This Rock Racer features a realistic racing body with narrowed rear quarters and a full roll cage. Additional scale details include a driver and co-pilot with adjustable helmet visors, a realistic navigation screen, rear fuel cell and a radiator with twin cooling fans.
- Licensed Interco Super Swamper 2.2” tires mounted to licensed Raceline Avenger wheels.
- Aluminum body & cap, oil filled threaded shocks for quick adjustments to the vehicle's ride height. Each shock tower offers nine upper shock mounting positions for further suspension tuning.
- Front mounted motor, centrally mounted divorced transfer case and strategically placed battery tray. This setup offers excellent weight distribution which causes the Wendigo to behave predictably when climbing over obstacles.
- Diamond shaped axles with integrated truss and double sheer mounting points. Designed in the USA these durable axles include CNC machined spools and are ready to take a beating.
- Up to 47 degrees of steering.
- 1.5mm steel ladder-type frame rails which provide a sturdy backbone for this vehicle. The wheelbase is adjustable from 334.7mm to 358.7mm, with 346.7mm being the stock configuration.
- Full roll cage, True to scale Rock Racer chassis, Realistic cock pit, Independent front & rear suspension, Solid front & rear axle, Threaded oil filled aluminum shocks & Ball bearings throughout.
- Rear sway bar, Super fast, Great handling, Realistic looking rock racer tires, Unique high performance chassis design.
- Includes Hobbywing 3300KV RC540 Brushless Motor, Waterproof 60A ESC (2s-3s LIPO ready), Waterproof high torque 25KG metal gear steering servo and 2.4GHz radio system.
- Assembled & Ready to Run - Requires 6-cell NiMH battery or recommended 2S or 3S LIPO battery & Charger - Requires AA Batteries for Transmitter.
Needed to Complete:
- 6-cell NiMH battery or 2S/3S LIPO battery w/T-style connector & Charger
- (4) AA Batteries for Transmitter
This product was added to our catalog on July 27, 2020