Rebar SC Pre-Mounted Tires (SC5M) (2) (Black) (Black) (Soft) by AKA w/12mm Hex
This product was added to our catalog on December 2, 2011.
This is a pair of two pre-mounted AKA Rebar Short Course Tires. These tires are intended for use with the Team Associated SC10 4x4 1/10 scale short course truck. Mark Pavidis and Jared Tebo have collaborated to come up with the latest 1/10 Short Course tire called the REBAR. The REBAR is designed for indoor tracks and hard packed, blue grooved outdoor tracks. The REBAR features double side rails on the edges of the tire provide extra sidewall support. This extra support is key to making the tire feel consistent in the turns which enables you to have the confidence push even harder. The wide staggered center lugs give the REBAR great forward traction to hook up the power and launch your vehicle off the corner and over the jumps.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it''s a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.