With more than 160 different aircraft to fly — including airplanes, helicopters, drones and more — at over 40 different flying sites, plus the ability to edit aircraft and sites, there's an almost infinite number of flying options available. Add in game-like challenges that make flight training fun, multiplayer options so you can fly and compete with other pilots online, compatibility with VR headsets, and many, many more features, and you have everything you need to succeed at the field — because you can "fly" on a PC at home, or on a laptop just about anywhere else!
- HobbyZone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m with SAFE Plus Technology
- E-flite Viper 70mm EDF with AS3X and SAFE Select Technology
- E-flite Havoc Xe 80mm EDF with AS3X and SAFE Select Technology
- E-flite Timber X 1.2m with AS3X and SAFE Select Technology
- E-flite Extra 300 3D 1.3m with AS3X and SAFE Select Technology
- E-flite Apprentice STS 1.5m with SAFE Technology
- E-flite EC-1500 Twin 1.5m with AS3X and SAFE Select Technology
- E-flite Delta Ray One with SAFE Technology
- Hangar 9 CubCrafters XCub 60cc
- Hangar 9 P-51D Mustang 20cc
- Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc
- Blade 230 S V2 Helicopter with SAFE® Technology
- Industry-leading True-To-Life™ physics that make every flight more lifelike than any other sim
- A simple and intuitive interface for zero learning curve, zero hassle, and more fun
- More than 160 aircraft including airplanes, helicopters, drones, and more
- Over 40 different flying sites including 3D fields and PhotoFields
- FlexiField™ Site Editor so you can make fields your own
- The ability to edit aircraft and to import custom aircraft
- Game-like challenges that make flight training fun and interactive
- Multiplayer options so you can fly or compete with other pilots online
- Compatible with VR headsets, including the Oculus™ Rift and HTC® Vive™ VR headsets (sold separately)
- Works with Spektrum wireless simulator dongles for use with compatible DSM2/DSMX equipped transmitters (sold separately)
- More than a dozen Horizon Hobby aircraft!
- Updated Virtual Flight Instructor lessons for new pilots learning to fly
- Spektrum™ InterLink® DX controller (with controller version only)
- Fly at the PhotoField™ – the iconic Eli Field
- Modeled after Spektrum transmitters including all standard switch locations and functions so it works just like your favorite radio
- Patent-pending gimbal design with spring configuration switch for easy Mode 1, 2, 3 or 4 selection and operation
- Exclusive Reset/Rewind button for replaying your best maneuvers or resetting after crashes
- Easy and convenient control of most simulator functions right from the controller
- Built-in sliders help drone pilots zero their cameras in for the best shots
- 15-channel capability for effortless control of all available functions
- Prevents wear and tear on your field transmitter
- Optional adapter cord/cable set available separately (RFL1015) to use other popular transmitters equipped with a compatible trainer port through the InterLink DX
- Windows® 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10**
- Intel® Pentium® 1.0GHz or equivalent
- 512 MB RAM
- 10 GB Hard Drive Space
- DVD Drive
- 3D Accelerated Video with:
- 32 MB Dedicated Video Memory
- Fully DirectX® 9 compliant (Shader Model 2.0 or better)
- InterLink DX, RealFlight compatible controller, or other Gamepad/Joystick
- Internet connectivity required to download additional content and updates
- Dual Core 2.4GHz CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 3D Accelerated Video with: 512 MB dedicated video memory
- Broadband Internet connection
- Computer microphone for voice chat
- USB Port
- Compatible FM or FM-selectable transmitter (if using the interface mode)
- Compatible with some VR sets (available separately). Check manufacturer's requirements for VR system use.
- Works with both the Oculus Rift and HTC® Vive™ VR headsets
- Online Activation Required
- (2) RealFlight 9 DVDs*
- (1) Realflight Installation Guide
- (1) Spektrum™ InterLink® DX Simulator Controll
- Compatible PC desktop/laptop
- Internet connection for activation and updates
I was installing RealFlight 9 on an older Mac desktop with a Windows emulator. First disk loaded and the RealFlight 9 logo appeared but when loading second disk, computer would not install and numerous error messages popped up. After trying several times to reload, I concluded I needed a new computer. With one contact with RealFlight 9 support, I found that if your computer runs
RealFlight 8, it will run RealFlight 9. As I had and could run RealFlight 8, I thought I should be able to run RealFlight 9. To make the story short, after several emails, and since I had already purchased RealFlight 9, RealFlight support sent me a link to download the software. Took a while to download but it did and it installed and it works. So, if you purchase RealFlight 9 and can not load the discs, contact RealFlight support and they can send you the link to download the software and you can be up and running. As I have only been on a couple of times I do not notice too much difference from
RealFlight 8 except the new controller has some nice features and it is way easier to join multiplayer play.
One thing I am disappointed in, and if someone knows where to find them, I cannot seem to find any Flitetest airplanes in the listing, even uploaded all the packs for release 8. Still no joy.
There's just one little thing that needs to be mentioned in the Installation Guide.
Guys like me don't do a lot of installing programs and stuff. With that said, they should mention that you need to turn off any antivirus software or the program won't install.. Guys like me don't remember that li'll tid bit...
Other than that; stay safe everyone....
I have to say it is incredible. Make sure your PC meets the minimum stats though. I purchased an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 4G because my daughter gifted me her Occulus Rift.
Yes, the RealFlight 9 Simulator works on your Desktop or even with an Occulus Rift! The better the video card, the better it will look.
I am doing aerobatics, precision touch and goes, playing with various camera angles, learning how to fly and turn upside down, etc. The FPV (cockpit view) is pretty fun.
After purchasing RealFlight 9, I found out that it will work with your real Transmitter and a USB receiver dongle. Always pays to research things before you purchase. But I am content more than you can imagine. And my wife is practicing with it too. It is just awesome.
I have to say that I will be extremely confident the day I maiden my P47!
Still no MacOS version!
What decade are these "developers" living in?