RC10 SC5M Team 1/10 Electric 2WD Short Course Truck Kit by Team Associated
This product was added to our catalog on August 11, 2015.
This is the Team Associated RC10 SC5M Team 1/10 Electric 2WD Short Course Truck Kit. Based on Team Associatedís race-winning B5M, the SC5M Team Kit represents the next generation of competitive short-course racing. AREA 51 engineers took what they learned during the development of the B5M and T5M, and set out to create a short course truck that takes advantage of the undisputed mid motor superiority.
The SC5M Team Kit features a high-performance, no-compromise mid-motor chassis layout that has been developed specifically for short course racing, and shares nearly 90% of the parts as the B5M and T5M Team Kits. This cross compatibility makes it easier than ever to run multiple classes! From the hard anodized aluminum chassis, to the Factory Team V2 threaded shocks and Factory Team VTS slipper clutch, the SC5M Team Kit includes a plethora of features and hand selected go-fast goodies to deliver the ultimate in short-course supremacy.
NOTE: Painted body, tires and wheels shown in photos are shown for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Advanced B5M mid-motor design developed and applied to a short-course truck platform
- Narrow, hard-anodized aluminum chassis with centralized mass and mid-motor position for improved handling on high-grip offroad tracks
- Chassis fits R.O.A.R.-approved 2S saddle packs and 2S short packs using optional foam insert
- V2 12mm Big Bore threaded aluminum shocks with 3mm shafts and low-friction O-rings
- Updated four-gear transmission with lighter aluminum top shaft, stronger gears, precision ball bearings, and a 14-carbide-ball differential
- Pro-Line SC5M clear body included
- Factory Team aluminum rear ball stud mount included
- Inline front suspension features heavy duty steering and caster blocks, while the insert system allows for easy caster and trailing axle adjustments
- Adjustable front suspension mount angle (kick-up) options of 25 and 30 degrees
- One-piece front axle/hex adapter and large front wheel bearing for added durability
- Full bearing steering system with horizontal ball studs for finer Ackermann adjustments
- Heavy-duty ball cups and ball studs allow for maximum suspension travel while reducing binding and friction
- Rear hubs feature large rear wheel bearings, as well as the quick and easy insert system to adjust camber link position and rear toe-in
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit (Requires Assembly)
Length: 540mm (21.26in)
Wheelbase: 320-324mm (12.6in)
Needed to Complete:
- 1/10 scale 540 size electric motor & ESC
- 7.4V LiPo or 6.6V LiFe battery (saddle pack, shorty pack, or square pack)
- Battery charger (able to charge one of the batteries mentioned above)
- 2-channel surface radio system and its batteries
- Steering servo
- Pinion gear (48 pitch)
- Polycarbonate paint for body
- Short course truck tires, wheels and glue
This is my first SCT, and wish I had built one sooner.)
Three-four weeks in novice only one broken part
TA Stadium kit next)
Nice handling, predictable jumping, very durable.
~500km of runtime(3 racedays + ~5 traning days) - only parts broken - 3 CVA pins, looks like they are quite week and i've put not enought black grease.
Main issue - leaking shocks, they leaks from both bottom and top sides.
Top leaks could be fixed by optional Alu caps or teflon tape(plumber).
Bottom leaks caused by AE O-Rings(not fit properly) and could be fixed by replacing stock O-Rings with optional low friction X-Rings or with changing at least 1 O-Ring per shock to another brand O-Ring.
Holes at proline body are not perfectly marked, suggest to validate before drilling.)