RC Ruckus 1/10 RTR Monster Truck by ECX w/DSMR 2.4GHz Radio & AVC (Yellow/Blue)
This is the ECX Ruckus Ready to Run 1/10 Scale Monster Truck. The ECX Ruckus has earned the respect of bashers worldwide, thanks to its massive size and breakneck durability. And for good reason! The Ruckus is often the last vehicle standing after an epic bashing session. Now, the Ruckus is equipped to take this legendary performance even further than before with upgraded features that make this incredible truck unstoppable.
This version of the Ruckus comes fully-loaded for mayhem with a Dynamite Tazer 4-pole 3300KV 540-size brushless motor as well as an impressive shaft-driven 4WD system. With AVC (Active Vehicle Control) technology onboard and everything you need to get started included, making the most of the power and capabilities of this Ruckus is an easy task.
- AVC® Equipped 2.4GHz waterproof receiver and Spektrum™ DX2E 2.4 GHz transmitter
- Completely ready-to-run with everything needed in one box
- 4WD Drivetrain with sealed gear differentials
- Pre-installed Dynamite® Tazer™ 3300Kv 4-pole 540-size Brushless motor
- Dynamite® 8.4V 3300mAh NiMH battery included
- ESC and battery come pre-wired with high-current EC3™ connectors
- Waterproof Spektrum servo and electronics
- Nylon composite chassis and parts material for extreme durability
- Adjustable oil filled shocks for precision handling in diverse conditions
- All-Terrain aggressive treaded tires
- Fully-painted and decaled body out of the box
- Beginner-friendly battery retaining system
- Real ball bearings facilitate higher speeds and a smoother-handling truck
Type: Monster Truck
Height: 8.2 in (208.3mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.40 in (61mm)
Tire Type: 5.3 in (135mm) Speedtread Shootout MT
Speed Control: Included
Radio: Spektrum DX2E 2-Channel V3
Batteries: 8.4V 3300mAh NiMH
Charger: 200mAh, 9V, US Plug, EC3 connector
Gear Pitch: 1.0 Mod
Shock Type: Coil-Over Oil-Filled
Body: Polycarbonate Silkscreened
Ball Bearings: Full Ball Bearings
Fuel Tank Capacity: N/A
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Experience Level: Beginner
Wheel Size: 2.2 in (56mm)
Motor or Engine: 550, 3300Kv Non-Sensored Brushless
Chassis: Injection Molded Composite Nylon
Weight: 6.45 lbs (2.92kg)
Wheelbase: 13.12 in (333mm)
Width: 13.15 in (334mm)
Length: 20 in (508mm)
Needed To Complete:
- Nothing! Includes everything you need to get running.
This product was added to our catalog on April 16, 2015.
Simply put this truck CAN NOT run on 3s out of the box. It's tempting but don't do it. Well, unless you want to re-do the entire drive train. I put 3s in and within minutes stripped the hex nut in the rear wheel. Fixed that. Then almost immediately the plastic spur gear stripped. Stripped second spur gear and then put in a metal spur gear. Then the front differential(s) started going. One after another and this is a known problem with the Ruckus. Replaced 3 front diff gears and 1 rear diff gears. Then the pins in the drive axle walked. Then the engine started over heating. Then, and this was the swan song, the drive pole that holds the pinion gear to the engine snapped off.
So you ask what was I doing? This is the worst part.... NOTHING. I ONLY ever ran the car on grass that was at most 3" tall in the WINTER and it all this stuff happened. No jumps, no flips, no crashes, nothing but large circles in my backyard. I have no reason to lie.
My advice is to avoid this truck UNLESS you are willing to completely re-build the drive train and run solely Ni-Cad. 2S can work but those too place a lot of stress on the motor and you will be looking at temps up to 190 degrees until it melts down.
This is a toy and not a hobby car. It comes with a toy battery and a toy charger. It's built with toy parts. The only thing that is not "toy" is the price.)