R5T Team Edition 4.0 .21 Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo) by REDS Racing
This item is discontinued and no longer available for purchase. You may want to search our site for a similar item.
This product was added to our catalog on June 1, 2016.The REDS R5T Team Edition v4.0 is the perfect synthesis of innovation and technology. Loaded with features for 2016, the R5T Team represents REDS' latest high performance 21 off-road engine and was developed for high bite and tracks that require increased bottom end power. The engine is designed to provide improved fuel efficiency, performance and reliability, and is 100% Made in Italy.
REDS has introduced a sealing system to help keep dirt away from the redesigned internals. Plus, a lightweight combustion chamber, lightweight crankcase, and redesigned crankshaft create a lower working center of gravity and a lighter overall package. Additionally, the GEN2 venturi was included for improved mileage and tunability.
- ADVANCED HCX CARB SYSTEM: The revolutionary carb features a top end needle positioned horizontally, lower down on the carb body. HCX Horizontal carb main features: higher idle stability, more precise tuning, easier access to high speed needle, higher mid/top range power.
- GEN2 VENTURI: The Revolutionary GEN2 venturi guarantees improved fuel mileage and higher torque. The innovative design improves carburetor fluid dynamics for a even better tuning stability.
- ANTI-DIRT SEALING SYSTEM: The cooling head anti-dirt sealing system keeps the engine clean in a critical area between the cooling head and crankcase. The redesigned crankcase provides easier maintenance and a cleaner engine for longer life.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & LOW GRAVITY CENTER: The REDS Factory Tuned line was designed to be not only more powerful and reliable but lighter and with lower center of gravity than ever before. To do that, they started from scratch, redesigning each essential part like crankcase, cooling head, combustion chamber and Black Diamond coated backplate.
- HANDMADE, TUNED AND ASSEMBLED by Mario Rossi: All parts are matched, measured by Mario Rossi within certain tolerances, hand built and Tuned by him personally. The engine leaves the factory with a hand inspection of all components and compression is checked.
- LONG STROKE: The Tuned crankshaft features an improved aerodynamic design in order to increase horsepower and inertia to rotation. Crankshaft durability has been improved thanks to special carbon steel and high technology coatings. It is also balanced with two high-density counterweights and special silicone filling reduces the inertia to rotation.
- BLACK DIAMOND BACKPLATE: The Diamond backplate is refined with a special anti-friction hard coating RDC. This coating allows decreased conrod-backplate friction improving engine efficiency and performance.
- 5 PORTS WITH BOOSTERS: The sleeve with 5 inlet ports and exhaust port with boosters guarantees high power and low fuel consumption. The flat piston, made from a high strength aluminum bar, is a true masterpiece of engineering.
- HIGH QUALITY BALL BEARINGS: The high sealing and high reliability made in Japan front ball bearing ensures high idle stability. The steel-ceramic hybrid Swiss Made rear bearing ensures longer life and low friction at high temperatures.
Category: 1/8 Buggy or Truggy
Displacement [cm^3]: 3.5
Bore [mm]: 16.2
Stroke [mm]: 16.9
Inlet ports: 5
Outlet ports: 1 + 2 boosters
Front ball bearing dimension DixDexS [mm]: 7x19x6
Front ball bearing features: rubber seal made in Japan
Rear ball bearing dimension DixDexS [mm]: 14x25.4x6
Rear ball bearing features: Swiss made ceramic
Carburetor diameter [mm]: 6.5 (6.0 and 7.0 optional)
Carburetor: HCX Long needle
Weight [g]: 348
Cilinder system: ABC
Exhaust type: rear
Recommended Glow plug: REDS T5C
Recommended pipe: REDS 2104 + S
Recommended fuel: 25-30% nitro, 8-10% oil
Break-in fuel: 12% oil