R10 1/10 Nitro Touring Car Kit by HB Racing
This product was added to our catalog on December 26, 2012.
This is the Hot Bodies R10 1/10 Scale Nitro Touring Car Kit. Top-level nitro touring cars are a completely different type of racing class compared to electric touring cars - you can't just add an engine to any touring car design and be off to the races. Properly designing and testing a car takes months, even years plus the standard of materials and design has to be at the highest level. At over 60mph, even on smaller tracks, every component has to serve a purpose and be designed to perform. That's why only the best materials went into the R10; titanium, aircraft aluminum, carbon graphite, top-grade composites and more.
The R10 chassis is CNC machined from aircraft aluminum, and is designed to be extra-narrow, which prevents any rubbing while cornering, which can upset the car when you're going for that perfect lap. Woven graphite of the highest possible quality is used for the upper deck and radio tray and all the stiffeners and supports throughout the car. Thick woven graphite is utilized for the front and rear shock towers for extra crash protection so you can finish the race instead of worrying about damage to the car. The bulkheads, pivot blocks and spacers are all constructed from top quality aluminum and anodized a bright orange.
The easily removable fuel tank sits in the exact center of the chassis, with the battery pack positioned underneath for a completely centralized weight balance. To help lower the CG even further, the servo positioning places them flat on the main chassis for fast weight transfer and superior cornering speeds. The engine mount is a multi-piece unit, allowing both OS and Novarossi style engines to fit straight on. Performing engine swaps and maintenance is simple and easy - the multi-piece mount lets you change engines without having to set the gear mesh each time.
An extra-thick foam bumper sandwiched between stiff plastic supports protects the front end of the car, and a carrying handle will help your pit crew make lightning-fast fuel stops!
The R10 uses proven racing suspension design to give racers of all skill levels all of the tuning capability they want, and without the bother of complex and hard to understand race car suspension theory.
The front camber is set by an extremely solid 'pivot ball' design, which gives you infinite control over the track width of the car as well. Simply insert a hex wrench through the wheels and you can do a fast setup change - no turnbuckles necessary. The front caster is set by moving the upper suspension arm forward and backward on a solid hinge pin, giving you precise control of the steering into and out of corners. The rear track and rear is controlled with the same extra-sturdy pivot balls, while the rear camber is set with titanium turnbuckles.
The shocks are a normal oil-filled, coil-over design, with threaded bodies and threaded top and bottom caps. The shock bodies are coated with super-slick PTFE for near-frictionless movement of the piston, giving you effortless and smooth suspension movement.
Controlling the chassis roll at each end of the car are adjustable sway bars - a blade-style sway bar in the front and a conventional bearing-supported bar style sway bar in the rear.
The R10 has universal driveshafts front and rear, with reinforced drive belts taking the power from the gearshaft to the front end, and to the rear solid differential.
The drivetrain is fully equipped with lightweight, hardened aluminum pulleys for low friction, decreased rotating mass and long life. The pulleys are also anodized a cool gunmetal color in a great example of attention to detail.
A critical component of any on-road nitro racing car is the 2-speed transmission, and complete attention has been paid to this area of the R10. Using 0.08 Module gears for smaller gear teeth allows lower rotational mass and increased gear life.
2012 IFMAR World Champion TQ and 2nd, 4th and 10th Place!
At the world debut of the R10, HB factory drivers achieved their goal of getting into the Main Final, dominated qualifying with an unbeatable Top Qualifier position, and set the fastest pace of the 60-minute race for the World Championship!
- Optimized design and balance for modern LiPo batteries
- Centralized lower weight distribution provides superb balance with increased transitional agility
- High quality universal driveshafts front and rear for the best drive efficiency
- Titanium tie-rods, rear camber links, middle shafts and rear sway bar joints
- Hard coated aluminum pulleys (except the rear differential pulley)
- Separated (upper and lower) bulkheads allow for quick and easy differential change and drive belt tension adjustments
- Fuel tank equipped with EZ cap designed for least fuel liquid level change for the best fuel efficiency
- 4-piece engine mount compatible with both OS and Novarossi type engines
- High precision brake rotor and brake pads made from material used in real racing cars provide superb stopping power and brake feel
- Servo saver with one-touch Ackerman adjustment system
- Multiple suspension pivot point adjustment system allows for fine roll center tuning
- Direct fit wing mounts on rear shock tower
- PTFE-coated oil shocks
- Efficient 0.08 module gears
- Wheels, tires, body and electronics left for your choice
Gear ratio: 1st = 7.56:1.0, 2nd = 5.27:1.0
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Steering Servo
- Throttle Servo
- Receiver Battery Pack and Charger
- .12 Engine, Tuned Pipe & Starter System
- Wheels, Tires & CA Glue
- Body & Polycarbonate Paint