"Pucks" TLR 22 Drive System by MIP
This item is discontinued and no longer available for purchase. You may want to search our site for a similar item.
Please be aware that pricing and product availability in-store may vary from what’s available online because each store is independently owned and operated. When you shop at HobbyTown you’re supporting your local community.
This is an optional MIP "Pucks" TLR 22 Drive System. The future of 17.5 stock class racing has arrived! MIP’s Puck™ Drive system is an aluminum based drivetrain system that includes aluminum diff outdrives, aluminum C-CVD™ bones, and replaceable plastic orange wear Pucks™ that take the place of inferior steel pins. MIP engineered polymer Pucks™ don't just deliver less drag and near zero wear just like a buffer right between the metal joints, they protect drive investment with a new configuration that lets you replace just the Pucks™! This combination greatly increases the longevity of the drivetrain and most importantly decreases the drivetrain’s overall rotating mass by a whopping 50%! The decrease in weight directly results in quicker acceleration, deceleration, and lower motor temps! This IS the advantage that every stock racer has been waiting for.
- 50% less rotating mass over stock steel components
- Quicker acceleration
- Quicker deceleration
- Lower motor temps
- Less overall wear on drive components
- Replaceable Pucks to keep your drivetrain fresh
- Two sets of holes in the C-CVD™ bell
- Hard Anodized 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Race proven C-CVD™ Construction
- MIP Laser Etched Logo
- Includes complete MIP Differential
- Includes complete C-CVD™ Axle Set
- 100% Quality made in the USA!
- (2) HW-SHSS 4-40 x 3/32 Cup Point
- (14) Ball Bearing 3/32” Chrome Steel Ball
- (2) HW-Pin 1/16 x .430 Solid Pin
- (2) HW-Pin 1/16 x 3/8 Roll Pin
- (2) HW-Nut M4 x .7mm Steel Locknut
- (7) HW- Bearing 1/16” Chrome Steel Ball
- (2) MIP Modified Diff Ring Losi 22
- (6) HW-BHCS 1-72 x 1/8”
- (1) Washer #2 Hardened
- (2) MIP 3/16” CVD™ Coupling
- (2) MIP Capture Rings
- (1) Diff Spring 1⁄4 x 9/32”
- (1) HW-SHCS 2-56 x .92 Diff Screw
- (1) Molded T-Nut Associated
- (1) Diff Thrust cover
- (2) MIP CVDTM Puck Pin
- (8) MIP Outdrive PucksTM
- (1) MIP Thrust Retainer .236 Aluminum Bore
- (1) Diff Lube & Grease cup
- (1) MIP Lube & Thread Gel Cup
- (1) Inst. Sheet
- (2) Confetti Sticker
- (2) MIP CVD™ Axle Losi 22 T
- (1) MIP Pucks™ Male Aluminum Outdrive TLR 22/22T/22 SCT
- (1) MIP Pucks™ Female Aluminum Outdrive TLR 22/22T/22 SCT
- (2) MIP Pucks™ C-CVD™ Aluminum Bone TLR 22
This product was added to our catalog on October 30, 2013.
Sunday, Apr 10 2016 (6 months ago)
MIP "Pucks" TLR 22 Drive System
Excellent MIP product as per usual. I purchased this part as it still came with laser etching on the cups and axles, or so I thought. Unfortunately it seems the laser etching feature has been discontinued as mine came with none. Please update the item details amain.
Wednesday, Jan 22 2014 (about 2 years ago)
MIP "Pucks" TLR 22 Drive System
The MIP pucks are one of the best investments I have made for 17.5 racing. The decreased rotating mass really improves the way my car powers out of corners and gives me the snap I need to clear bigger gaps, even at the end of an 8 minute race. My motor even runs cooler because it isnt working as hard to spin the transmission. These things are the real deal and worth every penny! The plastic pucks last a long time, much longer than I expected, and the fact that I may never need to buy another set of outdrives makes them an incredible value in the long term. One thing, I did add a 1/4 ounce of weight over the tranny to compensate for the difference in static weight. Highly recommended upgrade.