Protoform Vintage Racing Pre-Mounted Rear Tires are fully-approved for U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing and are fully-capable on any surface: carpet, prepared asphalt or parking lots. Utilizing a super long-lasting compound and molding technology perfected by Pro-Line Racing, these VTA spec tires are 100% Made in the USA.
On high-grip CRC carpet, these tires have been tested to provide an easy-to-drive handling feel and comparable lap times to previous VTA tires, all without the need for superglued sidewalls. On asphalt, these tires grip well with additives and provide realistic tire screeching sounds for an ultra-scale effect.
PROTOform’s VTA pre-mounts are sold in pairs and mounted our durable, nylon, 8-spoke wheels. The 26mm fronts are 0 offset, while the 31mm rears measure at +6 offset to fill the rear fenders of your 190mm touring car equipped with a PROTOform VTA body. Choose from white or black options to suit your taste or paint scheme.
- Pre-mounted for your Convenience
- Scale Vintage Looks
- Available in Black or White Colors
- Long lasting Tire compound
- Durable Nylon Wheel Material
- Works well on any surface
- Made in the USA
This product was added to our catalog on October 9, 2017
1. Look nice, has a classic car tread and wheel design.
2. Seem to last a long time compared to other racing tires, but that is probably partly due to these being designed for 25.5T motors which aren't exactly setting the track on fire.
1. Traction isn't what I'd call good, but that is the nature of the VTA class.
2. White wheels stain up easily. I'll be buying the black wheels going forward.
3. Very Expensive, about double what slicks cost.
4. Requires spacers on some chassis... 1mm shim or 6mm hex in my experience to prevent wheel from rubbing on steering blocks.
-1 star for the high cost, seems they have a monopoly. Too bad hpi got out of the vta wheel/tire combo