ProTek RM Maifield Edition "Drake-In" .21 Engine - 2022 Nitro Challenge 1/8 Buggy & 1/8 Truggy Winner!!!
Adam Drake is a legend - so its no surprise that when we decided to offer a pre-run Samurai, we would take advantage of Adam's "EBIS" engine break in services. Now, the same "Oil Bath" break in service trusted by Ryan Maifield, Robert Battle, Ty Tessmann, Spencer Rivkin, Mike Truhe, and many others is now available to you, performed with the knowledge and precision that has made The Drake a legend in RC racing.
The ProTek R/C Samurai RM Maifield Edition "Drake-In" 3-Port .21 Competition Nitro Engine is Ryan Maifield's weapon of choice when he steps onto the battlefield. The Maifield Edition combines features hand picked by ProTek R/C team driver Ryan Maifield, with the proven race winning performance of the ProTek Samurai platform.
The RM Maifield Edition features a unique backplate with steel insert to reduce friction. This helps to provide increased connecting rod lifespan, a more stable idle and higher RPM, while also eliminating the risk of aluminum debris in the engine due to backplate wear. The RM Edition is paired with the proven "high power" 21j carburetor and long stroke configuration, making it a great option for large track 1/8 nitro buggy and 1/8 nitro truck racing. A low CG 9 fin "RM" cooling head, 3 port sleeve and ceramic rear bearing round out the package to create a pro-level engine that delivers the power and performance needed to win, with the reliability required to compete at the highest levels of competition.
Final Run In Instructions:
- Heat the engine to 180°F-200°F using the ProTek R/C 12V engine heater (PTK-4050).
- Prime and start the engine. The carb has been adjusted, but you may need to make slight adjustments depending on your fuel, vehicle, weather and elevation. Overall the settings will be very close.
- Tank #1 Let engine idle and heat saturate for 1-2 minutes. During this time you can fine-tune the idle adjustment and slowly apply the throttle to burn out any excess assembly oil. Start running the vehicle on the track or parking lot. The engine should be crisp on bottom to mid, but still slightly rich on top end. At the completion of the first tank, let the engine cool with the piston at bottom dead center.
- Tank #2 & 3 Preheat engine and continue running on the track. If needed, you can lean in the High-Speed Needle one hour. At the completion of the 3rd tank, let the engine cool with the piston at bottom dead center.
- Tank #4 Preheat engine and continue running on the track. At this point you should be close to race tune with High Speed Needle slightly rich to provide proper lubrication. The engine will continue to improve and gain fuel mileage the next ½ to full gallon of use. You should be ready to go racing!
- Designed in collaboration with Ryan Maifield
- Steel backplate insert to reduce friction, reduce wear, increase RPM and offer a more stable idle
- Superior tunability
- Low CG 9 fin "RM" cooling head
- Aggressive power band
- Ideal for 1/8 buggy & truck applications
- 6.0mm & 6.5mm circular venturis
- Ceramic rear bearing
- ABC piston and 3-port cylinder
- Ultra hot ProTek P3 turbo glow plug
- Strengthened black-coated crankcase
- Utilizes 21j "High Efficiency" Carburetor
- PTK-2090: ProTek R/C 2090 Tuned Pipe w/Manifold
- PTK-2542: ProTek R/C P3 Turbo Glow Plug (Ultra Hot)
- (1) RM Edition "Drake-In" Off-Road .21 Engine w/21j Carburetor
- (1) "Gold" P3 Turbo Glow Plug (Ultra Hot)
- (1) High Temp Exhaust Gasket
- (1) 6mm "Circular" Aluminum Carburetor Restrictor
- (1) 6.5mm "Circular" Aluminum Carburetor Restrictor
- (3) Dust Caps (3mm, 16mm & 17mm)
Displacement: 3.49cc / 0.213 cu.in.
Output: 2.68ps/2.64hp/34,000 r.p.m
Practical RPM Range: 4,000-42,000 r.p.m.
This product was added to our catalog on March 16, 2022