These packs are built with a lexan plastic shell around the outside of the battery, and then covered in blue heat shrink. The lexan shell is designed to protect the battery cells while in the vehicle, for longer life. Note that due to the lexan shell, sometimes the battery may feel soft to the touch on the outside of the battery; this is normal as there is a small air gap between the lexan shell and the battery cells inside.
Why must Li-Poly receiver packs be used with a voltage regulator?
Although the Li-Poly battery pack’s nominal voltage is 7.4V, when it is fully charged the voltage output is 8.4V. The 8.4V output exceeds the safety level of most receivers and servos on the market, so if you are not using High Voltage servos, you must use a voltage regulator with these Li-Poly receiver packs to decrease the voltage to safe levels that your receiver and servos can accept.
- Capacity: 2600 mAh
- Case: Lexan shell covered with heat shrink
- Weight: 100 g grams (including wire and connector)
- Li-Po cell arrangement: 2S2P
- Nominal voltage: 7.6 Volts
- Discharge capability: 8C continuous (20.8A)
- Dimension (LxWxH): 54x32x31mm
- Connector: JR Style with thick 20AWG Silicone Wire
- Balancer Plug: XH style (Align, E-Flite compatible)
- Recommended Application: Kyosho and Tekno vehicles, 1/10th & 1/8th scale nitro models, Helicopters and Airplanes
1) DO NOT leave the battery in your model when charging
2) DO NOT leave unattended when charging
3) ALWAYS balance charge the battery
4) ALWAYS use a LiPo charging bag
5) YOU MUST use a Li-Poly specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH or NiCD only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
6) YOU MUST not over discharge the Li-Poly battery pack
7) READ & UNDERSTAND the instructions carefully before operating this battery
NOTE: When using high energy Li-Polymer Batteries, please do not over-discharge or over-charge batteries as this will result in over heated batteries. Discharging capacity can't exceed 80% of the max capacity of the pack after full charging to ensure a good cycle performance. It is recommended to fully charge a brand new battery before using and only discharge the battery 50% for first 5 cycles. Always monitor race time and/or set a low voltage warning on ESC (End voltage cannot be lower than 3.2v per cell). Do not use the battery that has too low a voltage.
Do not expose batteries to sunshine or store/charge batteries at the temperature above 35°C or in a closed car. The high temperature environment could cause damage to the pack or make it burst. If the battery becomes hot while fast charging, high current discharging or racing, do not charge the battery until it has cooled completely. Wait about 20 mins, then inspect prior to recharging.