The tubes feature a prefluxed solder ring that helps you achieve an effective low resistance connection, while the adhesive rings help to create a secure, waterproof seal on the wire. Plus, the transparent heat shrink allows you to inspect the connection, remains flexible for strain relief and insulates the junction. Package includes five sleeves.
- Easy to use: With a very simple design these solder sleeves are easy to use, and allow a single step soldered, sealed and insulated connection. Install with a heat gun, torch or lighter. Clear sleeve allows precise wire positioning for an effective connection.
- Effective: These solder sleeves perform well in almost every situation where soldering is needed. Extending battery wires, motor wires, and more.
- Durable: Materials offer a high quality solder connection with no measurable resistance, and the heat shrink material remains flexible and allows inspection of the junction.
- Waterproof: Each sleeve includes waterproofing adhesive. Once melted the wire becomes waterproof.
Compatible Wire: 12-10awg
Shrink Ratio: 2:1
- Strip approximately 1/3" (8.5mm) of the shielding from your wires.
- Slip the appropriate size solder sleeve connector over one half of the exposed wire.
- Slide the two wire ends together so that the exposed wire strands intertwine with each other.
- Slip the solder sleeve connector over the connection so that the solder ring is centered on the exposed wire.
- Apply heat to solder sleeve until the solder melts.
- Apply heat to the adhesive glue rings.
- Wait a minute for it to cool before applying tension or pressure to the wire.