This is a pack of twelve 3.0mm ceramic differential balls from ProTek R/C. These differential balls can be used to replace you steel, or carbide 3.0mm differential balls for smoother differential operation and longer service life.
Our ProTek Ceramic Differential Balls are made from Si3N4 silicone nitride ceramic. Ceramic differential balls have many advantages over standard steel balls, such as decreased weight, higher RPM capabilities, increased corrosion and wear resistance, as well as reduced friction and vibration.
So next time you purchase differential balls, when you ask yourself "Why should I buy Ceramic?" You should be asking yourself "Why shouldn't I?"
Advantages of Ceramic:
- High Speed: Ceramic differential balls can reach a resistance level of 1,200,000dN with grease lubrication, due to reduced slip, wear extent and heat productivity.
- Lightweight: The weight of ceramics is 60% lighter than steel, which decreases the centrifugal force and overall weight.
- Long Service Life: The service life of ceramic balls is 3 to 5 times longer than that of steel in comparable working conditions.
- Self Lubricating: Even when poorly lubricated or with no lubrication, ceramic differential balls will continue to function longer than steel under the same level of stress due to their self lubricating properties.
- Corrosion Resistance: Ceramic differential balls have excellent corrosion resistance, and will continue to function while corroded.
- High Rigidity: The elastic ration of ceramics is 1.5 times greater than that of steel, this dramatically increases the rigidity of the balls.
- Low Friction: Ceramic materials have a low friction force. Even under the conditions of boundary lubrication, the surfaces are extremely smooth, so its friction force is low and the rotational friction moment is low.
- Wear Resistant: The micro-hardness of ceramics can reach a Vickers Hardness level of HV1700 kg/mm2, which dramatically increases the wear-resistance.
NOTE: Some early Cyclone models use a 2.0mm diff ball; please consult with your owners manual before purchasing.
ProTek R/C is an AMain Sports & Hobbies brand.
This product was added to our catalog on October 24, 2008