30-Day Return Policy on Hobbytown.com purchases!
Making sure you enjoy the products you buy from Hobbytown.com and enjoy your online shopping experience is our ultimate goal. To prove this, we will accept any for Refund or Store Credit within 30 days of purchase. We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of 15% on returned merchandise.
We also understand that life happens. In the case where you are not within the time frame with your return please give us the opportunity to provide a solution specifically for you. Call, email or Live Chat us and we will take care of your needs.
Damaged Package Claims
If you have received your order, and your package was damaged in transit, please contact us immediately (within 48 hours of receipt of your package). Customers with damaged packages can file a claim directly with us. Please complete our Damaged Package Claim Form and mail or fax it to us for review. Please keep all packaging (box, packing paper, etc.) for verification purposes. We will most likely request that the damaged product(s) be shipped back to us for verification. HobbyTown may also require that photos be taken of damaged packages and or parts for inspection purposes. Photos of damaged goods will help us expedite the process and provide a better resolution.
Lost Package Claims
If you have not received your order, and feel your package may be lost, please contact us. All packages shipped by HobbyTown are insured for 100% of the package's value. If your package is in fact lost, we will either replace the package, credit your account for the full amount, or offer you a refund for the full amount of the order.
Before we can file a claim for a lost package, we must allow the U.S. Postal Service the full time allotted for delivery. Here is the timetable for tracing lost packages: USPS Express Mail - 10 business days from the day the order was shipped USPS Priority Mail - 14 business days from the day the order was shipped USPS First Class Mail - 21 business days from the day the order was shipped
If your package was not delivered within the time frames listed above, please complete a Lost Package Claim Form.
Please allow us 2-8 business days to contact the shipping carrier regarding your missing package.
Please do not open a PayPal claim against the order, as this will further delay the process.
NOTE: HobbyTown is not responsible for return shipping, nor any fees associated with return shipping. If an item is found to be damaged in transit, defective out of the box, or incorrectly shipped, please contact our customer service department and shipping instructions will be given.
How To Return Merchandise To HobbyTown:
Email or call one of our helpful Customer Service Representatives. If you are contacting HobbyTown by email, please include your Order Number, the part numbers and quantities you would like to return, a brief explanation of why you are returning the item(s), and your preferred method of reimbursement.
• Once your return has been approved, we will send you a copy of the Return Information Form, which will include the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Please print this form and include it with your returned merchandise.
• For your convenience, the shipping address is included on the Return Information Form. Please cut out the address and attach it to the package.
• While packing the merchandise to return to HobbyTown, please use packing fillers inside the box to protect the items from damage during shipping.
• Please insure any packages being returned to HobbyTown. In the event that the package becomes lost or damaged, the carrier will reimburse you for the merchandise. HobbyTown is not responsible for returned merchandise that is lost or damaged in transit.
• A notification will be sent to the email address listed on your HobbyTown account when the refund has been applied, or the store credit is added to your account. Please note: This may take 1-3 business days after the package has been received.
Please contact us to receive an RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization) before you return an item to us. You can reach us by telephone at 530-894-5041, Monday thru Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
Please send returned product merchandise to:
RMA# (this is the number we give you)
424 Otterson Drive
Chico, CA 95928 USA
Items Excluded From Our RMA Program:
• Any item that has been used
• Nitro fuel and most batteries
• Apparel that has been worn
• Kits with a broken protective seal
• Nitro engines (if fuel has entered the engine)
• Vehicles that have been operated
• If you choose to refuse your package upon delivery, once we receive the package back to our store, we will refund your order minus the original shipping charge and the return shipping charge associated with your package. We receive the return shipping charge from the carrier once the package has been returned to us.
• For packages that arrived damaged, HobbyTown may require photos of the package (and parts) for inspection purposes. These pictures will help expedite our internal process and provide a faster resolution.
• Discounts applied to an order, such as coupon codes, will be divided evenly amongst any returned merchandise; HobbyTown lists the discounted price, along with the normal price, on the order invoice you receive from us. If you have any questions about the discounted price and how it's applied, please call Customer Service; we will be glad to help!
• Rocket Returns - Please ship any rocket related returns USPS parcel post. New, stringent shipping laws require special handling and additional costs when rockets are expedited. Shipping parcel post will enable HobbyTown to process your return much faster.
Defective Merchandise Return Policy
If you receive an item that is defective, please contact Customer Service immediately by phone, email, or Live Chat. Most Manufacturers allow us to process Warranties in-house. In some situations, the manufacturer or supplier may prefer to handle the issue directly. If the manufacturer does not handle your claim to your satisfaction, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Please note: Hobbytown.com reserves the right to refuse any merchandise that is found to be free of defects.
Please take a moment to read our Terms and Conditions below.
- HobbyTown services international and domestic customers.
- Do not return products containing fuel, lithium polymer batteries or other hazardous materials.
- All items should be packed to assure no damage is incurred during shipping. HobbyTown is not responsible for damage incurred during the shipping process, nor for packages shipped to, but not received by HobbyTown (lost in transit). Please insure packages and avoid shipping methods of carriers that do not provide tracking.
- Warranty only applies as described by the product manufacturer and on products accompanied by a dated proof of purchase.
- Warranty service or replacement decisions are at the sole discretion of HobbyTown.
- Collateral damage is NOT covered by manufacturer's warranty.
- When applicable, the customer is responsible for all brokerage fees, duties and taxes associated with the service and shipment of product.