Prodigy Touch 680 AC LiPo/LiFe AC/DC Battery Charger (6S/8A/80W) by ProTek RC
This product was added to our catalog on December 20, 2013.
This is the ProTek R/C "Prodigy Touch 680 AC" LiPo/LiFe/NiMH AC/DC Battery Charger. The next generation of Prodigy has arrived. The Prodigy Touch 680 AC features an intuitive touch screen user interface that is incredibly easy to navigate. With no buttons to wear out, an 80 Watt internal power supply, charge rates up to 8 Amps, and the ability to charge batteries up to 6S, the Prodigy Touch 680 AC is a great choice for both surface and air enthusiasts. Plus, its backed by the unmatched customer support you receive from ProTek R/C, so buy with confidence knowing we've got you covered!
The Touch 680 AC also provides important information during the charging process, including a data graph, internal resistance of the battery and individual cell voltage. Additional features include adjustable per-cell end voltage, worldwide voltage compatibility, automatic cell count recognition, and a Digital Power setting that allows you to power additional DC powered equipment when you aren't charging a battery. These features only scratch the surface of what the Prodigy Touch 680 AC delivers.
Grab a Prodigy Touch 680 AC and see for yourself why Protek R/C is found on the benches of some of the most respected R/C professionals in the world, including racer Atsushi Hara, pilot Tim Jones and more. The next generation has arrived. Don't get left behind.
Prodigy Touch 680 AC Features:
- Single Channel Touch Screen Digital AC/DC Balance Charger
- Maximum 8A Charge Current, up to 80W
- Maximum 0.1-2.0A Discharge Current, up to 12W
- 100V - 240V AC Input
- 11.0V - 18.0V DC Input Voltage Range
- Automatic Lithium Cell Count Recognition
- Supports up to 6S Lithium & 15 Cell Nickel Battery Packs
- Digital Power Program Delivers 3V - 24V to Power Other DC Devices
- Lithium, Nickel & Lead Acid Compatible
- Simple & Efficient User Interface
- ±0.01 Balance Tolerance Range
- Microprocessor Controlled
- Multiple Safety Functions
- Individual Cell Balancing
- Heavy Duty Metal Case
- Delta-Peak Sensitivity
- Back-Light Screen
- Efficient Heat Sink
|Charger Model||Prodigy Touch 680 AC|
|AC Input Voltage Range||AC 100V - 240V
|DC Input Voltage Range|| DC 11.0V - 18.0V
|Charge Current Range||0.1A - 8.0A
|Discharge Current Range|| 0.1A - 2.0A
|Discharge Power Limit|| 12W
|Balance Current||Max. 300mA
|LiPo/LiFe/Li-Ion Discharge||2.0V - 4.2V/Cell
|NiCd/NiMH Cell Count||1 - 15 Cells
|Lithium Battery Cell Count||1 - 6 Cells
|Pb Battery Voltage|| 2.0V - 20V
|Digital Power Program
||3.0V - 24V
NOTE: To determine if this charger is suitable for your application, you must perform this calculation to determine the maximum amp rate the charger can supply. Divide the Watts of the charger by the Voltage of the battery pack. This will tell you the maximum amp rate the charger can deliver (Watts / Voltage = Amps). So using the Touch 680 AC as an example and a 6S LiPo battery pack, would be 80 Watts divided by 22.2 Volts, which equals 3.6 Amps. This means that the charger can supply a maximum of 3.6 amps to a 22.2 Volt 6S battery. This amp rate will gradually reduce as the battery voltage increases during the charge cycle.
1) DO NOT leave the battery in your model when charging
2) DO NOT leave unattended when charging
3) ALWAYS balance charge the battery
4) ALWAYS use a LiPo charging bag
5) YOU MUST use a Li-Poly specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH or NiCD only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
6) YOU MUST not over discharge the Li-Poly battery pack
7) READ & UNDERSTAND the instructions carefully before operating this battery
- (1) Prodigy Touch 680 AC Charger
- (1) Alligator DC Power Input Cable
- (1) AC Power Input Cable
- (1) Bullet to T-Plug Charge Lead
- (1) 3-in-1 Charge Lead w/Receiver Battery, JST & Glow Ignitor Charge Connectors
- (1) XH Type LiPo Balance Board
- (1) Touch Screen Stylus Pen
NOTE: Included power cord is only compatible with Type B 110V outlets. "Type E/F" (PTK-5316), "Type G" (PTK-5317), and "Type I" (PTK-5318) power cords are available and must be purchased separately.
ProTek R/C is an AMain Sports & Hobbies brand.
I wish there was a switch to turn the unit on and off instead of unplugging/replugging the power cable but this is me just nit picking. I fly helicopters now, so this was the perfect charger for me. Back when I was racing R/C cars, I would have purchased the Duo or even Quad charger.)
Charger is still a great value.... however... the main battery charge lead WILL fall apart on you. It's a cheap Chinese product with TINY 22ga wires that barely hang on to the Deans plug. I get it. Keep costs down.... but this is the main power going to the battery. After re-soldering the Deans plug back on three times, I had enough and took it completely apart. I saved the banana plugs and the Deans plug then used Deans Wet Noodle 12ga copper wire between. Now it's 100x stronger and I feel confident that it can carry the amperage load.
This is the only fault I've found in the package. Everything else (so far) has held up.)