"Prodigy 625 DUO Touch AC" LiHV/LiPo AC/DC Battery Charger by ProTek RC (6S/25A/200W x 2)
This product was added to our catalog on February 28, 2017.
This is the ProTek R/C "Prodigy 625 DUO Touch AC" AC/DC Battery Charger. The next generation of Prodigy has arrived. The Prodigy Touch 625 DUO AC features an intuitive and easy-to-use touch screen interface with no physical buttons to wear out. Two independently-controlled 200 Watt internal power supplies provide a staggering 25 amps of charge current - per channel - making the Prodigy 625 DUO Touch AC an excellent choice for both surface and aircraft enthusiasts.
The 625 DUO Touch AC also provides important information during the charging process, including a data graph, internal resistance of the battery and individual cell voltage. Additional features include adjustable per-cell end voltage, worldwide voltage compatibility, automatic cell count recognition, and a Digital Power setting that allows you to power additional DC powered equipment when you aren't charging a battery. These features only scratch the surface of what the Prodigy 625 DUO Touch AC delivers.
There's a reason some of the most respected R/C professionals in the world use ProTek R/C. Pick up the Prodigy 625 DUO Touch AC today and see for yourself.
This charger features a Hi-Voltage LiHV mode that allows you to safely charge Hi-Voltage LiHV capable batteries. You can adjust the charging end voltage of this mode up to 4.40V per cell, which is considerably higher than 4.20V per cell of an ordinary LiPo battery. Charging at this higher end voltage requires a Hi-Voltage LiHV capable battery, but the power gains are significant to the overall punch and power for the R/C model. But please note: battery voltages exceeding 4.20V per cell is prohibited from sanctioned racing rules, such as ROAR, IFMAR, etc.
Prodigy 625 DUO Touch AC Features:
- Dual Channel Touch Screen Digital AC/DC Balance Charger
- Maximum 25A Charge Current, up to 200W Per Channel
- Maximum 5A Discharge Current, up to 30W Per Channel
- 100V - 240V AC Input
- 11.0V - 18.0V DC Input Voltage Range
- 5V/2.1A USB Port
- Automatic Lithium Cell Count Recognition
- LiPo, LiHV, Nickel & Lead Acid Compatible
- Adjustable Charge End Voltage
- Simple & Efficient User Interface
- ±0.01 Balance Tolerance Range
- Microprocessor Controlled
- Multiple Safety Functions
- Individual Cell Balancing
- Heavy Duty Metal Case
- Delta-Peak Sensitivity
- Back-Light Screen
- Efficient Heat Sink
DC Input Voltage: 11.0V - 18.0V
Charge Power: 200W x2
Discharge Power: 30W x2
Charge Current: 0.1 - 25A x2
Discharge Current: 0.1 - 5.0A x2
Balance Current: 400mA/cell
LiPo/LiHV/LiFe Cell Count: 1-6S
NiMH/NiCd Cell Count: 1-16 cells
Pb Battery Voltage: 2-24V
- (1) Prodigy 625 DUO Touch AC Charger
- (1) DC Power Input Cable w/XT60 Connector
- (2) XH Type LiPo Balance Board
- (1) AC Power Input Cable
- (2) Bullet to T-Plug Charge Lead
- (1) Touch Screen Stylus Pen
- (1) Alligator Clip Charge Lead
- (2) Alligator Clips
NOTE: Included power cord is only compatible with Type B 110V outlets. "Type E/F" (PTK-5316), "Type G" (PTK-5317), and "Type I" (PTK-5318) power cords are available and must be purchased separately.
How To Calculate Your Charging Needs
To determine if this charger is suitable for your application, you must perform this calculation to determine the maximum amp rate the charger can supply. Divide the Watts of the charger by the Voltage of the battery pack. This will tell you the maximum amp rate the charger can deliver (Watts / Voltage = Amps). For example, if using the Touch 625 AC and a 6S LiPo battery, you would divide 200 Watts by 22.2 Volts to realize a 9 Amp charge rate. This means that the charger can supply a maximum of 9 amps to a 22.2 Volt 6S battery. This amp rate will gradually reduce as the battery voltage increases during the charge cycle.
LiPo Battery & Charger Warnings:
2) DO NOT leave unattended when charging
3) ALWAYS balance charge the battery
4) ALWAYS use a LiPo charging bag
5) YOU MUST use a Li-Poly specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH or NiCd only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
6) YOU MUST not over discharge the Li-Poly battery pack
7) READ & UNDERSTAND the instructions carefully before operating this battery