PRO5 Competition 1/10 Electric Touring Car Kit by HB Racing
This is the Hot Bodies PRO5 Competition 1/10th Electric Touring Car Kit. After a more than a year of development, the HB PRO5 was ready for a trial by fire. Taking everything learned with previous HB touring cars and feedback from some of the worlds best drivers, the HB team has created what they feel is the ultimate touring car racer for RC professionals and club racers around the world. This means the HB PRO5 is a completely fresh design, full of innovation and unique parts. The PRO5 features all the latest trends and developments in electric touring car racing, and has been track-tested, rebuilt and dialed in week after week at race tracks around the world. Team HB has put in the time needed to make the HB PRO5 one of the best models in its class.
Tuned to Perfection
Completely adjustable down to the finest detail, the PRO5 can be adjusted for any driving style on any race track. From roll center to wheelbase, camber to track width, every parameter of the PRO5 can be tuned to suit any driver, under any circumstances.
The main chassis is cut from 2.25mm woven carbon fiber, fitted with 7075 aluminum bulkheads. The design of the motor and layshaft mount allows for better weight distribution and efficiency. A 2mm woven carbon fiber upper deck sits on top of the aluminum bulkheads. The PRO5 also features a woven carbon fiber floating servo mount and floating battery mount to allow the chassis to flex properly for consistent handling in all conditions.
A high-efficiency drive belt and alloy pulleys are standard equipment, and large 40-tooth pulleys at each end surround the extra-large rear gear diff and the front solid spool. DCJ-style front universals and standard rear universals are driven by alloy diff outdrives for low rotating weight, and clamp-style hex adapters are securely fitted to the drive axles. The front hex adapters have an extra-thin narrow profile, allowing you to easily alter the front track width for an optimized steering feel for your style.
The suspension features a huge number of updates and is full of unique parts, including the thick woven carbon fiber shock towers, threaded aluminum big bore shocks and totally redesigned suspension arms. Easy access ball cups mean you can change roll centers quickly using shims, and of course turnbuckles are fitted as standard equipment. Because ultra-precise steering is a requirement for all touring car racers, the PRO5 is fitted with reliable bearing-supported bellcrank steering for extra-smooth action, using alloy arms for strength and durability. The Ackermann setting is easily adjustable using orange-anodized shims, and the steering turnbuckles connect to woven lightweight carbon fiber steering arms.
NOTE: Painted body, wheels, tires and electronics shown in photos are shown for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- 2.25mm woven carbon fiber main chassis
- 2mm woven carbon fiber upper deck
- 7075 aluminum front and rear bulkheads
- Optimized motor mount for central weight
- Updated layshaft mount design
- Alloy center pulleys
- High efficiency Kevlar-reinforced drive belts for an extra-smooth drivetrain
- Redesigned rear gear diff with 40-tooth pulley
- 40-tooth front spool
- Alloy diff outdrives
- Rear universals
- Front DCJ universals
- Fully adjustable suspension (wheelbase, camber, caster, ride height and more)
- Woven carbon fiber shock towers with multiple shock mounting positions
- Threaded aluminum coil over big bore regular length shocks
- Centralized lower weight distribution provides superb balance
- Floating woven carbon fiber and alloy servo mount
- Bellcrank steering with dual alloy arms
- Adjustable Ackermann integrated into steering arm & servo saver
- Woven carbon fiber steering arms
- Redesigned suspension arms and uprights
- Modular inner camber link mount with shim adjustments for infinite adjustability
- Easy-access ball cups
- Clamping style hex hub adapters
- Narrow front hex hubs
- Fine pitch body posts
- Floating battery mount for optimal chassis flex
- Foam bumper with clamping bumper mount
- Alloy belt tensioner with ball bearing
- Front and rear sway bars
- Metric hardware throughout
- Orange-anodized aluminum color accents
Total Length: 353mm
Overall Width: 190mm
Wheelbase: 254-260mm (adjustable)
Needed to Complete:
- 1/10 Motor & ESC
- Pinion Gear
- 2 Channel Surface Transmitter System
- High Speed Steering Servo
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Tires, Wheels & CA glue
- Tools for building
This product was added to our catalog on August 19, 2015.