PRO-2 1/10 Electric 2WD Desert Buggy Kit by Pro-Line
This item is discontinued and no longer available for purchase. You may want to search our site for a similar item.
This product was added to our catalog on July 31, 2014.The PRO-2 Buggy is one of Pro-Line’s most refined products ever produced. Pro-Line took their highest quality and best performing accessories and combined it with race-bred DNA to create the ultimate Go Anywhere – Do Anything Short Course Buggy. The PRO-2 platform delivers on track performance with proven Pro-Line durability that will withstand the toughest backyard bashing.
The PRO-2 Buggy comes as a kit allowing you the opportunity to build the Buggy yourself by following the included color Instruction Manual. This Buggy kit is perfect for the first time kit builder ready to graduate up from a Ready-to-Run vehicle. All you need to get your buggy on the road is electronics, paint and the tools required to build and run the buggy (all sold separately).
The PRO-2 platform includes major components that are made in-house at Pro-Line in the USA! In fact, the PRO-2 Buggy is made entirely of readily available parts that were only previously available as high-performance upgrades – a true one of a kind.
- Performance LCG Chassis: The 3mm thick Hard Anodized 7075-T6 Aluminum Chassis extends the full length of the Buggy for maximum durability and keeps everything in-line and extremely low for optimum performance. Aluminum Servo Mounts and Steering Posts add even more strength to the chassis structure. The PRO-2 Chassis is pre-built from the Factory for faster assembly time.
- Realistic Buggy Styling: The interior of the buggy has polycarbonate dash complete with steering wheel and driver detail. A separate hard plastic Helmet finishes off the look and can be painted any color or scheme that you want. The molded plastic window nets have realistic weave detail and won’t pull out. The most unique feature on the PRO-2 Buggy is that the whole cage comes off in one single piece, including the rear engine covers. The cage is held on using Pro-Line’s Secure-Loc Cap system, so no need to mess around with body clips. The Front Bumper on the PRO-2 Buggy is a realistic tube style bumper with an innovative crush zone design that absorbs impacts and does not transfer the forces to the Shock Tower. The Front Bumper Hoop actually mounts through the Front Shock Tower, eliminating the possibility of warping the Shock Tower during front impacts. The PRO-2 Buggy also includes optional add-ons to mount a 1:10 Buggy Wing on the back for racing applications and 6 of Pro-Line’s Light Buckets if you purchase PRO6085-00 separately.
- Performance Transmission: The Performance Transmission is a popular upgrade for many vehicles. The Oil-filled, tunable Differential coupled with the Steel Top Shaft, Idler Gear and Internal Diff Gears define what the PRO-2 platform is: Durable. Proven. Performance. The Transmission features a race-inspired slipper system with vented discs that puts the power down consistently and a 3mm thick Aluminum Motor Plate for maximum motor cooling. The PRO-2 Transmission is pre-built from the Factory and pre-installed onto the LCG Chassis.
- PowerStroke Shocks: The PowerStroke Shocks utilize dual-rate spring technology just like the big boys. The bodies are threaded for precision ride height adjustment and are finished with a high performance coating for great performance and appearance. This is one of the #1 most popular performance upgrades that Pro-Line has ever produced and it comes as standard equipment with the PRO-2 Buggy. The PowerStroke Shocks are pre-built from the Factory, just add oil.
- ProTrac Suspension: The long front and rear arm suspension design improves suspension smoothness for unmatched rough track handling while using negative offset wheels to reduce scrub radius and for precision cornering. But performance isn’t solely about faster lap times, it also means durability and that’s what the ProTrac Suspension parts are all about. Pro-Line’s ProTrac suspension parts are proudly Made in the USA.
- Blockade SC Tires / F-11 Wheels: The National Championship Winning Blockade tread combined with the traction of the Soft M3 compound provides performance on any terrain. The Blockade SC tires are pre-mounted on Black F-11 wheels for added style. Pro-Line’s Blockade tires and F-11 wheels are proudly Made in the USA.
Features at a Glance:
- Realistic Desert Style Buggy Appearance and Performance
- Made entirely of Readily Available High Performance upgraded Components
- Chassis, Transmission, Shocks, Tires & Wheels are all Pre-Built
- Convert your Buggy to a Truck and back again as much as you want
- Continues Pro-Line’s Legendary PRO-2 Durability Heritage
- Scale Interior and driver figure for realistic Buggy Action
- Optional 1:10 Buggy Wing Mount Included for Racing Applications
- Add Pro-Line’s 6085-00 Light Buckets (sold separately) for Maximum Scale Appearance
- Shock Absorbing Front Bumper Design
- Whole Cage removes in a Single Piece
- Cage Held on with 2 Secure-Loc Caps
- Easy to find replacement parts
Length: 22.0" (559mm)
Width: 11.6" (295mm)
Wheel Base: 13.9" (335mm)
Weight (w/tires): 3.7lbs. (1688g)
- Partially Assembled PRO-2 Performance 1:10 2WD Short Course Buggy Kit
- Performance Buggy Cage and Body
- Pre-mounted Blockade SC M3 (Soft) on Black F-11 Wheels (4pc)
- ProTrac Suspension kit
- PowerStroke Shocks (4pcs)
- Performance Transmission
- PRO-2 Performance LCG chassis, components and hardware
- PRO-2 Buggy Assembly Instructions
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Motor & Motor Pinion Gear
- Steering Servo
- Electric Speed Control
- 7.2V 6-Cell NiMH or 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Paint for Polycarbonate Body
- Pinion Gear
- Tools for Assembly
Monday, Aug 3 2015 (about 2 years ago)
Pro-Line PRO-2 1/10 Electric 2WD Desert Buggy Kit
Decided to get this Kit over the Team Associated SC10B RTR witch was my 1st choice... I am Very Happy I did GO with this Truck & with the Performance of this 2WD kit from Pro-Line I was TQ in my 1st Race witch was a combined Class of 4WD & 2WD Short Course Trucks I outperformed some of the 4WD Guy's... & even think I made them a little mad @ me in the process LOL... This Pro-2 Jumps very well over any size Jump & Smooth through small woops sections of the Track & has good out of turn punch as well...Parts are Pro-Line Race Quality got 4 Races logged in already with my Pro-2 & All Parts are still intact holding up well...Only thing I have changed was Shock Oil weights Rest I run it Strictly Stock...I would suggest this Truck for anyone getting into R/C Racing & Short Course Class...)
Saturday, Sep 12 2015 (about 2 years ago)
Pro-Line PRO-2 1/10 Electric 2WD Desert Buggy Kit
What a fun kit! Went together fairly easily considering the buggy body took some concentration to fit. Durable and very versatile- I used the proline sct shock towers and bumpers to turn it into a sct since I already had a few sct bodies laying around. Being able to switch from buggy to sct in 30 minutes allows me to race the 2wd sct class and then go home and bash with a buggy! Ended up putting in a velinion brushless system and am having a ball.)