Platinum .21XPE "Euro Edition" 5-Port Off Road Racing Engine (Turbo Plug) by Dynamite
Designed specifically for the European race crowd, the Platinum .21XPE Euro Edition combines all the style and performance associated with the Dynamite Platinum engine line into an engine platform that simply rocks. With a 14mm turbo-fluted crankshaft for improved fuel flow and an ABC 5-port piston and sleeve for increased power and engine longevity, the Platinum .21XPE is sure to amaze European nitro race fans.
- Turbo-style combustion chamber for increased power and efficiency
- More efficient cooling thanks to new lightened cooling head
- Lightened cooling head for decreased weight and lower CG
- Indexed carburetor needles make tuning a breeze
- Composite carburetor for smoother operation and less risk of vapor lock
- ABC 5-port piston/sleeve for increased power and long life
- 14mm turbo-fluted crankshaft for improved fuel flow
- Type: 2-stroke
- Displacement: 3.45cc (21ci)
- Bore: 16.3mm
- Stroke: 16.8mm
- RPM Range: 3,000 to 40,000
- HP: 2.48 @ 39,800 rpm
- Front Bearing Size: 7x19x6
- Rear Bearing Size: 14x25.4x6
- Cylinder Type: ABC
- Carb Type: 2-needle slide
- Crank Type: SG
This product was added to our catalog on June 24, 2010.
I can't say how the life of the engine would be or the internals on it since I don't own one but I will say that I'm very impressed with this mill and considering purchasing 2 for myself after I do a little more research on it.)
It would seem SH engines is certainly moving up. Great engine just like my old platinum. Not as "torquey" but still plenty fast. I only wish that SH would try to market directly instead of going through dynamite, megatech, etc.)
The only thing I have to say "bad" of this engine, it's my have blow only afther 1 gallon. I can't put the fault on this engine, I'm not sure yet what happen on my last A-Main, but I think some dirt came in the combustion chamber and exploded my piston. So, that's why I can't be sure is a engine fault or from a bad luck.
Will buy another for sure to test it again! After the second, engine, I will re-write again to say if it the same thing or not.)
So you want to hear about race results...hear you go..9 years without racing a 1/8 scale
Using the new upgraded JQ car with nothing breaking only and finished one qualifyer.
Still got in the Amain
Started the race two laps down
Came back to finish 1st place!!! Told JQ about it on facebook, he thought it was amazing
Motor really comes to life after one gallon.
If you looking for a cheap fast motor, this is the one!
And I will say this again, yeah its a dynamite..who would of ever thought they would of made a world class .21....well Kyosho did try to enter the 2wd race game...so anythings possible.)
the engine is soooooo fast! and it always run 220-230)