Phantom 4 Quadcopter Drone by DJI w/4K Camera & 3 Axis Gimbal
This product was added to our catalog on March 30, 2016.
The DJI Phantom 4 Drone is the next step in the Phantom evolution. With the ability to fly at speeds up to 45mph, a stiffer and more aerodynamic structure, and flight times up to 28 minutes, the Phantom 4 is the best Phantom yet! Plus, advanced flight features like Sense and Avoid, TapFly and ActiveTrack make it easy for anyone to fly with confidence and capture aerial images like a pro!
TapFly makes it easy for everyone to fly. In TapFly mode, simply tap on the live view on your smart device screen to send it flying in that direction. With Obstacle Sensing Systems you can watch it fly without worry. Smart Return Home returns it to you more safely.
ActiveTrack lets you track a subject automatically, no band or beacon required, or you may re-select a subject to frame a different shot. Moving POI lets everyone shoot previously impossible shots.
Sport mode brings responsive controls and the thrill of speed everywhere. An integrated gimbal and updated battery position move the center of gravity close to the aircraft’s core. Raised motors increase torque reaction, and a reliable flight control system precisely controls the aircraft’s movement to make flight at high speeds safer.
Extended Flight Time
Advanced propulsion systems, highly integrated and more streamlined design combined with a larger capacity battery gives the Phantom 4 25% more effective flying time (up to 28 minutes total).
In Depth Features:
- Revolutionary Materials and Refined Aerodynamics: A specially designed, magnesium core increases the stiffness and rigidity of the Phantom 4 without compromising weight. Working in tandem with the battery, it lifts the center of gravity closer to the level of the props which increases agility and responsiveness. This is all placed within a sleek and aerodynamically efficient shell.
- Multiple Flight Modes: Switching flight modes to meet your needs, whether you are looking for simplicity and intelligent navigation, speed or smooth cinematic movements is easy.
- Fly Far for Longer: Fly for 28 minutes, an increase in effective flight time of 25% from the Phantom 3 Professional. Enjoy 3.1mi (5km) of range, with complete control and a live 720p HD view of everything the camera sees.
- Sense and Avoid: Front obstacle sensors combine with advanced computer vision and processing to give the Phantom active obstacle avoidance that allows it to react to and avoid obstacles in its path. Additionally, DJI’s Vision Positioning System has been refined, increasing its effective altitude by over 300% from the Phantom 3’s altitude to 10 meters and sharpening up its positioning capabilities, allowing for greater security and confidence when flying indoors.
- TapFly: The Phantom 4 reacts to your touch. In TapFly mode, simply tap on the live view on your smart device screen to send it flying in that direction. With Obstacle Sensing Systems you can watch it fly without worry.
- ActiveTrack: Using ActiveTrack, the Phantom 4 will recognize your subject, follow them naturally, and keep them in the frame. No GPS bracelet, tracker or beacon required.
- High Performance Camera: Shoot sharp, clean video in up to 4K at 30fps and Full HD 1080p at 120fps for slow motion, through a newly designed lens that dramatically increases sharpness.
- Professional Post Production: A range of video color profiles are available to help you get the look you want easily, from bright vibrant colors to professional flat profiles including D-Log and Cine-D that are ready for video post-production. Photographers can shoot images in 12 megapixel Adobe DNG RAW.
- Integrated Gimbal: An advanced 3-axis gimbal takes out unwanted vibration and movement in-flight, enabling the camera to capture smooth and fluid footage even during complex maneuvers.
- DJI GO
- DJI GO: DJI GO is all you need to fly, create, share, and connect. Compatible with the Phantom series, Inspire series, Osmo and more.
- SDK Supported: Through the DJI SDK, the Phantom 4 is open to software and hardware development.
- Intelligent Flight Positioning: The Phantom 4 connects to both GPS and GLONASS, allowing it to connect to satellites faster and position itself with extreme accuracy in the air.
- Automatic Flight Logs: The Phantom 4 automatically logs the details of every flight you take so you can check back on previous flights.
- Built In Redundancies: Dual compass modules and dual Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs) allow the Phantom 4 to constantly check the data it is receiving. This means any incorrect data can be isolated and ignored without ever affecting your flight.
- Beginner Mode: Beginner flyers should build confidence by flying low and close. Beginner mode prevents new pilots from going beyond their skills. An adjustable maximum height and distance can also be set when flying skills improve.
- Customizeable Remote Controller: All the controls on the Phantom 4 can be completely customized to match your flying style, from control stick sensitivity to the functionality of dedicated buttons.
- Push-and-Release Propeller: Redesigned prop mounts allow each prop to be securely locked in place with a push and a twist and released just as easily. This locking mechanism allows the propeller to withstand harsh turning forces.
Weight (Including Battery): 1380 g
Max Ascent Speed: 6 m/s (Sport mode)
Max Descent Speed: 4 m/s (Sport mode)
Max Speed: 20 m/s (Sport mode)
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level: 19685 feet (6000 m)
Max Flight Time: Approx. 28 minutes
Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
Satellite Systems: GPS / GLONASS
Vertical: +/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m
Horizontal: +/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m