P-51 S 8cc BNF by Hangar 9
This product was added to our catalog on April 9, 2015.
P-51 Mustang S 8cc Gas Trainer
The Hangar® 9 P-51 Mustang S 8cc gas powered trainer is the beginner solution for club-pilots who want the fast track to flight success with a really cool plane. Based on the most celebrated fighter airplane ever, the Mustang S has been engineered to deliver a confident learning experience right from the first flight—even if you have never flown before.
The installed Evolution® 8cc gas engine is engineered from the start to be simple to run, easy to start and reliable from the top of the tank to the bottom. It takes the convenience of gas/petrol and combines it with outstanding efficiency. In short, you get the thrill engine performance can deliver plus a 90% savings over the cost of running a comparable glow-fuel powered engine.
Revolutionary SAFE® technology delivers sophisticated flight envelope protection that makes learning to fly more enjoyable than ever. That’s because the Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX® receiver installed combines industry-leading guidance with attitude awareness and exclusive software to deliver bank/pitch limitation assistance, outstanding stability and the comfort of Panic Recovery capability. Pre-programmed flight modes allow you to instantly choose the level of assistance you need plus the option to fly without any assistance at all for when you’re ready to advance. Never before has an engine powered beginner-friendly aircraft been this electronically advanced.
The expertly engineered all-wood structure offers a level of finish and long-life that’s unmatched by any other construction type. All the electronics and accessories have been installed, including the fuel tank so that the final assembly on your part is as minimal as possible. The finish and markings of the Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering convey a sense of realism. But it’s the way this P-51 Mustang S flies that will have you heading to the field every weekend—even after you’ve mastered the basics.
The P-51 Mustang S 8cc BNF gas powered trainer is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9® aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials. Plus, every Hangar 9 product comes with the after-sale service and technical support you need to succeed.
Engineered with SAFE® Technology
SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology is a revolutionary electronic flight envelope protection system. This intuitive technology enables consistently smooth flight and battles windy conditions in multiple modes with varying levels of assistance plus a virtual safety net.
Pitch and roll angle limits combine with electronic self-leveling to help you keep the P-51 Mustang S flying smoothly.
Natural feeling AS3X® system stability with expanded pitch and roll angle limits for a larger flight envelope that protects you from entering extreme flight conditions.
Pitch and roll limits are removed while AS3X technology delivers smooth flight and a rock-solid feel.
Panic Recovery Mode
1. Pilot loses control of the aircraft in any flight mode.
2. Pilot pushes the panic recovery switch. The aircraft will return to level flight…
3. …once the aircraft is flying straight and level, the pilot returns all other controls to their neutral position and continues a gentle climb to a safe altitude.
The Evolution® 8cc gas engine is engineered from the start to be simple to run, easy to start and reliable from the top of the tank to the bottom. It takes the convenience of gas/petrol and combines it with outstanding efficiency. You get the thrill engine performance can deliver plus a 90% savings over the cost of running a comparable glow-powered system. The installed Evolution® 8GX, 8cc gas/petrol engine is ready to fuel, plus a matching spinner and Evolution propeller is provided.
The AR636A 6-channel 2.4GHz receiver with SAFE® technology is ready to bind to your full-range 6-channel DSM2®/DSMX® transmitter with genuine Spektrum™ technology. Its guidance reliability and popularity means you can fly at any club field with confidence. Even experienced RC instructors will be excited because the flight envelope protection, Panic Recovery mode and AS3X® stability packed the AR636A receiver has the potential to make their job of training so much easier.
A Brilliant Finish
Modern, all-wood construction delivers traditional value with strength and durability beyond convention. Expertly applied genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® film means the P-51 Mustang S 8cc looks great and can be with you for the long haul.
The P-51 Mustang S 8cc gas trainer can be ready to fly in less than an evening. The engine and radio components are already installed, and because final assembly is simple, all you need are common tools.
Power to the receiver and engine ignition is supplied by the Spektrum™ 1250mAh 7.4V 2S Li-Po battery (installed). Not only does it offer an excellent blend of lightweight and high power, the battery can be quickly recharged using the included DC charger.
Five E-flite® high-voltage airplane servos have been installed for throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder controls.
Rugged Landing Gear
The width, length and forward rake of the landing gear are specially configured so that ground handling as smooth as possible. The landing gear doors add a touch of realism while the large wheels make rough field operation easier.
Film the Ride
Share your one-of-a-kind flight experiences with a view from the cockpit. The empty cockpit area is built so that it’s the ideal location for your compact video camera.
- Exclusive SAFE® technology delivers flight envelope protection
- Panic Recovery mode switch quickly returns the model to level flight
- The club-level beginner airplane that looks cool
- Easy-to-use Evolution® 8cc gas/petrol engine provides reliable, low-cost operation
- Ready to bind with your transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM2®/DSMX® technology
- 5 × E-flite high-voltage servos offer full 4-channel control
- CNC engineered laser-cut, balsa and plywood construction
- Realistic 334th Fighter Squadron trim scheme
- Genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering provides a brilliant finish
- Included Li-Po battery powers both the receiver and ignition (charger included)
- Durable, one-piece wing for easy assembly at the flying field
- Wide-track main landing gear makes ground handling on rough-fields easy
- Clear cockpit provides a scale look and an ideal video camera mount location
- Wingspan: 54.7 in (1390mm)
- Overall Length: 47.7 in (1211mm)
- Wing Area: 574 sq. in. (37 dm sq)
- Flying Weight: 5.9 lbs (2.7kg) Dry
- Engine Size: 8cc Evolution GAS (included)
- Radio: 6 channel (minimum)
- Trim Scheme Colors: Silver, black, white, Olive Drab, True Red
- Prop Size: 12×6
- Speed Control : NA
- Recommended Battery: 7.4V 1250mAh Lipo
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Needed To Complete:
6-Channel full-range transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM2®/DSMX® technology