Optim 80 CP Helicopter RTF by Ares
This product was added to our catalog on May 13, 2016.
The Ares Optim 80 CP RTF Helicopter is a great choice for those looking to step up from their first CX heli or quad, as well as experienced heli pilots looking for some flying fun around the house.
When flying in stabilized mode, the 6-axis system allows you to fly the Optim 80 CP comfortably with control similar to that of a CX heli. When you’re ready for a little more flying adventure, just the flip of a switch on your transmitter puts the 80 CP in agility mode so you test your skills making nimble maneuvers you never thought possible. Better yet, if your heli happens to get out of control, just flipping the switch back to the 6-axis system will help you recover and avoid most mishaps that would cause similar helis in the market to end up in a crash!
The Ares Optim 80 CP comes 100% factory-assembled in your choice of 2 attractive, highly visible canopies, and is powered by a coreless motor and a 150mAh 25C battery. Also included are a 2.4Ghz transmitter and a power cord that allows you to charge conveniently from the AA transmitter batteries that come with your purchase. With nothing extra to buy, you’ll be flying your Optim 80 CP around your house within minutes of opening the box!
- Aegis Flight Stabilization System: The Optim 80 CP uses a state of the art 6-axis Aegis Flight Stabilization System which allows you to fly basic sport maneuvers with control that is similar to that of a CX heli or quad. If you happen to get into trouble, all you have to do is let go of the sticks and the 80 CP will right itself, return to a level hover and avoid a potential crash.
- Aegis Natural Flight Progression
- Step 1: If you’re new to CP flight, with Aegis Natural Flight Progression (NFP), your first step with the Optim 80 CP is to fly in stable mode using the advanced 6-axis Flight Stabilization System (FSS). In this mode you can get comfortable flying basic sport maneuvers.
- Step 2: When you’re ready to give 3D flying a try, just the flip of a switch puts you into 3-axis control mode and you’re able to try just about any 3D move you can imagine.
- Step 3: If you get out of control, just flipping the switch back to the 6-axis Flight Stabilization System (FSS) automatically stabilizes the heli in normal upright flight – helping to make the Optim 80 CP the best product on the market to help you progress from sport flying to 3D flight!
- Includes Idle Up Switch: The Idle Up switch (Stunt/Normal) is a critical feature to 3D heli flight and it comes standard on the Optim 80 CP. This switch sets the throttle to full power independent of the position of the throttle stick. When in idle up any throttle stick movement above mid-point engages positive pitch on the main rotor, any stick movement below mid stick produces negative pitch on the main rotor allowing you to fly inverted.
- More Flight Time: The Ares Advantage Optim 80 CP comes with 2 LiPo batteries and a dual port USB charger, which not only makes the 80 CP a great value, but also allows you to stay in the air longer.
- Fly Indoors or Out: The nano-micro sized Optim 80 CP is capable of flying outside in winds up to 10 mph, yet small enough to fly in most indoor spaces with ease.
- RTF (Ready-to-Fly): The Ares Advantage Optim 80 CP comes 100% factory-assembled as an RTF (Ready-to-Fly) heli. A 500mAh DC Dual Port Charger and 5V 1S USB Power Cord are also included so you can charge 2 batteries at once to maximize your flying time.
Length: 8’’ (203mm)
Height: 3’’ (76.2mm)
Main Rotor Diameter: 8’’ (203.2mm)
Weight with Battery: 36.7 grams
Battery: 1s 3.7v 180mAh 25c
Charger: 500mAh Dual Port Charger
Transmitter: 6 channel 2.4GHz
On-Board Electronics: 3-in-1 control board
- Optim 80 CP
- 6-Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter
- (2) 3.7V 180mAh 25c LiPo Batteries
- 500mAh DC Dual Port Charger
- USB Charging Cord
- AA Batteries
- Nothing! Everything you need to get started is in the box!