Onyx 240 AC/DC Dual Charger w/LCD Display by DuraTrax
Super Saver Shipping!
This item is eligible for Super Saver Shipping Learn More
This product was added to our catalog on September 11, 2008.This is the DuraTrax Onyx 240 AC/DC Dual Charger w/LCD. Excellent for electric powered models which use two NiCd or NiMH batteries simultaneously, or modelers who rotate through multiple batteries while at the field or the track. Less time charging batteries – more time having fun! Charge currents of 800mA, 1.5A, 3A, and 5A plus 4-8 cell NiCd or NiMH compatibility make this charger great for batteries for 1/18 to 1/8 scale electrics, nitro receiver packs, and even transmitter batteries! A tiny, lightweight switching AC power supply is built-in, DC input capability and twin LCDs with blue backlights make this charger easy to transport and use in any environment. Both LCDs feature custom characters, large digits, and a cool blue backlight – great for easy viewing anytime, anywhere!
- Two independent outputs, each with identical features and functions.
- A small, lightweight built-in AC power supply is great for cramped pit spaces, and easy portability.
- Each output offers selectable charge currents of 800mA, 1.5A, 3A, and 5 amps, with auto-trickle.
- Each output offers NiCd and NiMH compatibility, with custom peak detection.
- Each output includes a unique built-in jack for charging 4-5 cell Rx packs for nitro models, even Tx packs!
- Each output includes a custom LCD with blue backlight that shows battery voltage, charge current, time, and capacity.
- Each output includes pushbutton controls and audible tones which aid in set-up and use.
- Each output includes a backup safety timer which automatically stops charge to prevent accidental battery overcharge.
- Each output includes a built-in output lead with standard plug. Adapters are available separately.
- A DC power lead with alligator clips easily connects to many 12V DC power sources.
- Solid-state reverse polarity and current overload protection ensure trouble-free operation.
Battery Types: 4-8 NiCd or NiMH (4.8-9.6V)
Battery Capacity Range: 750-7500mAh
Fast Charge Current: 0.8A, 1.5A, 3A, 5A Linear (40W maximum)
Fast Charge Termination: Peak Detection
Fast Charge Safety Timer: 90 Minutes
Peak Sensitivity: 8mV for NiCd, 5mV for NiMH
Auto-Trickle Current: 1/20 Fast Charge Setting
Controls: 3 Pushbuttons
Display Type: 7-Segment Custom LCD With Blue Backlight
Output Connections: Built-In Lead With Standard Connector, Built-In Jack For 4-8 Cell Radio Batteries
Audible Tones: Indicates Start, Stop, Errors
AC Input: 110V AC 60Hz
DC Input: 11-15V DC, Built-In Lead With Alligator Clips
Protective Devices: Solid-State Reverse Polarity And Current Overload
Case Size: 7.95 x 6 x 1.97 in. (202 x 153 x 50 mm)
Weight: 27.8 oz. (789 g)
Sunday, Apr 5 2009 (about 8 years ago)
DuraTrax Onyx 240 AC/DC Dual Charger w/LCD Display
I have ued MANY other chargers and so far this is the best one so far. Ther may be better one but as for me and my family. It's the easy to use for all ages... Not to mention it save time and hassel dealing with two chargers at once.)