This is the DuraTrax Onyx 240 AC/DC Dual Charger w/LCD. Excellent for electric powered models which use two NiCd or NiMH batteries simultaneously, or modelers who rotate through multiple batteries while at the field or the track. Less time charging batteries – more time having fun! Charge currents of 800mA, 1.5A, 3A, and 5A plus 4-8 cell NiCd or NiMH compatibility make this charger great for batteries for 1/18 to 1/8 scale electrics, nitro receiver packs, and even transmitter batteries! A tiny, lightweight switching AC power supply is built-in, DC input capability and twin LCDs with blue backlights make this charger easy to transport and use in any environment. Both LCDs feature custom characters, large digits, and a cool blue backlight – great for easy viewing anytime, anywhere!
- Two independent outputs, each with identical features and functions.
- A small, lightweight built-in AC power supply is great for cramped pit spaces, and easy portability.
- Each output offers selectable charge currents of 800mA, 1.5A, 3A, and 5 amps, with auto-trickle.
- Each output offers NiCd and NiMH compatibility, with custom peak detection.
- Each output includes a unique built-in jack for charging 4-5 cell Rx packs for nitro models, even Tx packs!
- Each output includes a custom LCD with blue backlight that shows battery voltage, charge current, time, and capacity.
- Each output includes pushbutton controls and audible tones which aid in set-up and use.
- Each output includes a backup safety timer which automatically stops charge to prevent accidental battery overcharge.
- Each output includes a built-in output lead with standard plug. Adapters are available separately.
- A DC power lead with alligator clips easily connects to many 12V DC power sources.
- Solid-state reverse polarity and current overload protection ensure trouble-free operation.
4-8 NiCd or NiMH (4.8-9.6V)
Battery Capacity Range:
Fast Charge Current:
0.8A, 1.5A, 3A, 5A Linear (40W maximum)
Fast Charge Termination:
Fast Charge Safety Timer:
8mV for NiCd, 5mV for NiMH
1/20 Fast Charge Setting
7-Segment Custom LCD With Blue Backlight
Built-In Lead With Standard Connector, Built-In Jack For 4-8 Cell Radio Batteries
Indicates Start, Stop, Errors
110V AC 60Hz
11-15V DC, Built-In Lead With Alligator Clips
Solid-State Reverse Polarity And Current Overload
7.95 x 6 x 1.97 in. (202 x 153 x 50 mm)
27.8 oz. (789 g)
This product was added to our catalog on September 11, 2008