The O.S. Speed B2103 Type S Competition Off-Road 1/8 Buggy Engine is redesigned and modified to improve performance and run-time. The crankcase was designed specifically for this buggy engine and utilizes a low center of gravity cooling head for the best possible cooling in high ambient temperatures. Additionally, a rear ceramic bearing and DLC-coated, tungsten balanced crankshaft is used to keep the engine spinning smoothly. The inner head features a silicon O-ring to reduce vibration and prevent dust intake.
The Type-S engine also features a 3-plus-1 port long-stroke configuration to increase torque in the low to mid RPM range while being easy on fuel consumption. The engine utilizes the updated crankcase, end cap and DLC-coated crankshaft, combined with the super efficient 22D carburetor for smoother throttle response and improved mileage.
- Crankcase: Redesigned crankcase, on which OS SPEED logo is engraved, has enough surface area for effective heat dissipation.
- Cylinder liner: Type S 3– ports liner performs well at medium and low speed range
- Outer head: Type S has high vertical finned low-profile cooling head for improving the car drivability with low gravity.
- Inner head: For reducing vibration and preventing dust, the inner head is adopted silicon O-ring.
- Carburetor: Type S features the 22D carburetor which emphasizes quick response and smooth acceleration.
- Ball link: Redesigned ball link which can change the position of fixing screw for easy access.
- Crankshaft: DLC Coated Crankshaft with Tungsten weights and potted with silicone.
- Reducer: Designed to emphasize the inhalation effect, the 6.0mm II/6.5mm II are designed for both types.
Bore: 0.64 in (16.27 mm)
I have bought the stock version of this engine and loved it best engine ever bought but have been thinking about upgrading to this. How much of a difference is this than the stock V-Spec.