O.S. has now introduced new Glow Plugs that are more suited to rigors of R/C Car Racing. Note that O.S. engine plugs are SHORT
body plugs and should only be used in engines that require a short body plug. O.S. plugs should not be used in Novarossi, RB Concept and most other motors manufactured in Europe.
- Increased durability (longer life span of plug)
- More reliable idle characteristics
- Smoother transitions from higher to lower RPM.
- Designed for constant "ON/OFF" throttle operations.
- This plug is suitable for 1/10 and 1/8 scale off-road racing.
- It has a slightly lower heat range than the O.S. #8.
See the O.S. glow plug chart below to compare the different short body standard glow plugs available for O.S. engines:
||Formerly known as the OS A3 plug. This hot plug will provide a more stable idle and crisp acceleration when compared to a cold plug. This plug is recommended for low nitro content fuels and .12 class engines.
||Slightly "hotter" than the #8 and ideal for the constant "on/off" throttle action in 1/10 and 1/8 scale racing.
||A medium heat range plug for 1/8 scale racing and most .12-21 car, boat and truck engines.
||Formerly known as the OS A5 plug. This is now rated as a cold plug and is recommended for high nitro content fuel. This cold plug will produce the most power, but will provide a less stable idle and a narrow tuning window
This product was added to our catalog on April 13, 2006