NT1 2016 Spec 1/10 Luxury Nitro Touring Car Kit by XRAY
At the heart of XRAY's philosophy it is a firm commitment to perfection when it comes to engineering, design, performance and support, all made possible by state-of-the-art in house manufacturing. The NT1 is synonymous with the absolute perfection that is XRAY: a platform that has been capturing trophies at tracks all around the world, and also capturing the hearts and minds of customers who demand nothing less than excellence.
Since the first release of the NT1 back in 2007, it has enjoyed some of the greatest successes around the world and been one of the most popular nitro touring cars around. The success of the NT1 has been the result of ongoing development and improvement based on feedback from Team XRAY and customers worldwide.
- Updated Chassis: The NT1 chassis has been re-designed to fit the updated 2-speed layshaft rear bulkheads inside the chassis, for better and more precise placement. Extra 2 holes for the updated motor mounts were added for improved chassis flex. The chassis gives improved performance in corners and provides great stability. Overall, the chassis is very narrow to increase chassis flex and generate more traction and steering. The narrow chassis also prevents chassis contact during cornering, and helps to eliminate the car ‘stopping‘ in mid-corner.
- Updated Aluminum Rear 2-Speed Shaft Bulkheads: The 2-speed layshaft rear bulkheads were re-designed to fit inside of the chassis, for better and more precise placement. These bulkheads are an integral part of the chassis Multi-Flex™ system that offers the choice of 3 different flex adjustments. The bulkheads are CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum to ensure the lightest & strongest support framework for the 2-speed layshaft.
- Updated Aluminum Front Upper Clamps: The front aluminum upper clamps were re-designed for improved flex adjustment of the front suspension. With the new design, the upper clamps can be connected with the aluminum upper arm holder to reinforce the front suspension and give improved steering characteristics. The super-lightweight upper clamps have a very clean and lightweight design to create the lowest weight and CG, making the NT1 easy to service and retaining easy access to all parts. The front upper clamps are CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum to provide the lightest & strongest support framework for the car.
- Updated Engine Mounts: The updated engine mounts are now part of the Multi-Flex™ system that allows chassis flex adjustment to suit particular track conditions.
- Inner mounting positions – softer chassis flex, generates more traction, recommended for low-traction tracks or with use of spec tires.
- Outer mounting positions – stiffer chassis flex, generates less traction, recommended for high-traction tracks or with use with tires with additive.
- Updated Steering Block Aluminum Extensions: The extensions for steering blocks are made from aluminum for increased durability and unmatched lifespan. The aluminum extensions have the same well-proven geometry including the same Ackermann positions. The extensions are CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, and are black anodized. The extensions mount to the steering blocks and feature 3 different Ackermann positions. Bump steer can be easily changed by adding or removing shims.
- Updated Front Flex Suspension Improvement: Similar to the rear suspension, the front suspension also now features the unique Multi-Flex™ system that allows you to easily adapt the car to particular track conditions and tires used. There are 3 different flex characteristics to choose from - soft, medium and stiff.
- Updated Rear Flex Suspension Improvement: The rear suspension design features Multi-Flex™ quick adjustment to easily adapt the handling of the car to particular track conditions and tires used. There are 3 different flex characteristics to choose from - soft, medium and stiff.
Class: 1/10 nitro touring car
Length w/o body: 381mm
Chassis length: 341mm
Width: adjustable 197~200mm
Ready-to-run weight: 1630g
Chassis: CNC-machined 3.0mm Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum
Final drive ratio (FDR): 2-speed: 1st 7.56; 2nd 5.27 (at 1:1 overdrive)
Pinion gear (std): hardcoated alu 1st: 16T ; 2nd: 21T
Spur gear (std): molded composite 1st: 59T ; 2nd: 54T
Wheels: not included
Instructions: full-color Instruction Manual with 3D graphics (48 pages)
Additionally included: Authentication Certificate, parts list & exploded view, decals
Needed to Complete:
- Radio system (transmitter and receiver)
- Steering & throttle servos
- Engine, manifold & exhaust
- Starter box & starter box battery pack
- Receiver battery pack
- Glowplug igniter
- Battery charger
- 200mm 1/10-scale bodyshell & Polycarbonate paint
- Wheels, tires & glue
- Air filter & oil
- Medium-grade (blue) threadlock
- Various tools for tuning & assembly
This product was added to our catalog on April 4, 2016.