This is the Novarossi Mephisto .21 9-Port On-Road Nitro Engine, featuring a Ceramic Rear Bearing and a Steel Front Bearing. Developed for drivers that demand the best. The Mephisto takes Novarossi's recent engine advancements and packs them into an 1/8 on road powerhouse.
- Conrod: R4/18 conrod, redesigned and made with a special aluminum alloy that allows it to have a high resistance while maintaining the lightness and performance of the previous R4/17.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is grinded to increase the mixture flow and has a special shape to reduce turbulences inside the crankcase. The balancing is done by three inserts made of tungsten alloy and the inlet has a silicon filling to reduce the weight of the crankshaft to improve acceleration. The durability has been significantly improved with the DLC coating.
- Rear ball bearing: The rear ball bearing has high quality ceramic balls to minimize wear and inertia to improve acceleration and fuel consumption.
- Compact carburetor: The three tuning needles gives a better idle and improves the ability of the engine to return to low rpm after throttling.
- Sleeve: The sleeve has 9 transfer ports and an exhaust with booster ports. The special shape and positioning of the ports improve the internal fluid-dynamics to obtain the maximum possible performance.
- Underhead: The underhead designed to work with a mixture of 16% nitromethane, but optionally the engine can be supplied with a underhead to operate at 25%.
- Exhaust: Improved internal machining of the crankcase drainage port to facilitate the expulsion of fumes.
- Cooling head: New head, redesigned to improve the flow of air and thus increase cooling and ensuring an optimal center of gravity.
Recommended Exhaust Systems:
- NVR51010: Tuned Pipe (EFRA 2015) - 3 chamber polished tuned pipe, more progressive with lower fuel consumption
- NVR41015: Manifold - Shorter exhaust gives less acceleration, but an increased topspeed
- NVR41016: Manifold - Medium exhaust is half way between short and long, generally used as a starting setup
- NVR41017: Manifold - Longer exhaust gives more acceleration, but reduced top speed
R.P.M. (max power): 41.800 RPM
Bore x stroke: 15.88x17.60 mm
Sleeve: 9 ports
Rear ball bearings: ceramic
Front ball bearings: steel
Crankshaft: 14.5mm - turbo - tuned - DLC
Carburetor: aluminum - 9 mm - slide 3 adj.
Glowplug: Turbo (CT8)
Exhaust position: rear
Weight: 341 g
Fuel type: 16% nitro
NOTE: This engine is also available with front and rear Steel bearings (NVRMEPHISTO21ONH).
This product was added to our catalog on June 21, 2018