NB48.4 1/8 Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit by Tekno RC
This is the Tekno NB48.4 1/8 Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit. The NB48 has been carving out its place as the top 1/8th scale nitro buggy for many years now. Through its history, we have continually improved on every aspect of performance and durability. The progression from the NB48 to the NB48.3 evolved through many significant changes, industry firsts, and also hundreds of fine adjustments. With the introduction of the NB48.4, we have once again raised the bar and improved on nearly every aspect of the buggy. This time it took the form of many fine adjustments, but the leap in performance is our most significant yet.
NB48.4 Updated Features:
- Updated CNC 7075 Chassis with Improved Wear Characteristics
- Revised Steering Geometry and Ackerman Plate
- Bearing Supported Spindle/Carrier Design
- Revised Wide Rear Pivot Suspension Geometry
- Revised Ultra Efficient Drivetrain with New Universal Driveshafts
- Revised Internal Gear Ratio for Improved Efficiency
- CNC 4×1.9 Flat/Flat Delrin Pistons and CNC Delrin Guides
- Updated Rear Bulkhead Brace System
- Updated CNC 7075 Aluminum Bleeder Shock Caps (emulsion, vented, non-vented)
- Updated LF (low frequency) Shock Springs
- Updated Fighter Jet Inspired Body Design
- Proven design
- Updated 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis with improved wear characteristics.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated battery, servo and electronics tray/mud guard is sunken into chassis for a super low COG, Lightness, and Durability.
- Adjustable, LCG lightweight wing mount.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
- Revised rear bulkhead brace with improved bulkhead support.
- Differentials and Drivetrain:
- Three fluid-filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Lightened outdrives, and diff couplers used throughout.
- Updated 12/39 ring and pinion gears for improved efficiency.
- Angled rear gearbox with large bearings.
- Updated universal driveshafts with narrow stub axle and revised bearing placement.
- Centered rear bulkhead input matching dogbone angle front to back.
- Optional under/overdrive available (TKR8151 and TKR8152).
- Optional center universal driveshafts available (TKR5295 and TKR5296).
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 6mm front, 5mm rear CNC 7075 aluminum gun metal anodized shock towers are standard.
- Updated flat/flat piston design and configuration (4 x 1.9mm).
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- Updated CNC 7075 emulsion/vented/standard shock caps.
- 4mm hardened and polished steel shafts.
- Updated tall clamping spring perches with captured shock boots.
- Updated CNC delrin internal triple guide design for true and consistent shaft action.
- Optional springs and sway bars are available.
- Suspension and Steering:
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- Updated captured outer front and rear hinge pins.
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ‘0 steering slop’.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces.
- Updated bearing supported spindle/carrier with updated geometry and enhanced durability.
- Long rear sway bar for improved consistency.
- Updated ‘Wide Pivot’ C and D hinge pin braces.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Updated narrow high roll center rear hubs.
- Adjustable Ackermann and bump-steer (bump in, zero bump, bump out).
- Updated aluminum Ackermann plate rides on four precision bearings.
- Updated steering bell cranks with optional solid right bell crank (no servo saver) for increased steering response.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- Brakes and Clutch:
- Semi metalic brake pads for improved consistency and wear.
- CNC machined, precision ground hardened steel brake disks.
- Independently and quickly adjust the front to rear brake bias.
- CNC machined clutch flywheel with four CNC 7075 aluminum shoes.
- Three clutch spring strengths included for precise engine speed engagement adjustment.
- CNC machined 13 tooth clutch bell utilizing industry standard bearing sizes.
- Engine Mount and Fuel Tank:
- Engine forward design increases handling response and improves weight distribution.
- Adjustable engine mounts accommodate a broad range of clutch bell and spur gear sizes.
- Impact resistant fuel tank with rubber mounts to reduce vibration and absorb hard landings.
- Integrated fuel filter/clunk with an external nipple (IFMAR Legal).
- Fuel overfill drain tube and integrated tank lip to minimize fuel spillage.
- Double sealed tank lid to eliminate fuel or air leakage for a consistent engine tune.
- Other Features:
- Updated high downforce wing with hole guides included.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box.
- Full set of option parts available.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- All metric hex hardware.
Length: 435mm (without wing)
Width: 306-310*mm (*optional hubs required)
Dry Weight: 3260g* (7.17lb) (*your weight may vary depending on equipment used)
Diff Ratio: F/R – 12/39t, Center – 48t
Clutch: 4-shoe adjustable with 7075 aluminum shoes
Clutch Bell: 13t w/ 5x13x4mm inner, 5x10x4mm outer bearing
Brakes: Steel discs with semi-metallic pads, side mounted
Receiver Battery Box Dimensions: 58.5mm x 36mm x 34.5mm (L x W x H)
Fuel Tank: 125cc, clunk
Needed to Complete:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- High torque steering and brake servo (at least 300 oz/in)
- RX battery 58.5mm x 36mm x 34.5mm (L x W x H)
- Switch harness
- .21 nitro engine, tuned pipe, manifold, and glow plug
- Fuel bottle, fuel, 1/8th buggy starter box, and glow ignitor
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
This product was added to our catalog on February 1, 2017.