MXL-6S Waterproof Brushless Power System by Traxxas
FREE Shipping Eligible!
This item is eligible for Super Saver Shipping Learn More
This product was added to our catalog on November 6, 2014.This is the Traxxas MXL-6S Waterproof Brushless Power System. The Traxxas MXL-6s electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy and intuitive programming. The MXL-6s uses advanced circuit design that allows sensorless brushless motors to operate with the smoothness and precision of the best brushed systems. It is optimized to operate out of the box with either two 7-cell NiMH or two 2S/3S LiPo battery pack configurations. The MXL-6s is equipped with low voltage detection for LiPo battery use, but it is not necessary to disable low-voltage detection during NiMH battery use due to its auto-detect capability! The MXL-6s is powered by Castle for Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support and is backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
The Traxxas 2200Kv brushless motor is precision-matched for use in 1/10th scale Traxxas models, delivering the perfect balance of brutal horsepower and long run times. Smooth-running performance is built in with ultra high-temperature sintered Neodymium magnets, high-speed ball bearings, and a precision balanced rotor. Since there are no brushes or commutator to wear out, the need for maintenance is virtually eliminated. The 2200Kv brushless motor delivers consistent, high-power output, run after run.
The key to the MXL-6s extreme power output is total system optimization. Each component is carefully engineered to work with the other system components to eliminate restriction and allow maximum power flow. The MXL-6s is optimized to operate out of the box with a wide range of battery options: 7-cell NiMH packs (8.4 volts) (2), 2S LiPo battery packs (7.4 volts) (2) or 3S LiPo battery packs (11.1 volts) (2); max. 25.2 volts.
- MXL-6S ESC:
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector eliminates a common bottleneck and maintains pure, unrestricted power flow from the battery to the brushless power system.
- Built-in low voltage detection for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal to the driver that the battery pack is nearing its minimum voltage threshold.
- Advanced circuit design allows sensorless brushless motors to operate with the smoothness and precision of the best brushed systems. There's no need for additional sensor wiring and hardware complexity.
- Multi-color LED provides clear feedback
- Thermal shutdown protection prevents the MXL-6s from overheating.
- Micro-fin aluminum heatsink dissipates heat.
- The MXL-6s includes a heatsink cooling fan for increased cooling capacity during extreme use.*
- Gold plated 6.5mm bullet connectors on 10-gauge Maxx® Cable flow full power to the motor without performance-strangling resistance.
- 2200Kv Brushless Motor:
- Delivers more power than comparable brushed motors
- Ultra high-temperature sintered Neodymium magnets
- provide massive torque and linear power
- Optimized for power and efficiency in 1/10th scale vehicles
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- TRX 6.5mm gold-plated bullet connectors
- Input voltage: 18 NiCad/NiMH/6S LiPo (Max 25.2 Volts)
- Case Size: 56mm (2.2")/ 48mm (1.9")/ 36mm (1.4")
- Weight: 121g (4.27oz)
- Supported motors: Brushed / Brushless / Sensorless Brushless
- On-Resistance (@Trans)–FWD/REV: 0.0003 ohms per phase
- Motor Connectors: Traxxas 6.5mm Bullet Connectors
- Battry Connetors: Traxxas High-Current Connectors
- Power Wire: 10-guage Maxx Cable
- 2200kV Motor:
- Type: Senorless Brushless
- RPM/Volt (Kv): 2200
- Weight: 406g (14.32oz)
- Length: 75.5mm (2.97")
- Diameter: 41.8mm (1.64")
- Magnet Type: Ultra High-Temperature Sintered Neodymium
- Connector Type: Traxxas 6.5mm Bullet Connectors
- Wire Size: Traxxas 10-guage Maxx® Cable