The Mugen MTC1 Performance Conversion Kit parts were used at the Reedy Race of Champions EU, where all 3 prototypes MTC1's ended up in top 10 of the modified class. The prototype MTC1 was able to log some of the fastest lap times of the entire event! Testing with the prototype MTC1 on asphalt has also shown great results. Most testing was been done by pro drivers, but the kit was tested with club racers as well and the kit provided great results for drivers of all levels.
All in all, the MTC1 performance kit improves the car durability and performance significantly, and makes the MTC1 highly competitive in the electric touring car class for drivers of all levels.
The A2002 MTC1 Performance Conversion kit includes following updated parts:
- Upper Deck with Pitch Control Rod: The pitch control rod system prevents the chassis from bending over the maximum length, as it is fixed from the motor mount to the upper deck. Furthermore the flex of the chassis is not affected from the rod. It improves the acceleration significantly especially on carpet or high grip conditions.
- C-Hub Front Suspension: After intense testing Mugen found out that the C-Hub suspension system, in combination with a different wheel axle position, is much easier to drive then the original design.
- Shock / Differential O-Rings: The softer o-rings create less friction and both shocks and differential are working smoother. This makes the car easier to drive especially on bumpy tracks or tracks with curbs or dots.
- Differential Gears: The material of differential gears provides increased durability and smoother operation. This will also allow you to do more running between rebuilds.
- Aluminum Spool Outdrives: The aluminum outdrives increase the durability of the outdrives. Simply change the composite blades from time to time for increased durability.
This product was added to our catalog on December 20, 2018