The Mugen Seiki MBX8 ECO 1/8 Electric Off-Road Buggy Kit has been tested and developed by the worlds top drivers and represents the next step in the evolution of Mugen Seiki race cars.
NOTE: Electronics, wheels and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- The MBX8 Eco chassis improves steering and is more consistent in bumpy conditions.
- Differential and Drivetrain:
- High Traction Differentials are included in the MBX8 Eco. The Mugen Seiki HTD provides increased acceleration, longer runtime, and more consistent handling. The HTD’s also increase stability, traction and improve handling in bumpy conditions. The HTD has a larger volume diff cup to increase consistency during long main events. This makes it easier to time rhythm sections, better in bumpy and low grip conditions, helps to increase traction, and increases fuel mileage.
- Redesigned straight cut 13T bevel gear and 44T conical gear.
- Straight cut bevel and conical gears increase acceleration, runtime, and efficiency. A free and efficient drivetrain will also increase speeds while cornering.
- Redesigned plastic 46T HTD spur gear.
- Redesigned front and rear gearbox.
- The gearbox allows you to remove and service the differentials without detaching the suspension arm mounts. Easy access to the front and rear differential.
- Redesigned suspension mounts. The FF/FR/RF/RR are new for the MBX8 Eco.
- Redesigned box-shaped suspension arms and arm stiffeners.
- The front and rear lower arms use an impact resistant material for increased durability. The arms are box-shaped and include arm stiffeners to reduce flex and increase durability. Adjusting the hardness of the lower suspension arms is now possible. This allows you to fine tune the steering and traction from track to track. CFRP plates will be released as an option part.
- Lightweight one-piece wing mount:
- The new lightweight one-piece wing mount lower the center of gravity. The position of the wing and wing mount is optimized to improve the performance of vehicle. The height of the wing mount is adjustable. This allows you to control the down force on the rear of the vehicle by simply raising or lowering the mount on the shock tower.
- Lightweight high down-force wing:
- The Redesigned IFMAR legal wing is lightweight and provides amazing down force and corning. The underside of the wing uses a fresh design to reduced weight and creates additional down-force.
- Battery tray and receiver box:
- The MBX8 Eco’s battery tray allows you to position a 4S battery farther forward then with previous models. The receiver box is also new for the MBX8 Eco.
Team Edition Features:
- (MUGE0240) 1mm Wide Offset Wheel Hubs:
- The 1mm wide offset wheel hubs will increase stability and cornering.
- (MUGE2146) Inline Front Uprights:
- The inline front uprights have smoother steering compared to the stock trailing front uprights and work great in high traction conditions. Uprights can be used with both CVA and universal style driveshafts.
- (MUGE2168) -3mm Front Upright Arm:
- The -3mm front upright arm improves the initial steering response and make the vehicle more stable through the middle and exit of the corner. The updated upright arms also reduce bump steer and make the vehicle more predictable in bumpy conditions.
- (MUGE2428) +15mm Rear Wing Stay:
- The +15mm wing mount has more adjustment and will help increase mid corner rotation and be more stable in high speed conditions.
- Other redesigned parts and upgrades:
- Body, Clamping Servo Saver Nut, F/R Shock Towers, Front bumper, Center joint cup(MUGE2260), Center Front (MUGE2261 - 84.5mm) and Rear (MUGE2262 - 115mm) Dogbone, Front center and rear center universal joint.
Needed to Complete:
- 1/8 Scale Brushless Motor & ESC
- 2-Channel Radio System
- High Torque Steering Servo
- (2) 2S LiPo Batteries or (1) 4S LiPo (at least 5000mAh)
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Paint for Polycarbonate Body
- Tires, Wheels & Glue
This product was added to our catalog on July 8, 2019