The Mugen Seiki MBX8 ECO 1/8 Electric Off-Road Buggy Kit has been tested and developed by the worlds top drivers and represents the next step in the evolution of Mugen Seiki race cars.
NOTE: Electronics, wheels and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- The MBX8 Eco chassis improves steering and is more consistent in bumpy conditions.
- Differential and Drivetrain:
- High Traction Differentials are included in the MBX8 Eco. The Mugen Seiki HTD provides increased acceleration, longer runtime, and more consistent handling. The HTDís also increase stability, traction and improve handling in bumpy conditions. The HTD has a larger volume diff cup to increase consistency during long main events. This makes it easier to time rhythm sections, better in bumpy and low grip conditions, helps to increase traction, and increases fuel mileage.
- Redesigned straight cut 13T bevel gear and 44T conical gear.
- Straight cut bevel and conical gears increase acceleration, runtime, and efficiency. A free and efficient drivetrain will also increase speeds while cornering.
- Redesigned plastic 46T HTD spur gear.
- Redesigned front and rear gearbox.
- The gearbox allows you to remove and service the differentials without detaching the suspension arm mounts. Easy access to the front and rear differential.
- Redesigned suspension mounts. The FF/FR/RF/RR are new for the MBX8 Eco.
- Redesigned box-shaped suspension arms and arm stiffeners.
- The front and rear lower arms use an impact resistant material for increased durability. The arms are box-shaped and include arm stiffeners to reduce flex and increase durability. Adjusting the hardness of the lower suspension arms is now possible. This allows you to fine tune the steering and traction from track to track. CFRP plates will be released as an option part.
- Lightweight one-piece wing mount:
- The new lightweight one-piece wing mount lower the center of gravity. The position of the wing and wing mount is optimized to improve the performance of vehicle. The height of the wing mount is adjustable. This allows you to control the down force on the rear of the vehicle by simply raising or lowering the mount on the shock tower.
- Lightweight high down-force wing:
- The Redesigned IFMAR legal wing is lightweight and provides amazing down force and corning. The underside of the wing uses a fresh design to reduced weight and creates additional down-force.
- Battery tray and receiver box:
- The MBX8 Ecoís battery tray allows you to position a 4S battery farther forward then with previous models. The receiver box is also new for the MBX8 Eco.
- Other redesigned parts and upgrades:
- Body, Clamping Servo Saver Nut, F/R Shock Towers, Front bumper, Front center and rear center universal joint.
Needed to Complete:
- 1/8 Scale Brushless Motor & ESC
- 2-Channel Radio System
- High Torque Steering Servo
- (2) 2S LiPo Batteries or (1) 4S LiPo (at least 5000mAh)
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Paint for Polycarbonate Body
- Tires, Wheels & Glue
This product was added to our catalog on May 29, 2018
The support from Mugen Seiki especially from Adam Drake is amazing, give them a message, they will always response you on time to resolve your issue.
In summary, if you are a MBX7R Eco owner, it's worth to invest the money to change into this new generation, you will feel the difference.
If you are a other brands' owner and want to try something new, give MBX8 Eco a shot and you will never feel disappointed.
Love the car so much!
I installed the under drive gears in the rear and it totally fixed the problem. I also played bit with slightly different shock oils and pistons, and a few roll center changes. It jumps and lands great, turns like crazy. All in all I'm very happy with it. I was a die hard Xray driver for years. By by Xray$$$. My next one will be the Mugen truggy.
I made a great choice getting this kit Iím loving it. I. Even named it Jules haha.. Lol.. Great Buggy handle any track you put under itís chassi. Very durable. This is my first 1/8 scale so i crash it a lot and its taking it like a champ. No upgrade parts yet all stock. Getting to 1/8 scale i really recommend this kit. You wont regret it. Secretly want to get the nitro version to start with that and go racing.
Y3AH BOY RC