This is an optional KDE Direct 112 Tooth, Mod 1 HD Main Drive Gear, and is intended for use with all Align T-Rex 700E models (V1/V2/DFC) and 700N/800 E-Conversion series (replaces stock Align part AGNH70020B). Due to tolerance variability with the stock TREX 700E (V1/V2/DFC) motor mount and frames, KDE recommends this part be combined with the KDE Direct TREX 700E Universal Motor Mount and Pinion Support upgrade
to provide optimal gear mesh adjustability.
The Heavy-Duty series Slant Main Drive Gear is precision machined from a proprietary Nylatron MoS2-Filled Type 66 Polyamide, one of the best materials available today for polymer gears and the perfect match for an extremely strong, smooth running, and durable power transmission for the TREX 700E series helicopters. Through months of testing, the gear has been optimized to include numerous design features for optimum performance, including:
Design Advantages of the KDE Direct Slant Main Drive Gear, 112T, MOD1.0:
- Increased gear height to 12mm (stock is 10mm) for increased strength and contact surface area.
- The tooth involute profile has been optimized through numerous design iterations for increased tooth engagement and strength, providing an incredibly quiet and durable gear for a MOD1.0 power train.
- Weight was reduced through FEA optimizations of the machining pattern to significantly reduce weight, while maintaining full strength of a solid-gear profile.
- The self-lubricating properties of the proprietary MoS2-Filled Type 66 Polyamide material provides exceptional wear and noise properties, providing a gear that can withstand the harsh nature of hardcore 3D flight.
- Density: 1.15g/cc. 19% Less Weight (Reduced Weight to the Helicopter)
- Tensile Strength (Ultimate): 12,500psi. 32% Stronger Tooth (More Power and Torque Capability)
- Shear Strength: 10,500psi 32% Stronger Tooth Root (More Power and Torque Capability)
- Flexural Yield Strength: 17,000psi. 42% Stronger Tooth Root (More Power and Torque Capability)
- Coefficient of Friction: 0.200. 20% Less Friction (Less Noise, More Power Transfer)
- K (Wear) Factor: 90e-10 [in^3-min/lbf-ft-hr] 55% Less Wear (Longer Lasting Gear)
Precision CNC-machined, Nylatron Proprietary MoS2-Filled Type 66 Polyamide
55g (design is FEA optimized for maximum strength and minimum weight)
This gear is not recommended for the TREX 550/600 series helicopters. The reduced-height slant gear KDE Direct TREX 550/600/700 Series Slant Main Drive Gear, 112T, MOD 1.0 (KDEAT700-MDGM1-S) is recommended for those setups to achieve optimal fit and performance.
This product was added to our catalog on August 3, 2012