Mini 8IGHT-T 1/14 Scale 4WD Electric Brushless Truggy RTR by Losi w/2.4GHz & AVC
This is the Losi Mini 8IGHT-T 1/14 Scale Ready to Run 4WD Electric Brushless Truggy. This brushless powered 4WD prodigy takes the mini 8IGHT platform to the next level. You'll be hard-pressed to find another 1/14-scale truggy on the market with the same enhanced power and impressive electronics that are packed into the Losi Mini 8IGHT-T truggy! With its aluminum chassis, 4WD shaft-driven drivetrain and durable build, this relentless 1/14-scale truggy can thrash across dirt, gravel and asphalt without skipping a beat.
To better manage the outrageous power of its brushless power system, the Mini 8IGHT-T utilizes the AVC™ (Active Vehicle Control™) technology system for advanced power management over its impressive 4500KV brushless engine and precision handling. Better still, the Mini 8IGHT-T comes equipped with absolutely everything you need to get started so you can be out experiencing Losi thrills in the time it takes to charge the battery.
- Dynamite® 4500kv brushless motor: Designed to deliver plenty of power to the 4WD drivetrain, the MINI 8IGHT-T motor requires little to no maintenance and provides a whole lot of fast-paced action.
- Dynamite® Waterproof Brushless ESC: This brushless ESC features auto-cell detection, built in cutoff, and is compatible with NiMH and 2S to 3S LiPo.
- AVC Enhanced Spektrum™ SRS4200 Receiver: Genuine AVC (Active Vehicle Control) and extended range 2.4GHz technology ensure you can experience extended range interference-free driving. With AVC included you'll be able to make the most of the Mini 8IGHT-T's brushless power system and impressive 4WD capabilities.
- Aluminum, Adjustable, Oil-filled, Coil-over Shocks: Threaded-aluminum, oil-filled, coil-over shocks are built to be dependable, durable and designed to ensure the desired suspension performance. Threaded bodies and collars allow for easy adjustments and fine tuning.
- Mini Blockhead Truggy Tires: Impressive and durable tires provide ample traction in numerous surface conditions.
- 7.2v 1100mah NIMH Battery Pack with EC3 Connectors: The Mini 8IGHT-T RTR includes a powerful, rechargeable NiMH battery pack and wall charger, making it easy to get started.
- Spektrum DX2e v3 Transmitter: The Spektrum DX2E V3 transmitter features extended range DSMR technology and superior comfort as well as AVC compatibility. The Throttle-limiting switch is ideal for training or when handing the controls over to a less experienced driver.
- 12mm Wheel Hex: The 12mm wheel hex provides the ability to use any 1/10th 2 wheel drive 22 Series rear wheel and tire combination. This greatly expands the tire choices for any track or environment.
- Mini 8ight-T Body: The Mini 8IGHT-T body was created directly from the Team Losi Racing 8IGHT-T 3.0 body and provides an excellent and stylish cab forward look.
- Gear Cover: The Mini 8IGHT-T comes with molded gear cover that protects the pinion and spur gear from dirt and debris.
Length: 13 in (319mm)
Width: 10 in (255mm)
Height: 5 in (120mm)
Ground Clearance: 0.9 in (23mm)
Wheelbase: 8.8 in (223mm)
Weight: 2.9 lb (1.32 kg)
Chassis: 2.5mm Plate
Tire Type: Blockhead (Soft)
Motor or Engine: 4500Kv Non-Sensored Brushless
Speed Control: Included
Batteries: 7.2V 1100mAh Ni-MH
Charger: Ni-MH AC Peak
Gear Pitch: 0.5 MOD
Wheel Size: 2.2 in (56mm)
Shock Type: Aluminum
Ball Bearings: Full Bearings
Experience Level: Beginner
Is Assembly Required: No
Needed to Complete:
- Nothing - Everything is in the box!
This product was added to our catalog on June 2, 2014.
I installed a airtronics receiver, bound it, calibrated and dropped it on the track with 2s 2200mah battery and loved it right off the bat. Stock setup liked the indoor clay at my local track. 4 minutes came off hot, 190.. Pulled the tires off and went with some worn dirt webs, temps dropped big time and battery draw went from 1300mah at 4 minutes to 1130 after 6 minutes..
Fun truck to run and with several folks locally buying them, we had a class of mini 8ights which was a blast.
Buy buy buy.. After three races only issue I had was a ball cup pop off. No biggie...)
Proper setup (not out of the box) is definitely a must if you plan on running lipo packs in this vehicle. Even a quick check of the spur/pinion mesh I would highly recommend prior to your first run. Check the slipper too. Since the repairs I've done, this little truck is a rocket on 2s lipo. Top end is not what it could be after replacing the stock 16t pinion w/ a 14t and keeping the new spur gear at 62t. Probably 35mph but more pull from lower speeds. If you want speed, I'm sure this truck will provide just that using a smaller spur and 3s lipo.
All in all, a fun little truck that has potential to be a tough bashing truck or precision track machine; provided you are willing to spend some time on setup. My opinion, its not RTR w/ lipo batteries but again, just running the stock pack won't push the truck to extremes. Wouldn't recommend as a "beginner" level RTR but would, however, recommend to those who don't mind putting some time and patience into the truck.)
All in all, I can't really find anything to complain about with this little rig. I've run maybe 30 packs through it all on 2s and had zero breakages or anything. I think running it on 3s will simply tear this thing apart, and I dunno about the rest of you? But I'm not gonna blow almost $300 just to break it all to hell!
Get one and you'll see. This is a great little fun Truggy for everyone. Oh. One last thing. The AVC is crap!! Rip it out or turn it off. Might be needed for a noob. But for anyone else? It's a waste of time.)
Small gravel gets under the spur gear cover and eats away the spur gear. On our 5th gear set in a month... STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE DESIGN!!! waste of $300)