MBX7R ECO 1/8 Electric Off-Road Competition Buggy Kit by Mugen Seiki
This product was added to our catalog on December 22, 2014.
This is the Mugen MBX7R ECO 1/8 Off-Road Competition Buggy Kit. The MBX7R ECO is based off the World Champion MBX7 platform with many high end improvements in suspension, steering and other areas to create the ultimate 1/8 scale e-buggy. Mugen concentrated on making the suspension on the MBX7R ECO even better with redesigned 16mm front and rear shocks. These shocks will greatly improve stability in the bumps and jumps, while helping to reduce fade during longer runs. The rear shocks are 4mm shorter and with the use of a redesigned rear shock tower, the back of the 7R will stay hooked up and on the ground. The 7R gets a chassis update, with a redesigned side angle that creates more strength and a better feel on all surfaces.
The MBX7R ECO also benefits from a redesigned front hub carrier that changes the position of the front axle to a trailing axle position. This will improve overall steering and the driving feel of the 7R. A redesigned steering ackerman plate with additional steering tie rod holes is included to deliver maximum steering adjustability. The front upper suspension arm has been shortened 1.6mm to allow for more camber adjustability and the use of the E0161 spacer between the pillar ball and upper arm. The drive train of the MBX7R ECO has also been improved with the use of a universal style drive shaft for both the front and rear drive shafts. This will greatly improve the feel of the buggy on bumpy surfaces. The use of the universal will make the overall drive train much smoother and will spin with less friction. The redesigned wing mount moves the wing closer to the shock tower for better traction and jumping abilities.
The MBX7R ECO is equipped with a specially designed battery tray that will accept either 2 – 2 cell LiPo batteries in a staggered mounting position for optimum weight distribution, or a single 4 cell battery configuration. A specially designed motor mount which has been beefed up so you can run bigger and more powerful electric motors without losing gear mesh or without the flex which causes motor or mount breakages. There is a heavy duty sliding motor mount that is anchored down with 4mm screws for extra strength.
MBX7R ECO Features:
- Heavy duty aluminum motor mount housing A
- Heavy duty aluminum motor mount B
- Lightweight conical gears
- Straight cut conical and ring differential gears
- Specially designed front upper and lower suspension arms, front hub carriers, rear suspension arms and hub carriers
- Fully adjustable steering with new geometry, servo saver and ackerman plate
- Front/Rear 16mm hard anodized threaded shocks with 3.5mm shock shafts and slim rubber boots
- 3mm A7075 hard anodized chassis
- 5mm A7075 aluminum front shock tower
- 4mm A7075 aluminum rear shock tower
- 5mm A7075 aluminum lower suspension mounts for optimized geometry
- A special designed fuel tank with redesigned baffle system
- E0710 heavy duty aluminum clutch shoes
- Stylish cab forward body
- Re-designed wing mount and high force wing
Redesigned MBX7R ECO Parts:
- E2129 Front Upright: Redesigned front hub carrier incorporates the front universal to be in a trailing axle position. A redesigned universal (E2218) is used with this hub and it uses an 8mm x 16mm ball bearing.
- E2131 Rear Upright: The rear hub carrier has been modified to allow for use of an 8mm x 16mm ball bearing which is required for the E2219 universal shaft. This hub carrier will also allow the use of the 15mm x 21mm ball bearing too. This hub carrier is compatible with the MBX7R and MBX7.
- E2132 Front Upper Arm: The front upper suspension arm has been shortened 1.6mm in length. This will allow the use of the E0161 spacer between the pillar ball and the upper arm. This will allow for the same camber on each side of the buggy.
- E2133 Rear Lower Arm: The suspension arm has been modified to allow for clearance so the E2219 universal doesn’t rub the arm. This arm is compatible with the MBX7R and MBX7.
- E2218 Front Universal Shaft: A redesigned universal drive shaft set for the front of the MBX7R. The E2129 front upright must be used with these universals as they require an 8mm x 16mm ball bearing. The length of the drive shaft is 91.5mm.
- E2219 Rear Universal Shaft: A redesigned universal drive shaft set for the rear of the MBX7R. The E2131 upright must be used with these universals as they require an 8mm x 16mm ball bearing. The length of the drive shaft is 89.5mm.
- E2314 Steering Plate: The redesigned steering ackerman plate has 5 adjustment holes for maximum steering adjustability
- E2408 Wing Stay: A redesigned wing mount can move the wing forward maximum 10.5mm to improve traction and overall feel of the buggy.
- E2409 Stone Guard: The sides of the stone guard are changed to fit the 7R chassis
- E2411 Chassis: The side angle of the chassis has been changed to increase chassis strength. This will allow for a better feeling on all surfaces.
- E2528 & E2529 16mm Shock Set: Redesigned 16mm Front/Rear shocks which will greatly improve stability in bumps and jumps
Needed to Complete:
- 1/8 Scale Brushless Motor & ESC
- 2-Channel Radio System
- High Torque Steering Servo
- (2) 2S LiPo Batteries or (1) 4S LiPo (at least 5000mAh)
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Paint for Polycarbonate Body
- Tires, Wheels & Glue