Mamba Micro X 1/18th Scale Brushless Combo (8200KV) by Castle Creations
Castle Creations' Mamba Micro X puts Extreme Power, Extreme Control and Extreme Fun in a relatively small footprint. This package combines the Micro X and a Castle “mighty-mite” 0808 - 8200Kv brushless motor to create the ultimate brushless power system upgrade for Mini-LST, Half-Eight, Mini-Quake and Spyder vehicles. Small enough for most 1:18th scale vehicles, the waterproof Micro X is suitable for 2WD or 4WD vehicles over 1.5 lbs and up to 2.25 lbs.
Following suit with the other Mamba X Series ESCs, the Mamba Micro X features even more extreme performance and capabilities than the model it replaces. The Micro X receives a heavy-duty BEC (battery eliminator circuit) to handle today’s high-draw digital servos and also features a programmable Auxiliary Wire (AUX) that allows the user to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings, such as torque control and max throttle, directly from a compatible transmitter. This allows you to fine-tune the performance of the Micro X to meet changing driving conditions.
The Micro X features the ability to run sensored brushless motors (with the purchase of an optional Sensor Harness). Now, a whole new group of R/C enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the power, control and fun of a Castle power system in your vehicle. The Micro X is cable of running on 2S up to 3S LiPo power with a highly-efficient heat sink design to keep you running cool, even when pushing it hard in mud, sand and other heavy power applications.
Castle Link: Industry-Leading Software Functions and Tuning
Small but mighty, the Micro X can be “custom tuned” via Castle’s industry-leading Castle Link software. The Micro X includes a coupon for a free Castle Link USB device. This allows access to the full programming suite of adjustable settings so that enthusiasts can tune and tweak the performance of their Micro X-equipped vehicle to their preference.
Castle Link adjustable settings for the Micro X include:
- Braking Curve
- Drag Brake
- Auto LiPo Cutoff
- Punch Control
- Reverse Type
- Motor Type
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo; MAX: 3S LiPo, 12.6V
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V or 7.5V (2A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment. (See Product Use Statements)
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes - with lockout
- On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof
- ESC Cooling Fan: No
- Size: 1.61”in x 0.75”in x 1.10” inches (4.1 x 1.9 x 2.8 cm)
- Weight (w/o battery connector soldered to ESC): 1.20 oz (34.01 g)
- Application Guidelines: 1:18th scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 2.25lbs.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, 4mm Castle Connectors are recommended.
- Kv: 4100
- Motor Size: 1.5” x .79”
- Shaft: .08” (2mm)
- Weight: 1.8oz (50g)
- Mounting Hole: 1/2”, 14MM, 5/8”
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 180 F (82 C)
- Maximum Input Voltage: 3S LiPo (2S LiPo max for 8200kv)
- Connectors: 3.5mm gold connectors (female connectors included)
Product Use Statements:
- Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.
- Applying voltages higher than 12.6 volts will cause irreparable damage to your controller, voiding your warranty.
- Recommended battery capacity for 1:18th scale vehicles is 1500mAh. Castle recommends using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- The Mamba Micro X has 3.5mm bullet connectors on the motor wires and the battery input wires are bare. You must add the connector of your choice to the battery leads. Castle recommends a high current connector rated for at least 40 amps.
This product is expected to arrive on Tuesday, March 7 2017.